Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couldn’t agree more mate. It’s been one of my pet hates with this club for years. Sign players and we barely see them properly for months. Meanwhile that cunt Isak has literally just got his passport stamped and he’s banging them in v Liverpool. Why the fuck do Spurs take forever integrating signings in the 1st 11
Bentancur and Kulusevski pretty much went straight in. Pochettino was the one to take ages with new signings. Conte seems to do things case by case.

Couldn’t agree more mate. It’s been one of my pet hates with this club for years. Sign players and we barely see them properly for months. Meanwhile that cunt Isak has literally just got his passport stamped and he’s banging them in v Liverpool. Why the fuck do Spurs take forever integrating signings in the 1st 11
Conte's doing the right thing at the moment. After what last season's players were able to pull off, getting top 4 and whatnot, Conte can't just start starting the new signings right away. The starters from last season would not be happy at all and there's a good chance the players would rebel and/or sulk.

Conte's playing politics and making sure that all players are content as every one of our players will be important given how many games we're going to be playing this season.

Conte should start exploring 4-3-3 for non top-6 games where Bentancur-Bissouma-Sarr can start and link up the midfield better with Kulu-Kane-Son/Rich
can't see Conte changing to 4-3-3, he seems to stick to 3-4-3
to me the central 2 need to be powerful players, so the players that need to see a pass are your CH's & WB's, like at our CH's they can't see a pass, and the WB's ? (Ivan can but the others ?)

I think Bissouma will start tomorrow... Is Bentancur still injured??
...and was Højberg genuinely injured on Wednesday, or was that JUST time wasting shenanigans that came back to bite us??

If not, and they're BOTH out, then Bissouma & Skipp might be interesting to see...

Conte should start exploring 4-3-3 for non top-6 games where Bentancur-Bissouma-Sarr can start and link up the midfield better with Kulu-Kane-Son/Rich
Possibly, but he strikes me as a manager who will start with a back 3 until the end of days, I don't expect much flexibility from him in that regard.

I dunno why anyone had a problem with him.
First time our midfield hasn't been overrun all season.

Funny that.

I am not critical or panicky regarding Bissouma - it was not a brilliant debut by him - but it was his first game. He will improve a lot, no doubt.

But regarding our midfield - well firs time when opposition players did not even try to close down our midfield.
West Ham was set up in a way that their midfield backed off to congest and overcrowd the box and it's perimeters. They never wanted nor tried to put our midfield under pressure. So that statement is not as important in that context.

We ain't going into 4-3-3 for sure.
But what I am hoping for is we could try 5-3-2. That would mean it would be hard to overpower our midfield.
But it assumes really two adequate wingbacks to work the flanks, otherwise it gets to central.

Something like
-----Son---Kane----
--PEH--Bissouma-
-------Skippy------
could be quite joyful to watch. With Perisic and Spence running on the wings.

I think Bissouma will start tomorrow... Is Bentancur still injured??
...and was Højberg genuinely injured on Wednesday, or was that JUST time wasting shenanigans that came back to bite us??

If not, and they're BOTH out, then Bissouma & Skipp might be interesting to see...
The challenge on Hoj was nasty on the ankle. Not a yellow though according to the ref.

His boot looked more like a muppets mouth afterwards so was wobbling around with dodgy apparatus.

Probably a bit of TW going on as well.

I hope Bissouma will start tomorrow, best thing to do after a mediocre performance, albeit with some enterprising stuff, is to get a another start under your belt and move up a gear. He has evidence that he could become our best midfielder relatively quickly.

I also hope there is some rotation on the RWB position. Royal has really been a solid defender but as we all know, not enough bite going forward, though a half decent ball carrier. Would really like to see Spence given more than 10 minutes. I'm hoping he becomes a player in the short term that contributes to teams crapping pants and drives them back as our midfield can be cut through at times.

Players will be a bit fatigued this weekend so I'd be baffled if we start with the same 11 that we know.

Look forward to seeing him again on Saturday. Hopefully no silly booking this time. It made a huge difference to his game. As our two midfielders are normally aggressive in the tackle. Cant take the chance of a late tackle on a booking.

Look forward to seeing him again on Saturday. Hopefully no silly booking this time. It made a huge difference to his game. As our two midfielders are normally aggressive in the tackle. Cant take the chance of a late tackle on a booking.
AC coated him right off in his presser earlier.
His yellow card changed the game. OK, PEH also fecked up but...

We were dominant until the referee dragged Spam back into the match.

I thought Bissouma was solid until the dodgy yellow card rattled him and he didn't do much right the rest of the first half. He was fine in the second half having to play with more restraint. It was unclear re: Højbjerg going to ground/changing his boot at the start of the 2nd half how much was shit-housing the refs for the no call on Rice's tackle, and how much was he actually struggling to stay on the pitch...

We ain't going into 4-3-3 for sure.
But what I am hoping for is we could try 5-3-2. That would mean it would be hard to overpower our midfield.
But it assumes really two adequate wingbacks to work the flanks, otherwise it gets to central.

Something like
-----Son---Kane----
--PEH--Bissouma-
-------Skippy------
could be quite joyful to watch. With Perisic and Spence running on the wings.

Expect to see Bentancur again......

Back
Top Bottom