Yid no more

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So are are people really saying that Hoddle wasn't really born the King of White Hart Lane? Just Harlow in Essex?

As for the subject at hand - I am proud to call myself a Yid. Always have been always will be.
Actually Hod wasn't born in Harlow, he grew up there, but he was born in Hayes. He wasn't Jewish either, or born in a stable. :)

Okay the stable bit is guesswork on my part.:thumbup:

He has had a lot more than "a day on the telly", he insisted on our club being investigated by the police and was quoted daily whilst the Met tried to figure out what they were or were not meant to be doing.

His timing often coincides with a maximum amount of news streams following his chosen victim of the time, so yes, I think foreign news streams can pick up on the story or a club and its fans being reported to the police for supposed racism. In the same way that we hear about corruption in Italian clubs, killings on a pitch in Egypt, or a stampede in a stadium in Ivory Coast. This is the big wide world and news is reported incessantly.

He did a lot of good a long time ago, his ego is causing him to do damage now in a field he has no business in.

It's a huge stretch to say he's got blood on his hands - even if he was covered by the European press (Can anyone in Italy or France say how much coverage he got?). Didn't I hear nearer the time that the nazis in Rome had an agreement with a group associated to Millwall or west ham? These neo-nazi groups talk to each other, so isn't it more likely that it's just something known among the far right that spurs are a Jewish club. You're just picking the thing that's visible, and annoying, to you and making a story to fit that.

It's a huge stretch to say he's got blood on his hands - even if he was covered by the European press (Can anyone in Italy or France say how much coverage he got?). Didn't I hear nearer the time that the nazis in Rome had an agreement with a group associated to Millwall or west ham? These neo-nazi groups talk to each other, so isn't it more likely that it's just something known among the far right that spurs are a Jewish club. You're just picking the thing that's visible, and annoying, to you and making a story to fit that.
Absolutely not, I think he has been playing a dangerous and wreckless game since day one and have said as much previously. His entire tack will create more divide than it bridges.

Are we going to blame last night on Millwall and West Ham ultras as well? When was the last racially motivated attack on Spurs fans in the UK?

He used our club as a soap box, in much the same way as he did with the Ferdinands, adding absolutely nothing of any worth, and worse, threatening to undo the work of Kick It Out in the case of the Ferdinands and in our case, he has highlighted to the world media, who have in turn highlighted to their domestic markets a part of our history which was becoming just that, history.

At best he is a wreckless, self-promoting egotist.

Yes I do, and you haven't read my posts have you?
tumblr_mgozbhtqap1qhnoxno1_500.gif

There are some good reasons to not use 'Yid'.

Peter Herbert and Neo Nazis are not good reasons. If our fans decide the word is offensive and outdated then we have to lose it. I am not a fan of it but I'm not on here to lecture anyone.

Greaves_357 Greaves_357 , I would hold your argument in higher esteem if you hadn't posted that you thought Jewish was a nationality. Presumably, you probably thought that Jews came from Jewland? Jewkistan? Jewzerbaijan?

Anyway, each to their own. I obviously like the word Yid. I like the fact it's a collective description of our fans and its much better than Gooners for Woolwich or Cunts for Chelsea.

If you don't like it, don't use it.

I don't think people labelling themselves as "Yids" or any other minority group are anymore to take responsibility for getting assaulted than an innocent woman wearing a shortish skirt is for getting raped.

That logic is twisted, sick and a complete bailout for the people commiting violence against others.

I cannot and will not accept that premise of life. Ever.

bloke on twitter who has very good & trustworthy sources when it comes to fans and trouble said it was Lyon ultras & not a racist attack. Apparently the nazi salutes were to bait Spurs fans into having it out with them. Just a shame they picked on a pub with scarfers in.

If you look at our crowd on any given home match that stat holds true.

There is a massive African population in Tottenham now but when you go on match days and look in the barber shops or bookies they have Woolwich posters and wear scum shirts.

This used to be quite common 5-10 years ago. Happy to say I see a lot more Spurs related stuff in local shops these days, and not so much red anymore.

Back
Top Bottom