World Cup Matches Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is an outstanding player no doubt, I am not talking about this game, his behaviour in general, like the first game with that stupid penalty, not the miss just then but ignoring two teammates

Forget it - if he was a professional like Lloris he would be our captain next season, he may even have a better place in Belgiums team but gets put left back
He's saved Belgium several times now though by just working his ass off. Who cares if he doesn't show his love on Twitter all the time or lose his cool on the pitch?! Well apparently actually a lot of people.

He's saved Belgium several times now though by just working his ass off. Who cares if he doesn't show his love on Twitter all the time or lose his cool on the pitch?! Well apparently actually a lot of people.

I admire you - you were backing England too right! You should get a special award or something, a future in politics awaits you young man

It's mental over here. Full of pissed up argies with vuvuzelas & the American fans are going bonkers. I'm sat quietly cos I still can't feel my legs let alone reach my toes. But this is one amazing World Cup. Loving every minute of it.

By the way VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur I was in Washington/Virginia this weekend, my first time - and now I know what you mean when Tinder opportunities are seldom, I was in King George and it was very sparse!

Ok back to the football!
Jesus, by comparison I'd be drowning in pussy if I were tindering up in D.C. That's a 5 hour drive for me!

I admire you - you were backing England too right! You should get a special award or something, a future in politics awaits you young man
When you say that you mean I backed England by saying I thought England weren't as bad as some on here were making out? If so then yes, I guess I was.

And no, I hate politics, arguing all day with no end product is not my cup of tea. In fact I don't know why I'm bothering now, I think it's just because I'm tired, so lets leave it here.

Septics what a fantastic preformance you should be really proud of your team out there. Your support been great too.

Ohh to have a side who would show as much desire and passion.

Thank you USA

Well, delighted with that result. Had to support the Belgians due to the Spurs players. But, having said that, I think the US acquitted themselves well in that game and punched well above their weight. Whether or not they will be able to carry that on beyond the tournament remains to be seen. Some of the better players like Howard and Dempsey are not gonna be around for the next tournament.

Belgium, I think, will inevitably get pasted by Argentina if they continue to play as they have. They have been underwhelming in my opinion. The polar opposite of the US in that respect in that they have been less than the sum of their parts. Still, I look forward to the Argentina game with great relish. Delighted to see our players doing well.

As an Expat in Chicago I am taking full credit for the change in mindset towards football in US, 60,000 at soldier field to watch it 3pm on a Tuesday workday

The amount of guys who i talk to who stopped playing at 16 is extraordinary, including one guy I met at weekend who came to UK on tour and played against Jagielka, hopefully the US will start funding football properly now and give it the push it deserves, that teams performance was outstanding

Crazy game.

Belgium's final shot was as putrid as USA's final pass thru 90

Then game goes haywire in extra time and both teams could have easily buried multiple chances.

Credit to Belgium. Worthy of advancing for sure. Argentina should be nervous

USA. Valiant effort and love the never give up attitude. And watching a few young ens, the future is bright.

Game of the tournament so far.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom