Would you change anything about how the forum is run?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How about encouraging positive production? As opposed to a section where people who moan go, have a section for people who deserve to post there.

To use this section, you have to be seen as being a valued contributor. It may well encourage other users to follow suit and tone their behaviour to access such a section.

It would give users who are looking to debate something, a place to actually do so without a barrage of interruptions.

There should be a monthly vote for the following:

Cunt of the month
Cunt of the month runner up
Best poster of the month

Who ever is voted should have the phrase below their avatar so people can see who has been a cunt this month and ignore them and who has actually had some decent input.
Could we not just save time and ask Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever to put 'Cunt of the Month' below his avatar?

Only joking Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever , you're not a cunt - just a miserable old sod :adethumbup:

How about encouraging positive production? As opposed to a section where people who moan go, have a section for people who deserve to post there.

To use this section, you have to be seen as being a valued contributor. It may well encourage other users to follow suit and tone their behaviour to access such a section.

It would give users who are looking to debate something, a place to actually do so without a barrage of interruptions.

laughing.gif

been a long time viewer of TFC forums but signed up today finally. I've decided Id just prefer to be a guest and want to delete my account. is that possible?

How dare you use your one day of activity to disagree with 6 of my posts. You fat cunt - you've got an enemy for life here pal. I suggest you become a guest quickly before you taste my wrath.

Any chance of making Streamable.com links easier to add to the forum (probably through the Media option). Not sure how much control you get on aspects like that, but I can't imagine we'd be the first users of this software to request it as this format seems to be getting more and more popular.

Plus then I can properly link van Persie's O.G. from the other night in every tenuously linked thread for those sweet, sweet, Funny ratings.

Any chance of making Streamable.com links easier to add to the forum (probably through the Media option). Not sure how much control you get on aspects like that, but I can't imagine we'd be the first users of this software to request it as this format seems to be getting more and more popular.

Plus then I can properly link van Persie's O.G. from the other night in every tenuously linked thread for those sweet, sweet, Funny ratings.

Yep, just post the link now. eg...

Code:
https://streamable.com/z2ns

I find it difficult following the conversations...too many pages and replies out of sync with the source of the conversation....unless a conversation
starts and ends on the same page trying to sort out what went before becomes tiresome.
I actually find the layout discourages discussion.
Replies could follow (added to) the original conversation and should not, therefore, require a reference quote.
If a poster feels he has something important to say and wants to 'reinvigorate' the conversation then provide a 'quote' button so that he or she's
post then becomes the latest.

I find it difficult following the conversations...too many pages and replies out of sync with the source of the conversation....unless a conversation
starts and ends on the same page trying to sort out what went before becomes tiresome.
Replies could follow (added to) the original conversation and should not, therefore, require a reference quote.
If a poster feels he has something important to say and wants to 'reinvigorate' the conversation then provide a 'quote' button so that he or she's
Like every other dog shit forum going?

images

Only 4 or 5 people are responsible for 95% of the drivel and toxic madness on this forum. Somewhere after this - their 75th strike - I'd finally call them "out."

Only 4 or 5 people are responsible for 95% of the drivel and toxic madness on this forum. Somewhere after this - their 75th strike - I'd finally call them "out."
And who exactly are YOU to be the judge on that? Oh, that's right - just another self-righteous, deluded wanker who's no different to the people he's calling 'trolls'. The ironing ...

Terrible idea. It looks so bad. I really can't see how hard it is to follow a conversation.

Oh well.
The layout of TonyB's reply above is a case in point Joe.
Why the necessity to repeat what I said on the very next post when a simple 'attachment' to my post would have sufficed?
Would it not save space on the server and also allow for more posts on a page?

Sorry but that's a terrible idea. No thanks!

Back
Top Bottom