Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where does that rank against other #6's and more defensive 8's?

I dunno. Most 6’s aren’t very good at striking a ball either, that’s usually part of why they play the 6 role.

Rodri has taken 207 shots, 64 on target, 21 goals. Sarr has taken 34 shots, 13 on target, 3 goals. Rice has taken 187 shots, 53 on target, 16 goals.

There’s lots of variables to it and that’s a very crude way of assessing them anyway (depends what kind of shots they take) but I just don’t view it as a part of Bissouma’s game. I rarely see him hit a sweet one.

It’s fine, it’s near the bottom of the list of attributes I want from my 6.

I dunno. Most 6’s aren’t very good at striking a ball either, that’s usually part of why they play the 6 role.

Rodri has taken 207 shots, 64 on target, 21 goals. Sarr has taken 34 shots, 13 on target, 3 goals. Rice has taken 187 shots, 53 on target, 16 goals.

There’s lots of variables to it and that’s a very crude way of assessing them anyway (depends what kind of shots they take) but I just don’t view it as a part of Bissouma’s game. I rarely see him hit a sweet one.

It’s fine, it’s near the bottom of the list of attributes I want from my 6.

Yeah fair enough. Rodri is an anomaly really.

Dembele was insanely elite at a few aspects of the game which made up for his very big deficiencies when it came to creative passing or adding goals.

Bissouma is good, but not nearly as good at the stuff Dembele was great at. And unlike Sarr he doesn’t have the technical quality or even desire to get in to the box for goals or to create chances.

Ideally you want your 8 to be able to do this stuff. Again, Sarr is a really good player to mould in that role. I also don’t think there is a better 6 at the club & we would struggle to find one in the TM.

The way he was killing games at the beginning of the season is very transferable to #8. Without the weight on his shoulders of defensively anchoring the team we'd likely see more out of him in possession.......

His use if the ball is actually better than Dembele who was mostly about the dribble/shield/short pass.

That kind of hard to dispossess, line-breaker and the space it creates would probably be a big benefit to Maddison the way it was for Eriksen.

We need more from Maddison and I don't think it helps him coming so deep for the ball all the time.

Last edited:
.......if we are getting goals & asst. from our 4 main attacking players and our FBs then G/A from #8 become less important anyway.

So what are the stats for other #6's and how do they compare to Biss and Rodri?

It's fair to assume that Rodri's goal contributions are an outlier compared the vast majority of #6s.

At the very least if we're comparing Biss's output from #6 then it's fair to compare him to other #6s; not Rice & Sarr.

It's fair to assume that Rodri's goal contributions are an outlier compared the vast majority of #6s.

At the very least if we're comparing Biss's output from #6 then it's fair to compare him to other #6s; not Rice & Sarr.

It’s not output it’s shot to goal ratio. Bissouma has taken a decent number of shots with a very low return. Which suggests he’s just bad at striking a ball .. again, not a huge issue but part of why I wouldn’t want to push him further up to do that more.

It’s not output it’s shot to goal ratio. Bissouma has taken a decent number of shots with a very low return. Which suggests he’s just bad at striking a ball .. again, not a huge issue but part of why I wouldn’t want to push him further up to do that more.
Yep he hasn't shown any signs of being a goal threat.

You didn't post any such number for Biss.... Just Rodri, Sarr & Rice.

(One could argue shots taken falls loosely under 'output anyway'............... Does he shoot any more than other #6s? If so, is that perhaps due to him being allowed to push fwd than many others?)

You didn't post any such number for Biss.... Just Rodri, Sarr & Rice.

(One could argue shots taken falls loosely under 'output anyway'............... Does he shoot any more than other #6s? If so, is that perhaps due to him being allowed to push fwd than many others?)

Uh yeah I did, his numbers were further above. 131 shots, 3 goals. Which is a terrible ratio and suggests he’s not very good at it.

Also don’t even need stats for it. Watching him shoot you can see his technique isn’t good, it’s not something he thrives at.

Uh yeah I did, his numbers were further above. 131 shots, 3 goals.

My bad... I did double check but obv missed them.

He's not really shooting much for us; so not sure it really matters too much anyway in terms of his conversion rate.

Which is a terrible ratio and suggests he’s not very good at it.

Also don’t even need stats for it. Watching him shoot you can see his technique isn’t good, it’s not something he thrives at.

Point still stands. Doesn't mean he can't be a very effective #8.

My bad... I did double check but obv missed them.

He's not really shooting much for us; so not sure it really matters too much anyway in terms of his conversion rate.

Point still stands. Doesn't mean he can't be a very effective #8.

He had a few against West Ham. Wasn’t good. But anyway, wasn’t suggesting its an issue in current role. Might be one if he pushes further up.

He could be effective in some ways… if you play him 8 you have to drop one of Sarr or Maddison as neither can play 6. I don’t think it’s worth it for someone with an incomplete skill-set to play 8.

If we look to purchase a 6 in the window (wouldn’t be against this) then I still think Sarr is a better 8 anyway. With a lot more potential.

Back
Top Bottom