Your personal favourite NON-Spurs players you wished had played for us....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Right, I KNOW this is a 'close-season' thread, but FA Cup 3rd round weekend got me all nostalgic...

Just interested in hearing which players from other clubs you wished (secretly, or otherwise) had played for Spurs...?

They don't necessarily have to be the best player (we'd all have taken Pelé, Ronaldo or Messi, eh?)
But players you just LIKED, or had a soft spot for, and wished we'd signed...

I'm gonna start the ball rolling with an obvious one; Matt Le Tissier, my guilty secret; Jimmy Bullard, and... brace yourselves; Dennis Bergkamp (yes you heard) ...and just for pure comedy value; Sergei Rebrov... b'boom

....any others out there????

No right or wrong answers... it ain't a quiz or a poll... just interested.

Let the games/cunt offs begin!

Tomas Brolin, in his glory days. Before the terrible injury when he broke his foot. And came to England and was crap.

As a Belgian, Kevin De Bruyne for me is the smartest midfielder out there. If you ever want to build a team around a player, it should be him. Funny story: when he got to train with the first team of Genk (at age 15 maybe) he ranted against thé star player of the first team that he didn't put enough effort in.

If you are talking about nostalgia I always wanted Gabriel Batistuta to play for us.

I remember watching football italia as a kid every Sunday morning thinking if only he played for us.
He was a complete centre forward.

Left foot, right foot finishing. Heading. Finesse and brute force.

Apart from Roberto Carlos, I've never seen a player hit the ball as hard as Batistuta.

Stuart Pearce, Eddie Grey, Paolo Maldini, Roberto Baggio, Frank Worthington, Tony Currie, George Best, Rodney Marsh, off the top of my head.
I always wanted the lovely Daveed to play for us and was absolutely delighted when it came about.

e50df121652b1ec4d195a27e67b6c1d4.png

Any twat who can score direct free kicks would tick a box for me at the moment.

Grew up watching hoddle then Gascoigne. Would practise taking free kicks for hours to emulate them.

So have to say Beckham to complete that trilogy of English free kick takers.

Back
Top Bottom