You're The DOF

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I haven't watched them since their 0-0 draw with BVB. Which of their players are you keen on?

I would only want the two CBs, Ozan Kabak and Jean-Claire Todibo (Barca owned), at Spurs. At 19 and 20 years of age they'll come good.

Another one who could come close is CM, Suat Serdar. I do like him but at the same time it feels like he's missing something. Maybe a bit of physique.

They've got three other decent midfielders in Amine Harit, Omar Mascarell and Weston McKennie.

Salif Sane (CB) is funny to watch, cos like Yerry Mina he's got some magnet in his forehead, which makes him a threat on attacking set-pieces.

Last one I'll mention is reliable LB, Bastian Oczipka. He can whack in a cross. 31 years of age he's probably seen his best days.

Here's the 2019-20 current squad and the home grown rules explained(? :rolleyes: )

EPLECL
NON-HOME GROWN (15)NON-HOME GROWN (17)
1LLORISLLORIS1
2GAZZANIGAGAZZANIGA2
3VORMVORM3
4AURIERAURIER4
5ALDERWEIRELDALDERWEIRELD5
6VERTONGHENVERTONGHEN6
7SANCHEZSANCHEZ7
8DIERDIER8
9SISSOKOSISSOKO9
10NDOMBELENDOMBELE10
11LAMELALAMELA11
12LO CELSOLO CELSO12
13BERGWIJNBERGWIJN13
14MOURAMOURA14
15SONSON15
GEDSON16
DAVIES17
HOME GROWN (HG) HOMEGROWN (HG)
ASSOCIATION (2)
1ALLIALLI1
2DAVIES
SESSEGNON2
CLUB TRAINED (2)
3WINKSWINKS1
4KANEKANE2
SQUAD TOTAL: 19SQUAD TOTAL: 21
EPLECL
SQUAD OF 25SQUAD OF 25
MAX 17 NON-HGMAX 17 NON-HG
IF 17 NON-HGIF 17 NON-HG
MAX 8 HGMAX 8 HG
(MAX 4 ASSOCIATION)
U 21 ON 1ST JAN IN YEAR SEASON STARTS
EPLECL
(UNDER 21)LIST B (UNDER 21)
No restrictionsWith Spurs 2 years
"B" List
WHITEMAN Alfie
FOYTH Juan
TANGANGA Japhet
Walcott, Malachi
Cirkin, Dennis
SKIPP Oliver
Bowden, Jamie
White, Harvey
Bennett, J’Neil
Parrott, Troy

Last edited:
As per the list above we are maxed out non-HG players available for Euro squad next season (17) but in theory we could add 2 more non-HG players to our EPL squad (15).

Foyth is currently Under 21 for EPL and ECL. I know Spursidol Spursidol disagrees but as I understand the rules Foyth becomes home grown for both EPL and ECL next season.

Assuming C-19 problems can be overcome then IMO the following non-HG players will leave:
Vorm, Aurier, Sanchez, Ndombele.
Others such as Lloris or Gazza, Verts, Lamela, Sissoko may leave but if they all leave that would be too much of an upheaval.
So I reckon 5 in. GK, RB, LB (Verts/Davies type versatility very desirable)and two midfielders.

As per the list above we are maxed out non-HG players available for Euro squad next season (17) but in theory we could add 2 more non-HG players to our EPL squad (15).

Foyth is currently Under 21 for EPL and ECL. I know Spursidol Spursidol disagrees but as I understand the rules Foyth becomes home grown for both EPL and ECL next season.

Rules seem to say he needs to have been at Spurs for 3 years before the age of 21 to qualify as a home grown player.

He was born on 12 January 1998, so became 21 on 12 January 2019, but joined in August 2017 so 3 years at Spurs is August 2020, after the date he becomes 21. So I don't think he can ever become 'home grown' - at least that's my understanding of the rules.

