Woolwich Wanderers V Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't think AVB has ever gone out to make a game scrappy a la Mourinho, but with Dembele seemingly off form and dependent on his fitness I wouldn't mind seeing Sandro and Capoue start deep :harryhmm: Would make life hell for them and provide cover for Rose and Walker should they bomb into attack. All dependent on Sandro's fitness though, be interesting to see if he plays on thursday:sandroscream: Goal from open play would be nice also. I'm going Paulinho brace:paulinho: 1-2:freundgoal:

Is there any chance of Lennon and Townsend both starting? I wouldnt mind seeing both players interchanging as one knows what its like to play in a NLD regularly and the other is a Spurs boy at heart so will play with all he has got.

Not doubting Chadli though, just would rather he was benched for this..

As others have said on this Walcott seems to be the threatening of their players. Why not play with inverted wingers again and try Lennon on the left side with his famed tracking back ability. (which I think was so underrated it is now become overrated) Rose has been a bit questionable from a defensive standpoint and playing Lennon alongside him hopefully will help. Lennon seems to the most defensive capable winger we have. AVB went with Dembele/Paulinho/Capoue against Swansea's possession oriented tiny midfielders, I would be surprised to see AVB doing anything different going against the same type of players.

Lloris
Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - Rose
Capoue - Dembele
Paulinho
Townsend - Soldado - Lennon

Never heard of him, which I choose to take as a good sign.
If you recognise the name of a ref, it means he does something to attract attention, and that's almost always negative.

Looked up some ref stats. He is 28, youngest ref to officiate an FA cup semi final. Only one red card given last season, 25/8/12, well due one.. Last time he was referee for a Spurs game we lost, Liverpool away. Last time he refereed a Gooner game they drew 1-1 to Everton away. Has never been the Referee in a NLD.

Capoue (or Sandro) on Wilshere this weekend

HNj4y4P_zpsbb100046.gif

Chadli's pretty good at tracking back, rather keep him in than experiment with Lennon

Why are people here doubting him? I think he did a great job against Swansea. Always tracked back defensively, challenged the player instead of the ball and timed his tackles wisely. Isn't that the player we want to annoy the fuck out of Walcott?

Chadli is the tallest player in our 11 too so we can use that for corners at least as we all know we can't defend them for anything.

I really hope we beat them. Winning at the Emirates is something I've witnessed once and seeing Lilywhite run through that shithole is a wonderful sight. Full of despondent gooners and Spurs going wild.

Had to listen to a Gooner I know all summer about how they're still better, please can we just smash them.

Back
Top Bottom