Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure why we continue to struggle to integrate players quickly … it’s been happening for years. But W Ham bring on Pacqueta and Toon bring on Isak with the ink still wet on their contracts. What are we doing wrong?

EDIT: I realise he had Covid, but still…

Not sure why we continue to struggle to integrate players quickly … it’s been happening for years. But W Ham bring on Pacqueta and Toon bring on Isak with the ink still wet on their contracts. What are we doing wrong?

Couldn’t agree more mate. It’s been one of my pet hates with this club for years. Sign players and we barely see them properly for months. Meanwhile that cunt Isak has literally just got his passport stamped and he’s banging them in v Liverpool. Why the fuck do Spurs take forever integrating signings in the 1st 11

A stupid yellow card, but he was nowhere as bad as some people make it out to be..
He looked rattled and a bit lost in the first half but got it together much better in the second. I would have hooked him personally but its probably good that Conte let him play through it and showed faith in him. With all our other CMs seemingly having picked up knocks or not in full fitness we'll need him to play a lot of games in the near-term.

Not the dream first start for him in any way or form, but not as bad as some claim.

Yellow was like REALLY stupid. Just why?
If you get yellow in this game, let it be for really rough tackle of Wet Spam idiot.
With this moody reaction just limited his remainder of the game.

But I did notice some neat passes in the 2nd half. Not enough across whole 90 and not as cleaver as they could have been, but it was visible - he was solid defensively but when he gets into top form, he will start making better passes as well.

Hope he will recover for Fulham game and without yellow he can prove that he is more capable.

Paqueta did fuck all except mess up a chance that would have won them the game. I don’t even remember him touching the ball. Perfect example of why managers don’t tend to throw newbies in.

Isak played because Wilson wasn’t available. Otherwise he would have been on the bench. Most managers who already have a stable, fit team, bed players in slowly. Especially when they arrive after pre-season.

Perisic had a full preseason and knows Conte already, so he goes straight into the first XI as he is already in the “reliable” category. Bissouma had COVID, had a hamstring injury, has never worked with Conte before. He showed with his performance last night exactly why Conte stuck with his trusted players rather than throwing him in.

Last edited:
Yellow was like REALLY stupid. Just why?
it was obviously a stupid yellow but a few minutes before the yellow he took a strong elbow to the neck area right outside our box which led to a west ham shot. Then the very soft call on him.

That ref was horrendous… and even missed a few calls in our favor in the 2nd half.

Are the Dembele comparisons even fair? Heard a lot of people say Bissouma is in the same mould, but I don’t think he has the body strength and the dribbling ability of Mousa. Don’t get me wrong, I was absolutely excited when we signed Bissouma and I am confident he will show what he’s capable of, just that people might expect something completely different from him.

It was the stupidest fucking type of yellow card to pick up and curtailed him afterwards.

Hope they've a fine system for dissent or something, it was moronic to slam the ball down like that in a hissy fit.

Likely upset some of his fanboys, but his style of play is almost the opposite of what we're crying out for.

Hojbjerg still our best central midfielder despite the ones we've brought in tbh.

One Game he has played One f@#^G Game you do realize that you guys are really crazy sometimes.

Election 2020 Reaction GIF by Joe Biden

Are the Dembele comparisons even fair? Heard a lot of people say Bissouma is in the same mould, but I don’t think he has the body strength and the dribbling ability of Mousa. Don’t get me wrong, I was absolutely excited when we signed Bissouma and I am confident he will show what he’s capable of, just that people might expect something completely different from him.
His dribbling with the ball in central areas and getting out of trouble with dribbles was one of his main strengths at Brighton. Unfortunately I think with more defensive responsibility in our system and a usually 3 vs 2 situation in the middle of the park he will find it harder to make these kind of runs under Conte for the most part.

I am sure we can unlock this a bit with more gametime, but I think he was maybe more concerned with 'doing as he is told' yesterday than bringing what he has to the table and showing out.

His dribbling with the ball in central areas and getting out of trouble with dribbles was one of his main strengths at Brighton. Unfortunately I think with more defensive responsibility in our system and a usually 3 vs 2 situation in the middle of the park he will find it harder to make these kind of runs under Conte for the most part.

I am sure we can unlock this a bit with more gametime, but I think he was maybe more concerned with 'doing as he is told' yesterday than bringing what he has to the table and showing out.

I think he was more concerned with not being sent off than anything else. That stupid yellow card was in his head the whole match.

A player like him needs to be free to take risks and he hamstrung himself by being petulant.

Looked incredibly tentative when we were in possession between mins 30-45 I thought.. his first 22mins were really good until he was carded. Solid enough after the WH goal.

Combinations of things, unfamiliarity with system, WH (like Brighton, Brentford) setting up well to block lanes to Son + Kane, his own limitations as a player and the yellow card he received. Will be easier for him to find his way when Romero is back in the side and hopefully a bit more attacking threat at RWB.

One thing that was notable is early in the first half, Bissouma was trying to be progressive by playing sideways balls to PEH, who had the option to progress and wanted none of it. Those 2 did not work well together. Bentancur would have been absolutely fine receiving those passes and not panicking.

Obviously it’s still early days bu I’d be interested to see how Bentancur and Bissouma would do together.

We don't Kulu and Bentancur settled in fine.

Back
Top Bottom