Monaco away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So let's consider the options here

We play with a back 4 and put Jan at LB
We play with a back 5 and put Walker at LWB
We play with a back 5 and put Jan at LB, but CCV at CB
We play with a back 5 and put someone/anyone at LWB

Am I missing anything, or is the situation really that bad? Lol.

Would be a great time for Toby to make a come back.

The situation in defense is indeed that bad.
We need Jan for organizational purposes.
Wimmer and Dier have no idea how to work an offsides trap or high line together.
CCV is just a man-cub and not ready for this kind of a game.

I see it as 80% chance to lose, 19% to draw, 1% to win. We're no where near good enough at the moment to match them, so not sure how you can say a draw is 50%

This will sound incredibly cheesy, but I believe in Spurs so I believe we can make a 50/50 to draw out of any game.

Thanks

Hope they choose Whl, one last chance to see Spurs play in Europe at the old WHL would be the only small silver lining from this whole champions league/Wembley debacle.

They probably will, can't see the FA agreeing to the EL when it has no glamour or money. From the Tottenham perspective, it isn't worth renting out Wembley either - we don't always fill WHL for a EL, never mind Wembley.

Against Chelski we can not play Dier andav er as a defensive pairing if we play 2 cbs as they will eat them alive. We have 2 options:

1) if we Stick with a back 4 we play Vertonghen with Dier and just stick Trippier at Lb.

Or my preferred option

2) go 3 at the back with the Vertonghen, Wimmer and Dier and maybe try Nkodou or even Trippier as a left wing back.
Lets move the emotion aside, its only 3 points. The following week, every player will be available. We are out of the CL so lets get craking on with the PL. Treat the Euopa as a knock out cup comp next year along side the FA Cup. By then we should be bang on form. Get playing back at WHL in Europe, last season and all that.

Last edited:
But it wasnt just getting fouled was it as it was a really nice bit of skill he did. Anyway if you think Alli was worse than any of our back 4 you're smoking some highly potent skunk.
What stood out last year (& against City this year) is we press, that press starts with our forwards and then midfield. A massive part of our defensive solidity is because we press from the front. We are simply not doing this. By not pressing our back four is under more pressure. We also need the ball to at least stick to our AM's they are loosing possession of the ball almost at will, it is not competed for. So we are not counter-pressing too. This is where we are shit and have been all season. Highlighted in today's performance clear for all to see, I sorry if you can't see this.

What stood out last year (& against City this year) is we press, that press starts with our forwards and then midfield. A massive part of our defensive solidity is because we press from the front. We are simply not doing this. By not pressing our back four is under more pressure. We also need the ball to at least stick to our AM's they are loosing possession of the ball almost at will, it is not competed for. So we are not counter-pressing too. This is where we are shit and have been all season. Highlighted in today's performance clear for all to see, I sorry if you can't see this.
I agree with all you just said now but what has that got to do with me disagreeing that alli was our worst player? or have you quoted the wrong post?

Nah- CL qualification is where the money is at- and if you know our financial situation and ambitions, you know that money is the most desperately needed thing at our club. Top 4 is the only fucking thing I care about.

The sooner we get the loot, the sooner the stadium is finished, the sooner we can move into a new era of higher wages and stop treating every transfer window like a fucking beggars swap meet.

It's called inexperience. Our usual back 5 has the most experience. Walker is our most experienced longest serving player. Dele, Dier, trip pier, winks, Onomah, janssen, son, wimmer hardly any considerable PL experience. Son has the most league football experience.

It's also leadership, playing for the team, managing pressure and stress without being dependent on external factors. Redknapp was brilliant at this. He had VdV and Ledley. It's these kind of players Poch needs. I see some in Lamela and Toby.

Back
Top Bottom