Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely not. I just asked what their contingency for one single player that they are overly reliant on.

Salah assists or scores in about 95% of their games. They do not have an adequate plan for him not being there.

It's not one player either.... They haven't had proper back-up for DM or RB for years (and they could very very rarely afford to rest Mane & Sala) .... Even when that team was peaking 2/3 years ago.

Absolutely not. I just asked what their contingency for one single player that they are overly reliant on.

Salah assists or scores in about 95% of their games. They do not have an adequate plan for him not being there.
Fair.

I think for a player like him any team in the world would feel his absence of course, but I still feel their recruitment in that area over the years will help to soften the blow significantly. Jots, Gakpo, Diaz et all should be able to hold the fort for a month.

Rightly so.

A properly managed club would have prepared for this way in advanced. Losing three players like this shouldn't mean anything to us.

But it does because of Levy's appauling recruitment record that is going to take years to sort out.

Years? Are you really sure about that???
Have you seen our recent recruiting?

We are currently 5th having experienced loads of injuries. Two wins at Xmas and at the half way point we are going to be in contention for top4 and possible the top 2.

How the fuck are we years from anything????

How the fuck are we years from anything????

Cat years

Cat Typing GIF

To insinuate that the Spurs fans that want us to go and strengthen the squad in January and who will be vocal when we inevitably leave our manager short as we do after almost every window are “Twitter Morons” is frankly incredibly insolent.

Not really.

What’s your opinion on our recent transfers? Are you in the 1/ we need years, 2/ we are miles off being woolwich level 3/ we are close to woolwich squad or 4/ we have an a better squad than woolwich.

Option 1 tends to be the twitter type shouty lot I’m taking about. Could be Facebook. Etc etc.

They will moan we didn’t spend £500m, didn’t recruit on day 1 and swear blind the club is moving backwards. Is our squad really worse than it was 3 - 4 years ago post poch?

And who do you want us to spend money like?
What’s your gold standard for transfer business? Chelsea? Woolwich? United? Liverpool?

Not really.

What’s your opinion on our recent transfers? Are you in the 1/ we need years, 2/ we are miles off being woolwich level 3/ we are close to woolwich squad or 4/ we have an a better squad than woolwich.

Option 1 tends to be the twitter type shouty lot I’m taking about. Could be Facebook. Etc etc.

They will moan we didn’t spend £500m, didn’t recruit on day 1 and swear blind the club is moving backwards. Is our squad really worse than it was 3 - 4 years ago post poch?

And who do you want us to spend money like?
What’s your gold standard for transfer business? Chelsea? Woolwich? United? Liverpool?
My opinion on recent recruitment is positive, we have signed some good players, but there needs to be further evidence that it wasn’t just reactionary transfers made as a result of poor performances , trying to appease the manager etc. Whilst recent additions have been good, many of them have been born out of necessity rather than evidence of any real plan in place to build a squad that is going to be able to compete for trophies.

I think the teams we should be looking to emulate in the market are Woolwich and Liverpool. They are pro active in the market, make signings in both the higher end of the market (60-100 million) and the lower, “safer” end (20-40 million) and know when to push the boat out to make a signing that could really make a difference.
There’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to compete with them two clubs for players.

No reasonable Spurs fan is asking for us to go out and buy players like Manchester City or splash the cash stupidly like Bohely’s Chelsea.

No reasonable Spurs fan is asking for us to go out and buy players like Manchester City or splash the cash stupidly like Bohely’s Chelsea.

These are the morons I have an issue with.

Also the “this window sell Bissouma, sell Romero do it now”. That’s not going to happen.

But they are shouting out their frankly mental opinions.

These are the morons I have an issue with.

Also the “this window sell Bissouma, sell Romero do it now”. That’s not going to happen.

But they are shouting out their frankly mental opinions.

We have fans that want us to buy players to cover the absentees away on intl duty even though they'll be back a couple of weeks after the window closes.

My opinion on recent recruitment is positive, we have signed some good players, but there needs to be further evidence that it wasn’t just reactionary transfers made as a result of poor performances , trying to appease the manager etc. Whilst recent additions have been good, many of them have been born out of necessity rather than evidence of any real plan in place to build a squad that is going to be able to compete for trophies.

