Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shots per goal for some DM's
Biss 45.0 (135 22 3) (career)
Rodri 9.8 (207 64 21) (career)
Rodri 5.6 (39 17 7) (2023/24)
Palhinha 6.2 (25 11 4) (2023/24)
Tchouameni 5.5 (11 4 2 5.5) (2023/24)
Palacios 4.7 (14 4 3) (2023/24)
Rice 3.8 (23 14 6) (2023/24)
Højbjerg 6.0 (24 9 4) (2022/23)
Tchouameni is a 6 or 8?

Rice and Hojberg are definitely 8's

Who is Palacios?

Amusing timing that The Athletic drop this today. Almost exactly the same time as your expert comment:

View: https://x.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1776897955464892699

He is along with VDV Vicario and Udogie are on the three man shortlist for our players of the season. People who still can't see it baffle me. I think he is an outsider for young player of the year behind the likes of Plamer and Fodden. Not sure what others see but that's cool its part of the fun.

I don't know, I feel he's still not fully fit, both mentally and physically. Suspensions, malaria, played so little in AFCON, not selected for national squad after that, all these etc. He needs focus. But I personally don't have patience for him. He has more than enough game time to prove himself.

Way too passive for a DM, we need a 6

We are so open on the counter. Our front three are fucking hopeless defensively, as are our FB’s.

I genuinely don’t see what another 6 is going to do to change those things.

Unless the system changes, whoever is the 6 is going to look fucked. Bissouma is defensively very good and also covers ground.

We are so open on the counter. Our front three are fucking hopeless defensively, as are our FB’s.

Unless the system changes, whoever is the 6 is going to look fucked. Bissouma is defensively very good and also covers ground.

Can I get a 6 that at least gets his foot stuck in and sets a tone, I don't see where he's defensively very good when he's had trouble stopping transition attacks all season, he's not that guy.

He is lazy and switches off all the time. Being strong in 50/50s when the ball is contested isn’t the same as being alive to danger as a sitting midfielder.

Yes, we play an open system that leaves us exposed at the back but Biss frequently fails to tracks runners or jogs back when he should be sprinting. No matter the system, nothing is stopping him from running around or looking over his shoulder.

Clearly Ange wasn’t happy with him as he dragged him off at HT.

He is lazy and switches off all the time. Being strong in 50/50s when the ball is contested isn’t the same as being alive to danger as a sitting midfielder.

Yes, we play an open system that leaves us exposed at the back but Biss frequently fails to tracks runners or jogs back when he should be sprinting. No matter the system, nothing is stopping him from running around or looking over his shoulder.

Clearly Ange wasn’t happy with him as he dragged him off at HT.
He keeps proving Conte right about him in lacking discipline. To think he won a few MOTM in the first few games this season. Disappointing isn't it.

Can I get a 6 that at least gets his foot stuck in and sets a tone, I don't see where he's defensively very good when he's had trouble stopping transition attacks all season, he's not that guy.

He gets his foot in more than most midfielders in this league bar Palhinha. More than anyone else in our team.

The problem is, bar him and the CB’s were a team that don’t get their foot in enough. Our front three are fucking soft as shit, Maddison and Sarr aren’t contributing much defensively right now and some of the defending from the fb’s is atrocious (like Udogie today).

If we had any decent back ups both fb’s should have been the ones coming off at ht.

Back
Top Bottom