Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Jan and his partner have become regular contributors..."

Has he got himself a girlfriend or do they just mean Toby :sonhmm::kanehand:
bstngp.gif

That's terrible...

You went for Toby instead of Mousa, I mean come on!

tumblr_mkj4k2lAT91r8e765o1_400.gif

His long was Kane out with his injury? Looked very similar, hope I'm wrong and it's only a mild sprain. Won't really know for a few days because that thing is going to swell up like a balloon.

Will pray very hard that it is not as bad as I fear it to be. Although Big Kev did a great job last season, that was a 442 formation, will he be OK if we carry on with 3 at the back?

Will pray very hard that it is not as bad as I fear it to be. Although Big Kev did a great job last season, that was a 442 formation, will he be OK if we carry on with 3 at the back?

I think so.

I mean Chelsea are doing just fine with Gary Cahill and Azpilicueta - I am sure Wimmer would fit in perfectly fine. His passing is a very underrated part of his game. Whilst we probably won't see him bursting forward like Vertonghen and closing down the opposition on the edge of their box, we'll have a very solid and reliable centre half partnering Dier and Alderweireld.

I think so.

I mean Chelsea are doing just fine with Gary Cahill and Azpilicueta - I am sure Wimmer would fit in perfectly fine. His passing is a very underrated part of his game. Whilst we probably won't see him bursting forward like Vertonghen and closing down the opposition on the edge of their box, we'll have a very solid and reliable centre half partnering Dier and Alderweireld.

I'm sure Davies or Wimmer will be able to step in, but watching the game back again when I got home today noticed how many quick forward passes Jan makes... he will be A big miss so let's hope he gets back quick.

I think so.

That makes 0 sense as usual. Wtf does Chelsea have to do with how well Wimmer does for us?

That makes 0 sense as usual. Wtf does Chelsea have to do with how well Wimmer does for us?

Chelsea have the second best defence in the league but they have defenders with limited ability. It's the system that makes the team hard to break down when they are well drilled, not necessarily the personnel. I don't think Wimmer coming in will affect us defensively overall. We still have Alderweireld at the back who raises everyones game and Wanyama/Dembele in front make a very good shield.

Chelsea have the second best defence in the league but they have defenders with limited ability. It's the system that makes the team hard to break down when they are well drilled, not necessarily the personnel. I don't think Wimmer coming in will affect us defensively overall. We still have Alderweireld at the back who raises everyones game and Wanyama/Dembele in front make a very good shield.
Their defenders don't have limited ability at all - do you even watch football? There's a reason even Ivanovic can't get in this team.

Be that as it may - none of this has ANY effect on Wimmer's success (or failure).

Their defenders don't have limited ability at all - do you even watch football? There's a reason even Ivanovic can't get in this team.

Be that as it may - none of this has ANY effect on Wimmer's success (or failure).
Its you that clearly doesnt watch football.

What Totti is saying is pretty much spot on. Nobody in their right mind would say that any of the chelski back 3 are necessarily especially good cb's and would all probably struggle if Chelski were playing a back 2 (maybe Cahill but still) but Conte has adopted a formation that plays to their strengths and most importantly it hides their weaknesses.

Back
Top Bottom