Worst Co-Commentator Award

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

During that 5 minutes Carragher would have stolen your wallet and your watch!!

slimed john cena GIF by Kids Choice Sports 2017

Don goodman and Andy hinhcliffe are pretty good on the championship games.

The rest , as others have pointed out, are garbage, spouting the usual cliched rubbish.

I have watched bt final score a bit this season and as annoying as most of them are, the woman on it, is a damn fine fine looking lady.
Hinchcliffe was co commentator for the Burnley game the other week, shockingly biased towards Burnley.
Can we bring back Barry Davies ?

A shout-out for Andy "If-That-Had-Gone-In-It-Would-Have-Been-A Goal" Townsend
"Spotters Badge, Clive. He's looked up early doors, seen the fella at the back stick and tried to clip it over the centre half onto his head. Unfortunatley the lad there has to do better, as from no more than a yard out hes managed to put it over the bar"

I cant find a clip with the british commentary, but "Wor" Kevin Keegan should never have been allowed near a microphone again after his sterling work in USA 94.

Brazil v USA, and about 40 mins in Leonardo and Tab Ramos get involved in a bit of a tangle near the touchline. Ramos gives Leonardos shirt a slight tug, so Leonardo decides the appropriate reaction is to remove Ramos head with his elbow. Over rushes the ref, waving the red card.

please note, I am paraphrasing for the exchange below

Wor Kev "thats a bit harsh. not sure thats a red"
Alan "usually as neutral as it gets" Parry : "WTF? are you mental? did you look at the replay? He's twatted his fucking head into next week"
Wor Kev "Its not that bad"
Parry "Fuck off with your stupid Curly perm"

I accept that time may have confused my memory of the actual conversation, but Parry ( a man thats so neutral he thinks magnolia paint is a bit racey) rowed with him on air about it. and Wor Kev, the Geordie Messiah, just kept digging , making the hole deeper and deeper. (a bit like the rest of the geordie nation when it comes to Saudi take overs)

for your entertainment, this is what Wor Kev thought was kinda mild....

I cant find a clip with the british commentary, but "Wor" Kevin Keegan should never have been allowed near a microphone again after his sterling work in USA 94.

Brazil v USA, and about 40 mins in Leonardo and Tab Ramos get involved in a bit of a tangle near the touchline. Ramos gives Leonardos shirt a slight tug, so Leonardo decides the appropriate reaction is to remove Ramos head with his elbow. Over rushes the ref, waving the red card.

please note, I am paraphrasing for the exchange below

Wor Kev "thats a bit harsh. not sure thats a red"
Alan "usually as neutral as it gets" Parry : "WTF? are you mental? did you look at the replay? He's twatted his fucking head into next week"
Wor Kev "Its not that bad"
Parry "Fuck off with your stupid Curly perm"

I accept that time may have confused my memory of the actual conversation, but Parry ( a man thats so neutral he thinks magnolia paint is a bit racey) rowed with him on air about it. and Wor Kev, the Geordie Messiah, just kept digging , making the hole deeper and deeper. (a bit like the rest of the geordie nation when it comes to Saudi take overs)

for your entertainment, this is what Wor Kev thought was kinda mild....

“A very stupid elbow “ from the Yank commentator
Lmfao
On the average High St he would have got 18 months for that!

Most are terrible but the worst thing that ever happened is when BT try to spice things up and have 2 co-comms for some games. Why have one twat when you can have two 🤮

Thankfully he hasn't been on since he got the Scotland job but Alex McCleish used to commentate on the odd europa league game. You couldn't possibly get a more boring unenthusiastic pointless commentator if you tired. He was absolutely dreadful.

Thankfully he hasn't been on since he got the Scotland job but Alex McCleish used to commentate on the odd europa league game. You couldn't possibly get a more boring unenthusiastic pointless commentator if you tired. He was absolutely dreadful.
Big Eck!

I have a theory. The whole world knows that we are probably the most beautiful football club on the planet, but commentators & pundits need to be seen to be impartial, so, subconsciously they overcompensate for their admiration (indeed LOVE and ADMIRATION) for The Spurs, either by making harsh, unfair and often ridiculous comments, or simply ignoring us altogether. It's a form of flattery.

Yes, they're all in denial. Pity them.

Edit - except Dixon - he's a cunt.

I have a theory. The whole world knows that we are probably the most beautiful football club on the planet, but commentators & pundits need to be seen to be impartial, so, subconsciously they overcompensate for their admiration (indeed LOVE and ADMIRATION) for The Spurs, either by making harsh, unfair and often ridiculous comments, or simply ignoring us altogether. It's a form of flattery.

Yes, they're all in denial. Pity them.

Edit - except Dixon - he's a cunt.
It isn’t Chubbs, it’s the lack of trophies. We don’t win anything, so why do we expect people to be nice to us?

We are the only big club not to win anything. That’s why they troll us. Come on, even our own supporters slag us off. The phrase ‘flatter to deceive’ could have been invented for us. We’ll do exactly the same this season.

Have a good weekend.

Last edited:
It isn’t Chubbs, it’s the lack of trophies. We don’t win anything, so why do we expect people to be nice to us?

We are the only big club not to win anything. That’s why they troll us. Come on, even our own supporters slag us off. The phrase ‘flatter to deceive’ could have been invented for us. We’ll do exactly the same this season.

Have a good weekend.
Make the most of the capital C. It's going today.

Back
Top Bottom