Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just think as men, we should all think about what we can and can't do. I agree that grabbing hold of womens arses is dumb and unpleasent. Just don't agree it warrants a full blown police intervention.

Obviously a more serious act, intimidations, threatening, actual physical assault etc.
I once had to sit through a half a day course at work (all employees) telling me what I can and can't do to women. As a generally decent human being, I don't do that anyway.
I did however ask "why is it only wrong if a man does that to a woman?"
She - yes, it was a woman doing the course stumbled a bit but then said it should be applied to all. I met my wife at work. She grabbed hold of me at a Christmas party. Maybe I should have phoned the policy instead of texting her the next day.
As I was squeezing through a crowd in a night club, a girl pinched my arse.

That girl became my wife.

Edit for anyone in doubt.

This is a 100% true.

Last edited:
You're not allowed to mention SC on here or a few touchy posters channel their inner A&C and demand that the ban stick be readied...

Meh, they can put us on ignore. If they moan I'll put them on ignore.

Re Martinez or any player for that matter- if the club are 'bidding' then they will only be doing so if they have had the right signals from the players entourage that they would welcome a move - so all these posts stating we should move on because the player won't come are literally a waste of time

Think this is all media driven BS tbh. At most it's half truths. A call to the club to find out interest isn't a bid or formal talks. It's a question.

She probably stumbled a bit because she was slightly uncomfortable at having to answer that question because of how it has frequently been loaded, not because she couldn't answer it satisfactorily. If anyone has been wrongfully accused then of course that is awful and should be looked on as such. It's a very different topic though from a system that has encouraged and made commonplace the oppression and exploitation of women - when you are running a course such as that, to address these very real issues that occur because of that system (and that that woman has probably faced countless times in her professional and private life) only to be asked "yeah, but what about men?" I imagine it feels slightly demeaning and deflating. So well done on that front I guess

The problem is, this is 2022 and a lot of the problems are the past are now less significant. They're making good people with good moral compasses sit through these sessions and take responsibility for other people's actions. And also getting told you can't do this or that like it's black or white. There's grey as well. And adults can figure out for themselves what is and isn't appropriate behaviour.
It actually felt like a lesson for 9 year olds who maybe haven't learned right from wrong and how to read a room.
It also felt like justification for those people who like to find offence in everything in the world.
Just because some people don't like something, you can't ban it worldwide.

This all goes much deeper than what is and isn't appropriate between men and women too.
I don't like quota filling. That annoys me. I think turning down x amount of good candidates for someone who isn't a good candidate but meets a quota need is appalling. That in itself is as bad as turning down a good candidate because they're a woman/minority etc.

BTW a lot of people assuming it'll be Bissouma and Bentancur, but I think it'll be PEH and Bissouma as the "main" pairing in midfield.

PEH is underrated when it comes to progressing the ball up the pitch and joining as an extra body in attacks. Since Bissouma is more of a deep midfielder, that's important.

BTW a lot of people assuming it'll be Bissouma and Bentancur, but I think it'll be PEH and Bissouma as the "main" pairing in midfield.

PEH is underrated when it comes to progressing the ball up the pitch and joining as an extra body in attacks. Since Bissouma is more of a deep midfielder, that's important.
All of them will get over 30 games taking into account the comps we are in too

Yeah but social media law is everyone is guilty because Karen said so. So that person must be publicly vilified, strung up and set on fire.

Trivialising the matter without substantial facts just puts you at the other end of the scale and makes you NO better than Karen.

STFU

Trivialising the matter without substantial facts just puts you at the other end of the scale and makes you NO better than Karen.

STFU

Simple fact is that sexual assault is simply touching of a sexual nature without consent. So yes, grabbing someone's arse is sexual assault. Just because most people put up with it or there's a double standard doesn't mean somebody isn't entitled to press charges if it happens to them. It's real simple, don't touch people without consent.

There's also a key power imbalance when it comes to women doing it vs men. I'm not saying the latter is therefore fine, but a man getting his arse grabbed in a club is probably less scared of that situation escalating in to being spiked, followed home, or physically intimidated, because statistically this is far more likely to happen to women.

Think this is all media driven BS tbh. At most it's half truths. A call to the club to find out interest isn't a bid or formal talks. It's a question.

The problem is, this is 2022 and a lot of the problems are the past are now less significant. They're making good people with good moral compasses sit through these sessions and take responsibility for other people's actions. And also getting told you can't do this or that like it's black or white. There's grey as well. And adults can figure out for themselves what is and isn't appropriate behaviour.
It actually felt like a lesson for 9 year olds who maybe haven't learned right from wrong and how to read a room.
It also felt like justification for those people who like to find offence in everything in the world.

This all goes much deeper than what is and isn't appropriate between men and women too.
I don't like quota filling. That annoys me. I think turning down x amount of good candidates for someone who isn't a good candidate but meets a quota need is appalling. That in itself is as bad as turning down a good candidate because they're a woman/minority etc.

Until you fall fowl and then you'll be first in line to cry '"no-one told me"..........

It's got nothing to do with "quota filling"; you're just rambling.

yeah, there's a fair few things in there that I don't agree with but I fear we are probably at opposite ends of the spectrum and I'm not sure it's worth either of us thrashing it out in this heat.

Back
Top Bottom