Worst Co-Commentator Award

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a theory. The whole world knows that we are probably the most beautiful football club on the planet, but commentators & pundits need to be seen to be impartial, so, subconsciously they overcompensate for their admiration (indeed LOVE and ADMIRATION) for The Spurs, either by making harsh, unfair and often ridiculous comments, or simply ignoring us altogether. It's a form of flattery.

Yes, they're all in denial. Pity them.

Edit - except Dixon - he's a cunt.
What I think is closer to the truth, in the uk anyway, is that when we play a non top 6 team, the pundits and Co commentators are always rooting for the underdog, understandably. But when we play a top 6 team, the pundits and Co commentator invariably always used to play for the team we are up against. This means an end result of sky literally always rooting for the other team

Not co-comms but fuck it.............................

Wolverhampton Wanderers is the peak of his achievement.

Thank you for making me very happy!

Edit - Just found UTV Ghana Online on YouTube. Akrobeto is totally addictively funny.

Last edited:
Gotta be Alan Smith. Was never going to be unbiased today having represented both Leicester and the Arse. Clearly makes up his mind who he wants to get the mom award and then says everything that player does is great even if it’s the most basic thing.

Andy Townsend is a fucking cunt. Muted him after 20 mins but can only assume he wanted to wrestle the ball from Vardy to take the pen himself.
He really is. Listening to him prattle on today was just infuriating. I don't know how we always get stuck with him, but I fucking loathe that guy. Yeah, terrible penalty given by Aurier and just brain-dead.

But that second goal they scored was just complete bad luck for us. Albrighton slips as he puts the cross in. Vardy flicks it back across the box to absolutely no one, and it goes off Toby and in. We all saw that. Yet to Andy "the utter and complete cunt" Townsend, it was magical. "That's the kind of thing that happens when you put the ball into the box." Oh yes Andy, you're so fucking wise! It was obviously a complete fluke of a goal, and it doesn't "just happen" from putting the ball into the box. Go and as Mikkel Arteta how often those crosses end up as goals!

I hoped we would make a miracle comeback for a lot of reasons, but one was just to stick it to him. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I fucking hate him and his loathsome commentary!

You're a braver man than me for not muting that utter cuntbag.
My problem is that I like a bit of commentary because sometimes they tell you things that you otherwise can't see on TV. Like if there are subs coming on, or a VAR check or things like that, and I do want to hear that. I did groan to myself as soon as he was introduced this morning though. I had a few scotches last night, and just wasn't in the mood to tolerate him!

My problem is that I like a bit of commentary because sometimes they tell you things that you otherwise can't see on TV. Like if there are subs coming on, or a VAR check or things like that, and I do want to hear that. I did groan to myself as soon as he was introduced this morning though. I had a few scotches last night, and just wasn't in the mood to tolerate him!
I unmuted at half time to hear McMannacunt saying Kane will be gone at the end of the season with no trophies.

Still sucking up to the dipper fans (who wouldn't be watching anyway) because he fucked off to Madrid. I wonder how much is projecting and how much is reading a script.

Jim Beglin on the dippers game right now. If I were a Wolves fan tuning into shit this I'd be livid.

Every time Wolves do anything he is crying for a yellow card to them. Shameless.
Yep, Beglin is an arsehole. Someone could have their leg snapped off and he'd say "the player has gone down too easy there, it's an unfortunate aspect of the modern game". And then he may treat us to one of his jokes 🤢🤮

I unmuted at half time to hear McMannacunt saying Kane will be gone at the end of the season with no trophies.

Still sucking up to the dipper fans (who wouldn't be watching anyway) because he fucked off to Madrid. I wonder how much is projecting and how much is reading a script.
I also heard that. It’s preposterous. “Will Kane want to stick around playing like this?”

Of course he will you daft prick. We’re challenging for top spot and in case you hadn’t noticed, Kane has scored 9 and assisted 10 in the league this year. What player would look at that and feel aggrieved?

Back
Top Bottom