Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Waking up to this is brilliant, it's not done but wow, he dominated us twice last year

Abit concerned about what's happening with the sexual assault charge but he definitely improves us, if we are willing to pay we must be confident nothing is going to happen

Reminds me of waking up to the Modric news, I think it was a Saturday morning, was absolutely buzzing.

This is EXACTLY the kind of deal Woolwich would've got if they'd have finished 4th instead of us.

A perfect example of how massive the end to last season was.

I would put money on Bissouma going to the scum if they had qualified for CL instead of us.

Redcafe member:
His situation is nothing like Greenwood's. He was apparently only a witness to an alleged assault by one of his entourage at a club.

Someone I knew was arrested along with his totally innocent parents. The police were trying to get either him to confess and let his parents off the rap or for the parents to incriminate him.
On the day the case went to court the charges against the parents were dropped.

I have zero info about the case or Bissouma's actual involvement but the other person involved is related to Yves.
So that's interesting.. I'm not even fully sure what he is being investigated for or what the potential outcome is.
One thing I do know is that Levy would not overlook this issue and must be confident.

First really top draw midfield destroyer since we broke Wanyama, and before him Sandro. He's clearly not a boy scout....which was kind of what old walking dude Mourinho lamented. Still stick him in a room with Son for a bit Bissouma start rescuing kittens and opening food banks.

Amazing signing. Could be one of the best bits of business we’ve done in years.

I get the Dembele comparisons, but I’m not sure he’s an out and out ball carrier like Dembele (not that he can’t develop that, of course). I think his instincts are more defensive.

But he uses his body weight in exactly the same way; he has that balance that he can shift, to shield the ball.

Looks like great business assuming all the external stuff is fine!
Starting midfielders from Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sissoko, Alli, Winks to Skipp, Bissouma, Hojbjerg, Bentancur in quite a short space of time
:pochhail:

I get the Dembele comparisons, but I’m not sure he’s an out and out ball carrier like Dembele (not that he can’t develop that, of course). I think his instincts are more defensive.

But he uses his body weight in exactly the same way; he has that balance that he can shift, to shield the ball.
Lol. Not to be mean but Bissouma Bentancur Skipp is so much better than Winks PHE Skipp.

Waking up to this is brilliant, it's not done but wow, he dominated us twice last year

Abit concerned about what's happening with the sexual assault charge but he definitely improves us, if we are willing to pay we must be confident nothing is going to happen
Maybe the contracts will hedge this with a 'rape clause'? So we pay less to brighton/player in event of conviction of assault.

I have wanted this guy for a good few years as I’m convinced he’ll be a great player for us. He has everything in his locker to go up a level too. A great signing. Looking forward to him standing there holding the shirt.

First really top draw midfield destroyer since we broke Wanyama, and before him Sandro. He's clearly not a boy scout....which was kind of what old walking dude Mourinho lamented. Still stick him in a room with Son for a bit Bissouma start rescuing kittens and opening food banks.
Is there a reason people say "top draw" ? I've always known it to be "top drawer", when describing something of high quality.

A bit off topic, but I've seen it a few times lately 🤣

Absolutely melting down in the Woolwich forum. The same goes for ynited.

This is a signing we wouldnt have made if we didnt have the current management set up and with Levy opening to purse strings a bit.

We usually announce things on a Friday, no?

Perisic, Bissouma (surely 90% confirmed, though he isn't holding a shirt yet), Forster - a really good start..

Monster ball winner and so secure at shielding possession.. Can't glide around players like Dembele did, but great at driving into space. Very safe passer.. doesn't really have great ability to spread play... given the nature of our midfielders now, four ball winners, maybe it it gives us more scope to prioritize distribution when targeting lcb.. ie Torres.

Is there a reason people say "top draw" ? I've always known it to be "top drawer", when describing something of high quality.

A bit off topic, but I've seen it a few times lately 🤣
You know... its a really good question. With blokes the bottom draw is the place all the crap keys washers Harry Winks get put so prehaps top draw is simply the reverse. 😆

Harry Winks this morning.

Sad Tantrum GIF by Travis

Back
Top Bottom