Would you consider not supporting us if.....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we ended up going down the road of City, PSG, Chavs buying trophies and signing greedy little mercenaries who have absolutely no interest in Tottenham Hotspur and the history of the club......I know we all want trophies & success but I’d rather do what we’re doing and have done for the past decade or so and try and win honestly and win because we deserved to win. I’d sooner win one cup like that than ten bought.........in saying that I’d still support the club but would certainly take no pride in it.

Klopp is just such a sore loser, this type of shit is a pattern with him. He gets away with it because he’s got a bit of personality when things are going well.

I don’t think any player or manager could lead to me not supporting us because they come and go with such frequency.

The thing that would do it for me would be a really vile owner or ownership group. For example, I would have had a pretty tough time with the Saudi government taking us over like almost happened with Newcastle. Having to view everything a foreign government does through the lens of my football club would be deeply unpleasant, they just shouldn’t mix.

Quite like Klopp even though he can be a big baby when he loses. Would love him as our coach, he's top class.

Would take a lot for me to stop supporting the club. A dubious character being employed wouldn't do it. A decade of Burnley-like football and no attempt to change would dull my enthusiasm.

Maybe if there was an uncovering of institutional pedophilia or something like that.

Cunt didn't even lose yet look at the state of him....

Similarly, rewind to their game away to the Spammers 2 seasons ago and they were gifted a win thanks to a series of some of the worst decisions of all time. Again.... He was kicking off like this....

Can't stand the bloke and his fake 'everyman' persona.

If we ended up going down the road of City, PSG, Chavs buying trophies and signing greedy little mercenaries who have absolutely no interest in Tottenham Hotspur and the history of the club......I know we all want trophies & success but I’d rather do what we’re doing and have done for the past decade or so and try and win honestly and win because we deserved to win. I’d sooner win one cup like that than ten bought.........in saying that I’d still support the club but would certainly take no pride in it.
This x1000

What do these big spending clubs even prove when they win? Why do they celebrate? Oh well done... you brought all the premium players and won a trophy... who gives a fuck. Soulless.

Fucking pointless what if thread. Surely all fans here say they would support us no matter what....
Delete this fucking thread as it is nonsense. Might as well say would you still breath of there's no air? Fucking lowest common denominator red top worthy thread!

Fucking pointless what if thread. Surely all fans here say they would support us no matter what....
Delete this fucking thread as it is nonsense. Might as well say would you still breath of there's no air? Fucking lowest common denominator red top worthy thread!
Apparently not. And it was about questioning your support mainly. However, there’s a couple of replies suggesting the likes of Stratford might do it.

Good of you to reply to keep the thread alive though.

Seeing the behaviour tonight of Klopp and his previous of being, well, just a cunt, it got me thinking what it would take to make me question if I should continue supporting Spurs.

Having him in as manager would give me grave concerns. Just despise the man. Even when Wenger was in his pomp and Jose was being an arsehole at Chelsea, I still had a grudging respect and a source of amusement respectively. Klopp just strikes me as a vile person and a complete child. I think seeing Steven Gerrard as our manager would have a similar effect on me.

Signing Luis Suarez would be another for me too.

Think I’d have stuck it out if we’d moved to the Olympic waste ground, but understand others may not have. I’m sure the “wrong kind” of owner would also have many running for a season ticket to Orient.

What would do it for you?
I stuck it out with Graham, Gross, Terry Neill, Santini so I can stick it out with anyone!

*breathe

Unless we become MK Hotspurs then I'm not really that bothered about who plays for or manages us. I think if we can learn to love Mourinho then you can learn to love anyone.

As others have sort of said, if we did something that completely changes what we are like if we left the pyramid to join a European elite league then some of that love might be lost.

If Spurs just randomly dissolved one day then I probably wouldn't just go and support LO or Haringey Borough. Probably just become a neutral until an FC tottenham or something was formed. Apart from England in internationals, I don't support a team for any other sport so wouldn't know where to start with picking a team

- Taken over by murderers or gangsters.
- Becoming Stratford FC.

Both would take too much shine off of the club for me... I'd still probably retain my fondness for the club on the basis of what it has meant to me over the years, but pretty sure my pride and passion would be significantly eroded.

EDIT: Also see 'Red Bull Hotspur'.

Last edited:
Was well aggressive for a Saturday night when we haven’t been beaten.
You are in your local, in walks Gemma Arterton. Your eyes meet and it is electric. You get to chatting and one thing leads to another. A week later she says that you are the one and only, she will spend her life with you but she hates football. You have to give up Spurs. What do you do then?

You don’t have to love the manager or owners to be loudly and proudly Spurs. Fuck me, most of the 90s was like that. And we were shit. But we kept on turning up.

You are in your local, in walks Gemma Arterton. Your eyes meet and it is electric. You get to chatting and one thing leads to another. A week later she says that you are the one and only, she will spend her life with you but she hates football. You have to give up Spurs. What do you do then?

Only one Tottenham Hotspur. Thousands of gorgeous women. No brainer.

The first thing I’d do is Google who she is. Then I’d shrug and start singing Being A Yid.

Back
Top Bottom