Would you willing to boycott in protest against Enic for the first twenty minutes of the first home game next season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Boycott the first twenty minutes of the first home match next season?

• Yes

Votes: 37 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 30.2%

• Total voters
I would support a 20 minute walk out. That would make more of a public impact IMHO. I’d also have a better chance of a seat on the train home.

:wansum:

I have a feeling that Levy would be about as receptive to being asked to leave Spurs as Mike Ashley is to leave Newcastle - possibly even less so, which is why my protest will involve swirling my trousers around my head.

Hi all.

I am setting up a poll to see if people would be interested in boycotting the first twenty minutes of the first home game next season to show their displeasure against Levy and Enic. This is because of the lack of ambition or any plan that they have shown in their twenty year ownership of Spurs.

The fact that they approached Pochettino and Conte just so they could renew a few hundred extra season tickets. The fact that our best player wants to leave because we do not match his ambition.

Its a pickle, the ultimate protest is to simply not show up, no protest, nothing just don't attend the matches, don't buy the kit, don't spend a penny on the club. But then what kind of supporters do we look?

Fans are on a hiding to nothing and ultimately what is your protest for? Levy out? He is a part owner... ENIC out, post COVID who is going to by us and the debt we have?

The problem seems to be that too many of our supporters believe that no matter what they do, nothing will change so getting 100% take up seems impossible.

So they just accept it, look at the defeatist responses in every thread suggesting action.

"We can't do anything" "They won't listen" "We just have to accept it"

It's bollocks quite frankly, we shouldn't accept it and as supporters we DO have the power to change things if, like you say, we all come together.

However, convincing everyone, including the defeatists, that we can make a change seems a very difficult task due to people being too afraid to challenge the current ownership.
Ok, playing devils advocate.

You've spent over £1,000 for your season ticket, yet you are deciding to miss the first 20 mins of each match you go to. Who misses out? You or Levy? Who are you punishing? The fans/players or Levy?

I get the sentiment behind this 'call to arms' by the OP, I just think the people that will suffer/care are the fans.

Personally, I think Crispin is on the right track by boycotting branded goods, etc. I won't be buying merchandise from the club shops for example.

Its a pickle, the ultimate protest is to simply not show up, no protest, nothing just don't attend the matches, don't buy the kit, don't spend a penny on the club. But then what kind of supporters do we look?

Fans are on a hiding to nothing and ultimately what is your protest for? Levy out? He is a part owner... ENIC out, post COVID who is going to by us and the debt we have?

Boycotts don’t work as other fans just take their place and football now is global so most cash comes from TV rights. The only current way is protest, Liverpool fans made life very uncomfortable for their former owners, United have done the same but ultimately we are limited in what can be done as Joe Lewis shows no interest in holding his chairman to account so.

The ultimate outcome is getting Levy out as our chairman or at least showing him that we won't put up with the penny pinching anymore and forcing his hand to make us truly competitive.

If they aren't capable of doing that then they need to sell to someone who will make us competitive.

Our fans just seem to be happy with the lot we are given, the stadium seems to be enough to placate them, the results on the pitch seem to mean fuck all.
I hear your frustration I do, but if we get Levy out as chairman he will still be the owner, he will still call the shots. Who is going to pay the money needed to buy us with £850m of debt in this environment? Your only hope is an oligarch or a Saudi regime and honestly I think those boats have sailed.

“So levy you will never guess what the stadium is empty and the game has already kicked off”
“Where is everyone ? “
“They are all In the ground drinking beer waiting for the 20th minute to come out to protest against Enic “
“Free beer ? “
“No, paid for beer “
:levylol:

It’s a unknown fact that the pie and pint for a fiver is actually a break even item for levy , he just uses this deal to lure people into the stadium and once the deal has run out they end up spending more money on food and drink so he makes a profit , so my proposal is we go in early , and order as many pies and pints for £5 as we can manage , once the offer ends we don’t spend a single penny more in the stadium! :angryscouser:
If the Villa game is anything to go by, the pie & a pint deal is gone and so is the fiver a pint.

Wave scarves of one of the old club colours? (obvs not the 1890-96 one).

old-kit.jpg

Back
Top Bottom