Worst Co-Commentator Award

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brian Kerr sounds like a real Dub. I would say he is very knowledgeable and offers more insight than most co Comms.
This could be mistaken identity

Brian Kerr ex Ireland manager. He did the co coms for Premier sports for the spurs Watford match.. it was like listening to a pub bore. Shocking.

He never shut the fuck up! Literally talked over the entire game, probably the worst I've ever heard. I want to be able to hear the atmosphere in the stadium interspersed with commentary, not listen to some old fart droning on for 90 minute with the muffled sound of a football game in the background.

He's a tottenham fan

He did seem to be quite genned up on Spurs - that would explain it. Must admit I was thinking, "Please shut up" quite a lot.

So it seems this season old dipper boy Beglin has been taken off Spurs games for Bein. Andy Townsend is the replacement which is shit in itself but I digress.

I suffered through Chavs vs Dippers the other day and I counted four times Beglin mentioned Spurs in a negative light. Even when that murderer Alonso was standing over the ball to take a free kick Beglin was chuckling about how he scores them against Spurs.

Genuine question: Why is he so obsessed? I can understand Sourness having sand in his clunge as Spurs rejected him, but Beglin? Who hurt him?
Hes an abslolute sack. Thinks hes hilarious and spouts same old stuff hes heard of someone else. No insight no knowledge

He did seem to be quite genned up on Spurs - that would explain it. Must admit I was thinking, "Please shut up" quite a lot.
Definitely wasnt kerr. His voice is pure distinct dublin.
Whoever did the watford game called it 100%. Outraged at our penos not given.
So pro spurs he prob wont get another gig

He never shut the fuck up! Literally talked over the entire game, probably the worst I've ever heard. I want to be able to hear the atmosphere in the stadium interspersed with commentary, not listen to some old fart droning on for 90 minute with the muffled sound of a football game in the background.
Also, a massive pet hate of mine is "in my day.........."

Throughout the game, he just kept on referencing his day as a player and how he would do it differently. (Now, I don't like it when Shearer says this, one of the best players in his position to play the game but he only judges a player to how he played number 9 and fails to notice or understand players excelling a false 9 or like Kane dropping deep or spinning out to the touchlines to move defenders for his teammates). But this twat was an absolute nothing of a player.

I read it was Gary Birtles, tho I think that was purely based on him saying that he had played with John Robertson, who apparently never mis-hit a cross in his entire career.

Agree with you and Dogstar tho, He was seven shades of shit.

You know things are bad when you are pining for Michael Owen's insight.
Think you are right about it being Gary Birtles. A friend looked it up during the game because I was complaining about how awful it was having to listen to him moan and moan about things like Conte wearing a puffy jacket and players wearing gloves. Not to mention his obsession with Emerson's crossing struggles. Had as much real insight as some bloke in pub.

This suggests it was him as well.
icdb.tv - Commentator listing for Garry Birtles

Despite his monotone voice and who he used to play for, I don't mind Alan Smith half as much as some others.

Michael Owen is the absolute worse. Genuinely sounds thick, like someone who would say Colgate is the capital of America and not a toothpaste.

Think you are right about it being Gary Birtles. A friend looked it up during the game because I was complaining about how awful it was having to listen to him moan and moan about things like Conte wearing a puffy jacket and players wearing gloves. Not to mention his obsession with Emerson's crossing struggles. Had as much real insight as some bloke in pub.

This suggests it was him as well.
icdb.tv - Commentator listing for Garry Birtles
He wasnt wrong about emerson though

Apparently I hear he does a lot of charity work in his local hospital. Saves them millions by volunteering to be an anaesthetic. He sits in the room and talks to people while they have amputations.
this really really made me laugh, like aloud.

See you really drew me in with the first bit!

well played.

:nunothumb::mourbye:

I read it was Gary Birtles, tho I think that was purely based on him saying that he had played with John Robertson, who apparently never mis-hit a cross in his entire career.

Agree with you and Dogstar tho, He was seven shades of shit.

You know things are bad when you are pining for Michael Owen's insight.
No it was 100% Brian Kerr

himself and Robbie Brady regularly have competitions to see who can have the most affected Dublin accent ever.

rest assured my accent is nothing like that.

Definitely wasnt kerr. His voice is pure distinct dublin.
Whoever did the watford game called it 100%. Outraged at our penos not given.
So pro spurs he prob wont get another gig
It was Kerr, 100%

To be fair to him, he's actually got a very good brain for the game, but he should be an analyst not a co- comm as people say, didn't shut up .

No it was 100% Brian Kerr

himself and Robbie Brady regularly have competitions to see who can have the most affected Dublin accent ever.

rest assured my accent is nothing like that.
I think they must have been two different streams - mine may have been the one that gets shown in South Africa.

Brian Kerr has no relationship with John Robertson, Birtles played with him. As Sobie says above, this bloke had no insight or analysis whatsoever, he just whinged and whinged throughout, about anything and everything and how it was all so much better in his day. Didn't have any kind of Irish accent as far as I remember, bog standard middle-English, tho it wasn't someone I recognised.

I think they must have been two different streams - mine may have been the one that gets shown in South Africa.

Brian Kerr has no relationship with John Robertson, Birtles played with him. As Sobie says above, this bloke had no insight or analysis whatsoever, he just whinged and whinged throughout, about anything and everything and how it was all so much better in his day. Didn't have any kind of Irish accent as far as I remember, bog standard middle-English, tho it wasn't someone I recognised.
Yeah think i was the same stream. Def wasnt kerr i listened to

fair enough.

Kerr was on the "Premier Sports 1" Stream.

fair enough.

Kerr was on the "Premier Sports 1" Stream.
Are those midweek games on premier sports in Ireland but on Amazon in the UK? It would be different co Comms, and God knows who you might have if you've got a stream from elsewhere.
In other words... Leave Brian Kerr alone ya cunts

Back
Top Bottom