I think the teams we should be looking to emulate in the market are Woolwich and Liverpool. They are pro active in the market, make signings in both the higher end of the market (60-100 million) and the lower, “safer” end (20-40 million) and know when to push the boat out to make a signing that could really make a difference.
There’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to compete with them two clubs for players.

I said the same on Twitter and got cunts quoting FFP boundaries of £500m at me. Like, yes, we can run at a £145m loss over three years but ENIC/Levy won't allow for that, nor should any serious business be spending money like that.

We can't match City or Chelsea, and probably Newscastle or United. But we have similar income, structure and all that to Liverpool and Woolwich. We should be able to match them.

Grealish aside; City usually don't typically "overspend" on players - they just buy a LOT of 40,50,60m players. It's the wages we can't really compete with. And doing it in one window. 🤣

We have fans that want us to buy players to cover the absentees away on intl duty even though they'll be back a couple of weeks after the window closes.

Yeah and not realise the bulk of the transfers happen the last few days of the windows anyway - especially players whose clubs don’t really want to sell them.

Not just us playing silly buggers out there.

Yeah and not realise the bulk of the transfers happen the last few days of the windows anyway - especially players whose clubs don’t really want to sell them.

Not just us playing silly buggers out there.

Bro people just set their expectations way too high and when they don't come to fruition they start the Levy out nonsense because they haven't been placated, it's hilarious when you think about it.

I know for a fact that we have fans readying themselves to smash their keyboards on the 31st Jan because we didn't get a striker they've never seen play for example, like you said they're going to be shocked when we have a list of absentees due to suspensions and Intl duty and wonder why the club aren't buying players to cover them for 2/3 games, the same people by the way wondering why we can't shift players and wondering why we have deadwood because we panicked and bought in duds in the first place. :ledley:

I think today showed how much we missed him tbh

Our first choice midfield is probably Bentancur, Bissouma and Maddison. We are playing Sarr, Skipp and Kuluvesksi/Lo Celso which is good but it’s still our second. So it’s a burn of quality drop.

Really frustrating we can’t see the Bentancur, Bissouma and Maddison together. On paper only City have a better midfield 3 combo in De Bruyne, Rodri and Bernardo Silva.

Our first choice midfield is probably Bentancur, Bissouma and Maddison. We are playing Sarr, Skipp and Kuluvesksi/Lo Celso which is good but it’s still our second. So it’s a burn of quality drop.

Really frustrating we can’t see the Bentancur, Bissouma and Maddison together. On paper only City have a better midfield in De Bruyne, Rodri and Bernardo Silva.
I don't agree I think Sarr if fit will start in our first choice midfield. If that's a problem for Bentancur or Bissouma that's their look out....

I don't agree I think Sarr if fit will start in our first choice midfield. If that's a problem for Bentancur or Bissouma that's their look out....

It’s a personal view but Bissouma makes sense as a 6 and Bentancur is for me probably the most talented footballer at the whole club and while he can play 6/8/10 I think 8 is where he is best as you want to give him licence to run the show in attack and defence.

I think today showed how much we missed him tbh
Yeah, its kind of refreshing, you are starting to look at things from different perspective. First time we missed him (it was fulham?) PEH did ok, but we had Maddison and Sarr who carried our midfield instead. Vs Villa it was all good till Benta was there but then you remember how things went. Biss makes mistakes, but even when hes out of form he still does those little things that help us control the game. I need to remember that cause its easy to get frustrated when he sometimes lose ball.

It’s a personal view but Bissouma makes sense as a 6 and Bentancur is for me probably the most talented footballer at the whole club and while he can play 6/8/10 I think 8 is where he is best as you want to give him licence to run the show in attack and defence.
Oh I see where your coming from. I love Bentancur and like a lot of folk I think the first ten games I over estimated our form on the WRONG west African. I think Sarr was making Bissouma look better not the other way round. I want to see a fully fit Sarr Bentancur Maddison midfield. I think on form that's our best midfield with way Ange wants to play.

Back
Top Bottom