Worst Co-Commentator Award

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does Michael Owen do them? Can’t recall, but he’s awful and entirely uninformed, as well. He wins my vote, even if he doesn’t actually do co-comms. That’s how bad he is.
Owen is as thick as shit, he could not offer any insight even if it was being whispered in his ear.

Can't stand the guy, like jack wilshere, Owen suffers from small man syndrome and takes this out by bullying kids. Horrible man.

I read it was Gary Birtles, tho I think that was purely based on him saying that he had played with John Robertson, who apparently never mis-hit a cross in his entire career.

Agree with you and Dogstar tho, He was seven shades of shit.

You know things are bad when you are pining for Michael Owen's insight.
He's a tottenham fan

Did Tony Gale have money on Kane getting a yellow or something today? Wouldn't stop banging on about it even for the pen shout. Didn't wait for the replay. Just mentioned if not a pen he should get a yellow for diving.

Man sounds obsessed.

Beglin is a dreary, moany, cringy, spurs hating prick. We don't deserve any win and the other team always play better.
"part of the modern game" and "dark arts", never shuts up about it, unless someone has their leg ripped off... they're making a meal of it.
His attempts at humour are shocking, not even up to a dad joke standard.
And, he may not even be the worst co Comms, there's a lot of competition
That he called our second half a smash and grab and that it was "unbelievably cruel" to Villa says it all.

He hasn't stunk up our games for a while. I guess from all the viewer complaints yet here he is again.

I hope his wife doesn't take any chances burning the roast or the dog doesn't pee on the rug overnight or there will be hell to pay.

Fair play that dickheads like spitty or Gary the failed manager read from a script but Begin has no place pretending to be neutral.

Any of the token women that are forced on our screens. Pure box ticking. They can fuck right off.

Keep female commentators for female football and male for male football

Simple enough

Bad enough when they’re commenting on cricket

I hate them all to be honest. It's the very presence of another unnecessary mouthpiece which inevitably leads to aimless waffle and glib observation that further irritates viewers no doubt already annoyed by their team. One bloody commentator is plenty

A shout-out for Andy "If-That-Had-Gone-In-It-Would-Have-Been-A Goal" Townsend

"It's sometimes easier to defend a one goal lead than a two goal lead." Mark Dipso Lawrenson.

Time for a few Colemanballs, methinks...

I cant find a clip with the british commentary, but "Wor" Kevin Keegan should never have been allowed near a microphone again after his sterling work in USA 94.

Brazil v USA, and about 40 mins in Leonardo and Tab Ramos get involved in a bit of a tangle near the touchline. Ramos gives Leonardos shirt a slight tug, so Leonardo decides the appropriate reaction is to remove Ramos head with his elbow. Over rushes the ref, waving the red card.

please note, I am paraphrasing for the exchange below

Wor Kev "thats a bit harsh. not sure thats a red"
Alan "usually as neutral as it gets" Parry : "WTF? are you mental? did you look at the replay? He's twatted his fucking head into next week"
Wor Kev "Its not that bad"
Parry "Fuck off with your stupid Curly perm"

I accept that time may have confused my memory of the actual conversation, but Parry ( a man thats so neutral he thinks magnolia paint is a bit racey) rowed with him on air about it. and Wor Kev, the Geordie Messiah, just kept digging , making the hole deeper and deeper. (a bit like the rest of the geordie nation when it comes to Saudi take overs)

for your entertainment, this is what Wor Kev thought was kinda mild....

Most are terrible but the worst thing that ever happened is when BT try to spice things up and have 2 co-comms for some games. Why have one twat when you can have two 🤮

Back
Top Bottom