Yid no more

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed, I now won't sing any Yid stuff any more, but if others want to, fine, that's their right.

As I say I don't go to away games anymore, so the attacks won't directly affect me. If people want to identify a non-Jewish club as Jewish and attract the sort of flak and attacks that will bring, that's their right to do so.

That is your right, brother. (Or sister.)

I like how the original post was made at 2:02 PM and he was last online at 2:02 PM.

BOOM! Drop this shit on y'all and bounce...

They attacked us, planned it, because we have a Jewish connection that will never go away and not because of the Y word.
I mentioned in the Lyon thread and I'll say it again here.

There is absolutely no coincidence that, after nearly a decade of being back in European competition with no ill events to speak of, we have now been targetted for two games in succession after Peter Herbert has dragged our Jewish roots to the forefront of his crusade of self-promotion.

The guy now has blood on his hands in my opinion. Apart from the antics of West Ham and Chelsea, I honestly believe that our past had been all but forgotten for most non-Spurs. But this odious little tit has dragged it bombastically into the public domain, and this is the consequence.

If it was anything to do with us using the Y word, then this would have happened alredy in Milan, or Madrid, or Kazan, or any other number of cities.

So are are people really saying that Hoddle wasn't really born the King of White Hart Lane? Just Harlow in Essex?

As for the subject at hand - I am proud to call myself a Yid. Always have been always will be.

WookieD WookieD Peter Herbert gets a lot of time in the Italian and French media does he? More likely the first one was random timing and the second one was connected to the first. Seriously, Peter Herbert had a day on telly then disappeared.

The whole Yid thing has had me a little uncomfortable for a little while, and I've thought that glorifying a fake jewishness for our own entertainment is a bit dodgy, but these attacks have made me want to keep the association more than anything. It's like: yes the whole thing is kind of misguided, but if someone attacked me for being Jewish, I would hope that my first reaction wasn't "I'm not really Jewish, i just sing the songs, please leave me alone", I'd hope it was "fuck you I'm Jewish and proud you backward nazi bastard."

WookieD WookieD Peter Herbert gets a lot of time in the Italian and French media does he? More likely the first one was random timing and the second one was connected to the first. Seriously, Peter Herbert had a day on telly then disappeared.
He has had a lot more than "a day on the telly", he insisted on our club being investigated by the police and was quoted daily whilst the Met tried to figure out what they were or were not meant to be doing.

His timing often coincides with a maximum amount of news streams following his chosen victim of the time, so yes, I think foreign news streams can pick up on the story or a club and its fans being reported to the police for supposed racism. In the same way that we hear about corruption in Italian clubs, killings on a pitch in Egypt, or a stampede in a stadium in Ivory Coast. This is the big wide world and news is reported incessantly.

He did a lot of good a long time ago, his ego is causing him to do damage now in a field he has no business in.

Back
Top Bottom