Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm putting his last performance down to nerves and won't be judging him on it.. Tbh didn't catch much of anything from him 2 tonight, thoughts anyone ?
Was only on the pitch a few mins and dispossessed the opposition twice and blocked a shot at the end. I think he'll take a while to earn Conte's trust but he'll be a good player for us. Ability to win balls other players wouldn't even think of going for will launch us on many counter attacks in the coming years.

Was only on the pitch a few mins and dispossessed the opposition twice and blocked a shot at the end. I think he'll take a while to earn Conte's trust but he'll be a good player for us. Ability to win balls other players wouldn't even think of going for will launch us on many counter attacks in the coming years.
Yeah, seemed a lot more in form in yesterday's game.

I like that fact he's going to have to work hard to get into the team. Hojbjerg and Bentancur are brilliant and have been a fantastic pairing for us. And it'll be hard to win a place over them.

F2C68FC6-87FC-4F2B-B8B5-6D8B4334E029.png

its a tough partnership to break up, they've been solid and thats what you need in midfield
I like that fact he's going to have to work hard to get into the team. Hojbjerg and Bentancur are brilliant and have been a fantastic pairing for us. And it'll be hard to win a place over them.

Bentancur+PEH pairing has served us well, I agree.
But this same Marseille game really showed that midfield did not have enough of bite.
- midfield was not able to change the tempo of the game
- turn with the ball
- make through-passes to attackers

It was bit too one-dimensional and as a result we failed to create enough clear-cut chances, specially in the 1st half.

I hope that Bissouma can provide bit more vertical passing ability when called upon. From his individual level and potential I expect him to overtake both- PEH and Benta.

It was bit too one-dimensional and as a result we failed to create enough clear-cut chances, specially in the 1st half.
agree that it can be a bit on dimensional but the lack of clear cut chances isnt just down to the CM's. they are a steady partnership that will always do well because they are both solid at everything and work hard. ye there will be games when a different type of midfielder will benefit us as all the teams we face are different.

kanes not been at his best and son has been quite simply awful since the first game. thats a huge reason as to lack of clear cut chances, when your left forward cant keep the ball it damages the whole teams rhythm.

agree that it can be a bit on dimensional but the lack of clear cut chances isnt just down to the CM's. they are a steady partnership that will always do well because they are both solid at everything and work hard. ye there will be games when a different type of midfielder will benefit us as all the teams we face are different.

kanes not been at his best and son has been quite simply awful since the first game. thats a huge reason as to lack of clear cut chances, when your left forward cant keep the ball it damages the whole teams rhythm.

I do agree with your reasonings as well - Kane in this game was really poor and won very few duels there. But Son does not have that big of a contribution to creating chances anyway. His strenghts are sprints behind the line and clinical finishing.

I would argue that creativity should be divided between fullbacks (and from Royal we know we don't get any) + Kane + 3rd attacking player. But in order for them to be able to create room, ball has to reach them as quickly as possible. And here CMs come into play. And if they decide to ping the ball back towards our goal, then defenders have time to position themselves to make main creators job lot harder...

Ok so we know it’s his positioning that needs work on

TBH, I did suspect during the summer that he'd have to adapt to the transition from Potter's 352 to our 343. This also might be a hang-over from missing a vital chunk of pre-season too.

Hope springs that he'll be owning shit in the starting XI before too long.

I find it hard to believe a fully rested bissouma coming on in the 85th minute is worse than a Bentancur or PEH that has no legs and both on yellows. It was clear those two were exhausted in the final 10 minutes on Tuesday.
Bentancur should have been subbed off after the yellow around 63'. I get wanting players to play through whole games sometimes, but to expose your teams fortunes to a second yellow when capable replacements are available is just plain irresponsible.

Back
Top Bottom