Another one who could come close is CM, Suat Serdar. I do like him but at the same time it feels like he's missing something. Maybe a bit of physique.
He caught my eye earlier in the season when Schalke beat RBL in Leipzig. I am having a jolly good look at him now in the reverse fixture, and what I will say is that he makes me want to throw dinner plates at a wall. Doesn't want the ball under pressure, so he is of no little to no use with respect to build-up play. And when he gets it, his lack of imagination/vision is another negative. His attitude towards the defensive side of the game is nothing short of disgraceful; scandalous lack of urgency and positional sense. His best moments tend to come during attacking transitions, where he will occasionally do something constructive. On the basis of everything that I have seen of him, I would say that games largely pass him by. He is handsome, however. I know all of that probably sounds harsh, but I only want the best for my club. Houssem Aouar, please.

I'd start with a couple of rotating casual assistants that tick a few boxes, one stays in the office taking dicktation and the other's for on the road duties.

I'd start with a couple of rotating casual assistants that tick a few boxes, one stays in the office taking dicktation and the other's for on the road duties.

tumblr_ovgue1Dki01v96plzo1_500.gif

He caught my eye earlier in the season when Schalke beat RBL in Leipzig. I am having a jolly good look at him now in the reverse fixture, and what I will say is that he makes me want to throw dinner plates at a wall. Doesn't want the ball under pressure, so he is of no little to no use with respect to build-up play. And when he gets it, his lack of imagination/vision is another negative. His attitude towards the defensive side of the game is nothing short of disgraceful; scandalous lack of urgency and positional sense. His best moments tend to come during attacking transitions, where he will occasionally do something constructive. On the basis of everything that I have seen of him, I would say that games largely pass him by. He is handsome, however. I know all of that probably sounds harsh, but I only want the best for my club. Houssem Aouar, please.

You know I've been a fan of Aouar for 3 years or so, but if there's a weakness in his game it's what he does without the ball, he can be a bit lightweight. And he's an absolute cast iron 8, who needs to play in a CM3, pretty pointless in a CM2.

I'd swap him for Winks and Sissoko yesterday but would he be right for Mourinho's 4231 ?

You know I've been a fan of Aouar for 3 years or so, but if there's a weakness in his game it's what he does without the ball, he can be a bit lightweight. And he's an absolute cast iron 8, who needs to play in a CM3, pretty pointless in a CM2.

I'd swap him for Winks and Sissoko yesterday but would he be right for Mourinho's 4231 ?
I have been like a flea in Levy's ear telling him to ditch Mourinho, and hire Nagelsmann. Just leave it with me.

I don't think he's particularly lightweight without the ball. Maybe you are confusing him with Serdar.

I have been like a flea in Levy's ear telling him to ditch Mourinho, and hire Nagelsmann. Just leave it with me.

I don't think he's particularly lightweight without the ball. Maybe you are confusing him with Serdar.

I am definitely not confusing him with Serdar.

I don't think Mourinho's going anywhere soon.

No. Nagelsmann.
Why is it that I've seen no team/moves proffered by you? I thought this was quite the good idea by BC to start this thread. Was really interested to see everyone's opinion put in stone here. Would have been interesting to see the insights of the typical "everything and every player is great" crowd but I guess we already know their insights...keep'em all.

Get to it Five! Then the rest of us can pick it apart.

The first thing I would do as DOF is pay for a big massive advertising sign that says “Top quality footballers required, fee to be paid will range from 60m to 120m with wages on offer around 200k per week, unfortunately as our scouts are complete shite we are asking you to come forward to us, thanks THFC DOF”

Why is it that I've seen no team/moves proffered by you? I thought this was quite the good idea by BC to start this thread. Was really interested to see everyone's opinion put in stone here. Would have been interesting to see the insights of the typical "everything and every player is great" crowd but I guess we already know their insights...keep'em all.

Get to it Five! Then the rest of us can pick it apart.
The fact of the matter is that I need to expand my database.

Watching Sabitzer closely, I see that he does not want to receive the ball under pressure. You know what that kind of thing does to me.

Back
Top Bottom