Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amazing signing. Hes going to be brilliant for us.
I agree. I'm excited to see Richarlison play for sure, but his price tag really overshadows Bissouma and Peresic's signings to a lot of the fanbase/media. Unless we sign someone amazing at CB or RWB I think it may well be Bissouma that we look back on in a year as the signing of the 2022 summer window.

Honestly surprised we managed to steal a march on the other teams interested.

I agree. I'm excited to see Richarlison play for sure, but his price tag really overshadows Bissouma and Peresic's signings to a lot of the fanbase/media. Unless we sign someone amazing at CB or RWB I think it may well be Bissouma that we look back on in a year as the signing of the 2022 summer window.

Bissouma is going to become a bona fide star with us if he stays healthy and is up for it. The ability/talent is there. And he's not joining a Spurs team from 2018-2020 where we were a mess. We have much more structure in place.

As for Richarlison, I don't think Levy/Conte shelled out 60 million for a player that's just going to be a player that 'adds depth.' Yes Liverpool added Jota to play in a similar capacity but they only spent 40 million on him. Given how much we spent on Richarlison, I'm sure Conte has bigger plans for him.

Bissouma is going to become a bona fide star with us if he stays healthy and is up for it. The ability/talent is there. And he's not joining a Spurs team from 2018-2020 where we were a mess. We have much more structure in place.

As for Richarlison, I don't think Levy/Conte shelled out 60 million for a player that's just going to be a player that 'adds depth.' Yes Liverpool added Jota to play in a similar capacity but they only spent 40 million on him. Given how much we spent on Richarlison, I'm sure Conte has bigger plans for him.

Richarlison I think is in part a hedge on Kane or Son leaving/declining in the next 2 seasons. We'll see how his numbers turnout, but I'm not worried about the money spent- its a good hedge for our future in a way that Bergwijn hadn't shown yet.

Richarlison I think is in part a hedge on Kane or Son leaving/declining in the next 2 seasons. We'll see how his numbers turnout, but I'm not worried about the money spent- its a good hedge for our future in a way that Bergwijn hadn't shown yet.
I can’t think of one 60+ million fee player that was brought in with the intention of just adding depth. Jota is a player that comes to mind but he cost just 40 million.

Attackers like Haaland, Diaz, Nunez, Jesus, and Vlahovic were all were signed for big money and you’d expect all of them to be full time starters sooner rather than later. Richarlison would be the third most expensive transfer on the list of players I mentioned above (behind Nunez and Vlahovic) so I would fully expect him to be a full time starter sooner rather than later. It’s Kanes position for now, but you never know what Conte has got in mind and what he sees in Richarlison. Remember, he tried to bring in Martinez before Richarlison so he’s been clearly looking for a striker. Maybe he wants to play 2 up top, maybe not.

But at the end of the day, teams (especially us) don’t spend 60 million on a player with the intention of him just starting 20 games a season over the next couple seasons.

I can’t think of one 60+ million fee player that was brought in with the intention of just adding depth. Jota is a player that comes to mind but he cost just 40 million.

Attackers like Haaland, Diaz, Nunez, Jesus, and Vlahovic were all were signed for big money and you’d expect all of them to be full time starters sooner rather than later. Richarlison would be the third most expensive transfer on the list of players I mentioned above (behind Nunez and Vlahovic) so I would fully expect him to be a full time starter sooner rather than later. It’s Kanes position for now, but you never know what Conte has got in mind and what he sees in Richarlison. Remember, he tried to bring in Martinez before Richarlison so he’s been clearly looking for a striker. Maybe he wants to play 2 up top, maybe not.

But at the end of the day, teams (especially us) don’t spend 60 million on a player with the intention of him just starting 20 games a season over the next couple seasons.

I know you're desperate for Kane to be ousted from the team, but it's not going to happen. :)

I know you're desperate for Kane to be ousted from the team, but it's not going to happen. :)
Nope. I’m just glad we have competition at the striker position and interested to see what we are going to look like with a different type of striker with pace up top. It’s what we’ve been asking for for years.

If Richarlison ends up being another Lamela/Berg/Lucas type of player starting just 20 games a season, just admit that we’d all be disappointed after spending 60 million.

