Would you consider not supporting us if.....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AberdeenYid

I'm very rarely proud of myself
Seeing the behaviour tonight of Klopp and his previous of being, well, just a cunt, it got me thinking what it would take to make me question if I should continue supporting Spurs.

Having him in as manager would give me grave concerns. Just despise the man. Even when Wenger was in his pomp and Jose was being an arsehole at Chelsea, I still had a grudging respect and a source of amusement respectively. Klopp just strikes me as a vile person and a complete child. I think seeing Steven Gerrard as our manager would have a similar effect on me.

Signing Luis Suarez would be another for me too.

Think I’d have stuck it out if we’d moved to the Olympic waste ground, but understand others may not have. I’m sure the “wrong kind” of owner would also have many running for a season ticket to Orient.

What would do it for you?

I'll always support them. Players, managers, come and go. It's been part of my DNA since I was 6 so just can't envisage anything that would stop me supporting the team, even if Judas was in charge!

Getting sold to a state just to boost their image (like PSG or City), wouldn't make me not support the club, but I wouldn't be as invested, and I wouldn't take pride in any achievements.

Klopp is just such a sore loser, this type of shit is a pattern with him. He gets away with it because he’s got a bit of personality when things are going well.

I don’t think any player or manager could lead to me not supporting us because they come and go with such frequency.

The thing that would do it for me would be a really vile owner or ownership group. For example, I would have had a pretty tough time with the Saudi government taking us over like almost happened with Newcastle. Having to view everything a foreign government does through the lens of my football club would be deeply unpleasant, they just shouldn’t mix.

Quite like Klopp to be honest. I must admit that I really didn’t like Moutinho but I’ve accepted reality and I’d do the same for Klopp too.

I would consider quitting on Spurs and by that I mean the PL if we get sold to some morally dodgy owner like Abromovich or Abu Dhabi.

The latter especially because they’ve chated FFP rules.

I'll always support them. Players, managers, come and go. It's been part of my DNA since I was 6 so just can't envisage anything that would stop me supporting the team, even if Judas was in charge!
Christ, I actually forgot about him. Probably just seems the most unlikely thing to ever happen that it didn’t cross my radar.

Like you, I almost certainly couldn’t stop supporting us, but the few things mentioned would make me question it and longer term have little enjoyment for it.

If Jose won us over Klopp would have no issues doing so. It's completely laughable to think otherwise.

Jose has history being a cunt and being a cunt towards us.
Coined bus parking term against us.
Mocked Willian transfer steal.
All the anti football and cynical fouling against us.
All round Chav legend who spent his way to the league.

Eye poking Tito.
Verbal abuse to chelsea physio.
Being a moany cunt at past clubs, blaming everything and everyone.

List goes on. Klopp is annoying (I think he's a try-hard gurning cunt) but nothing on that level.

If Klopp had us playing well with that style we would all be lapping his antics up. Much like we are now with Jose and his antics.

If we sell Kane or Tanguy I'm out though.

If we became oil money cunts or something similar I agree with the people saying they'd follow but not enjoy as much.
I'd probably fist bump in situations which would previously have warranted scenes.

I'd pretend to care a bit just to annoy rival fans. In an Mbappecrying.gif sort of way.

Can't imagine not supporting Spurs. If I didn't like the way it was being run I'd join the rebellion to help make our voice heard. Contribute to towards getting a plane to spell 'fuck off' or something.

Moving to Stratford caused me a lot of concerns.

I vowed I would never go again, not sure if I could ever stop Spurs being my team but a huge part of me would have been missing.

Quite like Klopp even though he can be a big baby when he loses. Would love him as our coach, he's top class.

Would take a lot for me to stop supporting the club. A dubious character being employed wouldn't do it. A decade of Burnley-like football and no attempt to change would dull my enthusiasm.

Maybe if there was an uncovering of institutional pedophilia or something like that.

Seeing the behaviour tonight of Klopp and his previous of being, well, just a cunt, it got me thinking what it would take to make me question if I should continue supporting Spurs.

Having him in as manager would give me grave concerns. Just despise the man. Even when Wenger was in his pomp and Jose was being an arsehole at Chelsea, I still had a grudging respect and a source of amusement respectively. Klopp just strikes me as a vile person and a complete child. I think seeing Steven Gerrard as our manager would have a similar effect on me.

Signing Luis Suarez would be another for me too.

Think I’d have stuck it out if we’d moved to the Olympic waste ground, but understand others may not have. I’m sure the “wrong kind” of owner would also have many running for a season ticket to Orient.

What would do it for you?
Klopp is a great manager. He can be a twat but he plays to his fans, knows what they want, so hes a product of the club really. I dont have any great problem with him really, and he is temporary but the club overall is full of entitled wankstains.

the fabric of the club is what defines it. Id stop supporting spurs if that was irretrievably changed.

Virtually nothing. I supported us during the '90s when we were mediocre/shite with board room issues. The only things that would drive me away, respectively a) really dodgy owners - all billionaires are a bit shady IMHO but I mean being owned/controlled by someone truly evil, or b) something that really destroyed the clubs identity, like a name change or change of colours.

Sorry Klopp - this year was always going to be the year to have a big squad and rotate your starting 11. They’ve pretty much gone 2 seasons without any major injuries, so shit happens.

Moving to the London stadium would of been heart breaking. I would of given up my season ticket but I would still support them. I still be a spurs man. I would just of fallen out of love with the game.. its why the protest were so heartening. Levy knew there would of been a huge price to pay and if we were in West ham shoes he'd never been forgiven.

Being taken over by a petrol state would also affect my love of the club but I could never not be a spurs man.

Back
Top Bottom