Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I felt he played ok on Weds night, felt he was looking for attacking passes,
we need to be playing the main squad players (which means rotating players)
being in the EPL & CL we need to rotate players both comps are of equal value
when we were in EL or ECL we could run it as 2 different teams (but those in the second team downed tools)

Yeah I hope he gets another start today. He needs a run of games. With hojbjerg getting a knock v West Ham it might be a good time to play him.
Conte said he's still adapting to the new system. Remember back to the start of the year and how difficult the squad as a whole were finding it to execute Conte's demands.

Is Skipp back up and running?

Midfield won’t be an issue this season. Hojbjerg and Bentancur already know what Conte wants and live upto that.

I know people have short memories me included but Skipp along with Romero was arguably our best player under Nuno until his long term groin injury. Once he is fully back Skipp will be pushing hard for a starting position.

Bissouma is perhaps our most gifted midfielder but he is going to have to transition from Potter ball to Conte Ball and that is a lot of work. Once that is done we have Bentancur, Hojbjerg, Skipp and Bissouma with Sarr as back up. I am not so concerned with midfield, it’s not the Sissoko-Winks situation anymore.

More concerned with CB’s and RWB in terms of how it affects our play.

He was poor, I don't know why some are trying to dress it up.

Just still unsure if his skillset was at all what we needed or it was the usual Spurs, let's get a bargain signing in. People all over him because they don't like PEH for some delusional reason IMO.

Yes, the yellow had an effect, but it was a completely avoidable, fucking stupid card to get in your full debut for a new club.

Midfield won’t be an issue this season. Hojbjerg and Bentancur already know what Conte wants and live upto that.

I know people have short memories me included but Skipp along with Romero was arguably our best player under Nuno until his long term groin injury. Once he is fully back Skipp will be pushing hard for a starting position.

Bissouma is perhaps our most gifted midfielder but he is going to have to transition from Potter ball to Conte Ball and that is a lot of work. Once that is done we have Bentancur, Hojbjerg, Skipp and Bissouma with Sarr as back up. I am not so concerned with midfield, it’s not the Sissoko-Winks situation anymore.

Agree with this. Lenglet, Dier and Romero could be a fine trio so it’s really only RWB that sticks out like a ginger step child - no viable solution

He was poor, I don't know why some are trying to dress it up.

Just still unsure if his skillset was at all what we needed or it was the usual Spurs, let's get a bargain signing in. People all over him because they don't like PEH for some delusional reason IMO.

Yes, the yellow had an effect, but it was a completely avoidable, fucking stupid card to get in your full debut for a new club.
Calm down mate. You obviously have a very high standard if you think he played poor. He didn’t play great - a 6/10. He controlled the ball well in tight positions, tending to control with his chest and bring the ball down opposed to heading it away, had his head up looking for the forward pass and ran with the ball as well. I think he should be starting against Fulham as we have lots of games to navigate this season. The sooner he gets bedded in, the better

Calm down mate. You obviously have a very high standard if you think he played poor. He didn’t play great - a 6/10. He controlled the ball well in tight positions, tending to control with his chest and bring the ball down opposed to heading it away, had his head up looking for the forward pass and ran with the ball as well. I think he should be starting against Fulham as we have lots of games to navigate this season. The sooner he gets bedded in, the better
He was so good Conte dropped him to the bench straight away and he didn't get on at all yesterday.

Conte on Bissouma: "He needs to work because for sure he is behind Bentancur and Højbjerg."

Last edited:
Brighton is such a well coached team it makes it a little more difficult to evaluate their players. Potter's system can make good players look even better. Bissouma is going to be good, but the systems are so different that I can see it taking some time before he's adapted to Conte's system. No knock on Conte or Potter, but those are two very different approaches.

From Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Ndombele and GLC to Hojbjerg, Bentancur, Bissouma, Skipp and Sarr.

Hats off Paratici.

He was so good Conte dropped him to the bench straight away and he didn't get on at all yesterday.

Conte on Bissouma: "He needs to work because for sure he is behind Bentancur and Højbjerg."
Ignore The Big Lebowski GIF

Nice to see him on for the last 10 mins injecting a bit of speed. He has a mountain to climb to take over the incumbents but so much better than a few years back with no midfield depth.

Nice to see him on for the last 10 mins injecting a bit of speed. He has a mountain to climb to take over the incumbents but so much better than a few years back with no midfield depth.
He'll earn his minutes. I am confident of that. Some players take longer to recover from Covid, even if he only had a mild case.

Its better to see that other players are managing to get in there ahead of Bissouma instead of other players being so shite that Winks starts playing. Our depth has improved by a lot.

He'll earn his minutes. I am confident of that. Some players take longer to recover from Covid, even if he only had a mild case.

He also offers a speed in the middle that gives us a slightly different option and not to forget Skipp who was our best midfielder under Nuno, he will want to fight his way back in.

Back
Top Bottom