Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Best thing is how far inside the box Vertonghen was during the pen miss. Mate of mine is still fuming about it not being retaken. If we finish 3rd above Woolwich by 1 pt, it's going to be delicious for years to come. :vert:

Best thing is how far inside the box Vertonghen was during the pen miss. Mate of mine is still fuming about it not being retaken. If we finish 3rd above Woolwich by 1 pt, it's going to be delicious for years to come. :vert:

If we had to draw, then I couldnt have picked a better way to do it

Last edited:
:avbfacepalm:
You are as thick as pigshit! Have you not read the last 20 pages of this thread? Half the reffing fraternity have said it was absolutely spot on, the other half have said it wasn't a pen!
Oh dear, grumpy old man in rant against technology shocker resorts to petty child calling

Oh dear, grumpy old man in rant against technology shocker resorts to petty child calling
I've run, owned, sold & invested in Tech firms (still do) for the past 25yrs you moron.

But because the South African lego king says it's "200% obvious" whilst ignoring the fact that both the past & present officials of the game can't agree on whether it was or wasn't doesn't matter because lego king says so. Twat!

And that's exactly why VAR is there
Wankspace "VAR wasn't used". He's told that it absolutely was, then follows up the post with "that's exactly why it's there".
giphy.gif

I've run, owned, sold & invested in Tech firms (still do) for the past 25yrs you moron.

But because the South African lego king says it's "200% obvious" whilst ignoring the fact that both the past & present officials of the game can't agree on whether it was or wasn't doesn't matter because lego king says so. Twat!
Get on with the times then, old pal, it's here to stay. At least have a modicum of intellect to develop your own views and opinions instead of copy-pasting bullshit from Twitter on here daily

to be perfectly honest I thought it was pretty poor - I couldn't get there until KO but other than a little bit of noise now and then I thought it was quite dead. When they got the Penalty there was a fair few leavers around me but the thing that hit me was there was no real anger, just resigned. I left thinking that most just want this season to be over - I really hope that's the last game there.
I'm not sure if we will have any more games at Wembley but I've been sitting in 133. Has been really livley for a big games.

Those that are calling for VAR think it clears up issues like the offside, I think the penny is dropping that perhaps that it won't, and if it doesn't what is the point of bringing it in?

You maybe didn't see that little twat Chicorito punching the ball in for the points two weeks ago. Or the penalty Brighton should have had for handball against Burnley who then went straight up the other end and dived for a penalty that won them the game.

Massive obvious errors that are costing teams games and ultimately relegation and titles. Just about every CL semi final over the last few years has featured shocking decisions that have ended up deciding finalists. It's pathetic.

And then we have managers, every week blaming refs instead of themselves or the mistakes their players make.

VAR isn't going to cure everything. But's it's going to cure lots of things. Offside for a start.

You maybe didn't see that little twat Chicorito punching the ball in for the points two weeks ago. Or the penalty Brighton should have had for handball against Burnley who then went straight up the other end and dived for a penalty that won them the game.

Massive obvious errors that are costing teams games and ultimately relegation and titles. Just about every CL semi final over the last few years has featured shocking decisions that have ended up deciding finalists. It's pathetic.

And then we have managers, every week blaming refs instead of themselves or the mistakes their players make.

VAR isn't going to cure everything. But's it's going to cure lots of things. Offside for a start.
And here we are again, refs get 2% of decisions wrong on ave per game. Deal with it. It's the game you I and everyone else fell in love with, probably (I don't know your age) when the refs were fat old fuckers miles behind the play, when they were amateurs reffing a school game on Tuesday then off to Man U at the weekend, but despite the standards increasing every year to a point where they get 98% of the decision correct all of a sudden this is now unacceptable but hardly got anyone to bat an eyelid before.

You've been lead a merry dance by a clickbait media, unable to analyse football matches so the focus is solely on the, was it? Wasn't moments of a game. With poll after poll of was it? Wasn't it choices for all of social media to rage over. Why can't people pause for a second and think back to when they first started to watch a game, there wasn't the scrutiny there is now, there wasn't the rage. Why? It doesn't take a genius to work it out.

This is easily fixed, I agree about Managers (players too) moaning about officials, they shouldn't be allowed to comment on them, players should be banned for talking to a ref, let alone confront them or abuse them (only the Captains should have the privilege). Media should actually do some proper work for a change and analyse the game of football that has just taken place, by all means, if there was a dodgy decision bring it up, but move on talk about the rest of the game.

VAR has slowed down the game, so many decisions are either still incorrect or have highlighted the fact that they are just as contentious with or without the use of it, still inconclusive and still media banging on, basically, nothing has changed. VAR was brought in to uphold the law but it's now changing the law, that's ridiculous.

All this shit just so a game founded on errors becomes sterile just to satisfy those who have their tins of food lined up with their labels facing outwards in their cupboards at home, the boring cunts, the cunts that iron their jeans with a razor sharp crease down the middle, the Keiths, Kevins and Howards who go metal detecting to let off steam when Mike Dean has got a decision wrong. Am I right Keith?

And here we are again, refs get 2% of decisions wrong on ave per game. Deal with it. It's the game you I and everyone else fell in love with, probably (I don't know your age) when the refs were fat old fuckers miles behind the play, when they were amateurs reffing a school game on Tuesday then off to Man U at the weekend, but despite the standards increasing every year to a point where they get 98% of the decision correct all of a sudden this is now unacceptable but hardly got anyone to bat an eyelid before.

You've been lead a merry dance by a clickbait media, unable to analyse football matches so the focus is solely on the, was it? Wasn't moments of a game. With poll after poll of was it? Wasn't it choices for all of social media to rage over. Why can't people pause for a second and think back to when they first started to watch a game, there wasn't the scrutiny there is now, there wasn't the rage. Why? It doesn't take a genius to work it out.

This is easily fixed, I agree about Managers (players too) moaning about officials, they shouldn't be allowed to comment on them, players should be banned for talking to a ref, let alone confront them or abuse them (only the Captains should have the privilege). Media should actually do some proper work for a change and analyse the game of football that has just taken place, by all means, if there was a dodgy decision bring it up, but move on talk about the rest of the game.

VAR has slowed down the game, so many decisions are either still incorrect or have highlighted the fact that they are just as contentious with or without the use of it, still inconclusive and still media banging on, basically, nothing has changed. VAR was brought in to uphold the law but it's now changing the law, that's ridiculous.

All this shit just so a game founded on errors becomes sterile just to satisfy those who have their tins of food lined up with their labels facing outwards in their cupboards at home, the boring cunts, the cunts that iron their jeans with a razor sharp crease down the middle, the Keiths, Kevins and Howards who go metal detecting to let off steam when Mike Dean has got a decision wrong. Am I right Keith?

Sorry, maybe you didn’t understand what I wrote.

West Ham scored an illegal goal that was allowed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom