Wycombe Wanderers vs Tottenham Hotspur | FA Cup 4th Round | Monday 25 Jan, KO: 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Equally hard game. Would of been a lot easier had we taken our multiple first half chances though.

I thought we played well. Good to see others on the score sheet apart from son and Kane.
Yeah first half they was in the game but in the second was just a matter of time, best Bale performance since he's return (looked up for it )

Wycombe manager

3391.jpg
I really did LOL.
Nice one.

Was happy with that display. Even at 1-0 I wasn't stressing as we were playing well and creating. Lacked that killer edge tonight but on another day we are 2-0 at HT and win that comfortably.
Now onto Thurs....

That first half was super frustrating. It reminded me so much of many a game during Pochettino's last year and a half - two years, where we did not take "lesser" opponents seriously and ended up making it much harder for us than it had to be.

Bale getting one in the net just before half time was probably a big morale booster that was needed. And the second half was all us and the result ended up being enjoyable. But there have been many a time where we have huffed and puffed like the Big Bad Wolf until the 90th minute to get a winner in games like this previously. It was an enjoyable evening at the end of it but it is a bit worrying that our second string keeps treating the starts that they do get like training games. In the first half it was only really Ben and Vinicius who looked bothered about winning, and Carlos kept running offside.

Also. Credit to Wycombe. They came here to make us work for it and they did.

Lamela gives too many free-kicks away to relieve pressure for them.Davies is good in a back three but in a 4 slows down the attacking play.Thought Winks was poor although his goal was supreme.Sanchez frightens me to death.Ndembele is now looking to be a class act.Bale showed glimpses.Any reason why he cannot play on the left?

That first half was super frustrating. It reminded me so much of many a game during Pochettino's last year and a half - two years, where we did not take "lesser" opponents seriously and ended up making it much harder for us than it had to be.

Bale getting one in the net just before half time was probably a big morale booster that was needed. And the second half was all us and the result ended up being enjoyable. But there have been many a time where we have huffed and puffed like the Big Bad Wolf until the 90th minute to get a winner in games like this previously. It was an enjoyable evening at the end of it but it is a bit worrying that our second string keeps treating the starts that they do get like training games. In the first half it was only really Ben and Vinicius who looked bothered about winning, and Carlos kept running offside.

Also. Credit to Wycombe. They came here to make us work for it and they did.
they were at home
we came there, so to speak...

Lamela gives too many free-kicks away to relieve pressure for them.Davies is good in a back three but in a 4 slows down the attacking play.Thought Winks was poor although his goal was supreme.Sanchez frightens me to death.Ndembele is now looking to be a class act.Bale showed glimpses.Any reason why he cannot play on the left?
idiot

Back
Top Bottom