Both Bissouma and Richarlison are Conte signings so I’m sure they’ll be getting plenty of playing time in their preferred positions. The fact that we only paid a little over 20 million for Bissouma is a godsend and we should just be happy to have him but Richarlison is a different story - Conte will be expecting a lot from his new striker.

Nope. I’m just glad we have competition at the striker position and interested to see what we are going to look like with a different type of striker with pace up top. It’s what we’ve been asking for for years.

If Richarlison ends up being another Lamela/Berg/Lucas type of player starting just 20 games a season, just admit that we’d all be disappointed after spending 60 million.

Both Bissouma and Richarlison are Conte signings so I’m sure they’ll be getting plenty of playing time in their preferred positions. The fact that we only paid a little over 20 million for Bissouma is a godsend and we should just be happy to have him but Richarlison is a different story - Conte will be expecting a lot from his new striker.
There's also this thing called succession planning. As Kane and Son get older they won't be starting as many games and Richarlison will become more the main man. In the meantime he will probably be playing a minimum of 80% of the minutes that our main forward players will be playing, what with the number of games we'll be playing each year, injuries, and 5 sub rule.

I finally hope that with Richarlison we have a proper option to haul Kane off if we're 70 mins into a game with a safe lead (aside from being able to rotate and start in his place, of course). No more running him into the ground, please.

Richarlison can cover across the entire front line, which is great. He'll get enough game time
Quite, and for this reason it was easily Richarlison > Raphinha > Jesus in terms of suitability for our needs (regardless of what delusional gooners may say).

Last edited:
Your missing my point Zomb. They didn't even consider that there was an issue in talking about him in the way they did, could be problematic because of the issue in our criminal justice system.

Its like they could not see how damging them being so sickened by an accusation( they refused to analyse his game) was clearly prejudicial; our justice system disproportionately criminalises black men and they never even felt this warranted a mention in their self righteous rush to judgement. They are guilt of at best unconscious bias and I love to have an open conversation with about it but doubt they'd genuinely want that.
Same principle applies re: depreciating assets (players under contract).

We Utd & Arse were the obvious choices if Bissouma moved.

With the headline grabbing buzz already surrounding De Jong, Bellingham & Rice; we got CL and with it came pole position in that 'race'.... I suspect we also kept a closer eye on YBs legal situ too.

Have we? I've not seen anyone claim we need a pacey striker, simply just cover for when Kane is fatigued/injured.
There are a lot of people that wanted real competition at the position, not just another Carlos Vinicius. And I'm sure Conte is no different. Remember, Conte has been trying to bring in another striker since day 1 and his eyes were on another pacey striker in Martinez. We couldn't get Martinez but now we have real competition at the position in Richarlison.

Richarlison can cover across the entire front line, which is great. He'll get enough game time

Yeah that's how I feel about that signing. He will not replace anybody, simply fit in whenever we need to rest any of the 3 up there. For league cup/fa cup I imagine he will slot in instead of Kane at CF and then that front 3 will definitely have injuries throughout the season.

Bissouma & Perisic are the two essentially nailed on starters we've brought in, everyone else I think will act as competition.

I finally hope that with Richarlison we have a proper option to haul Kane off if we're 70 mins into a game with a safe lead (aside from being able to rotate and start in his place, of course). No more running him into the ground, please.

Quite, and for this reason it was easily Richarlison > Raphinha > Jesus in terms of suitability for our needs (regardless of what delusional gooners may say).
Everything I have read (mainly Everton fans) is Richarlison can play cf but not very well. May mean he goes lwf and son cf.

Everything I have read (mainly Everton fans) is Richarlison can play cf but not very well. May mean he goes lwf and son cf.

Depends on the oppo; I reckon...... Sonny would presumably be the more trusted finisher, but against some teams, a bit more beef in the center may be more suitable.

Depends on the oppo; I reckon...... Sonny would presumably be the more trusted finisher, but against some teams, a bit more beef in the center may be more suitable.
Again not my opinion as I only watch them against us. He does not hold the ball up or worry CB as a lone forward, perhaps son and him in a 2

Back
Top Bottom