Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its you that clearly doesnt watch football.

What Totti is saying is pretty much spot on. Nobody in their right mind would say that any of the chelski back 3 are necessarily especially good cb's and would all probably struggle if Chelski were playing a back 2 (maybe Cahill but still) but Conte has adopted a formation that plays to their strengths and most importantly it hides their weaknesses.
Yes - best defensive record prior to last week and most clean sheets on the PL - all thanks to shit CBs. It was all Moses and Pedro doing all that defensive work - LOL. - Azpilicueta would walk into any PL team. Don't let your personal dislike towards posters who have owned you in the past lead you to post such laughable hogwash

Yes - best defensive record prior to last week and most clean sheets on the PL - all thanks to shit CBs. It was all Moses and Pedro doing all that defensive work - LOL. - Azpilicueta would walk into any PL team. Don't let your personal dislike towards posters who have owned you in the past lead you to post such laughable hogwash
Who would you drop for Azpilicueta in our team?

You "owned me" by stating Janssen was not losing the ball against Villla (despite someone posting the stats of the half) and continuously stating we did not play 3 at the back against Watford. You're either a delusional twat or simply thick as pig shit.

None of Cahill, Luiz or Azpilacueta are especially good cb's. When Chelski were not playing 3 at the back Cahill was getting slaughtered for his eratic performances and the other 2 wern't much better. Do you think its simply a coincidence that they all suddenly looked much better when Conte changed formations? Jesus christ man.

You "owned me" by stating Janssen was not losing the ball against Villla (despite someone posting the stats of the half) and continuously stating we did not play 3 at the back against Watford. You're either a delusional twat or simply thick as pig shit.

None of Cahill, Luiz or Azpilacueta are especially good cb's. When Chelski were not playing 3 at the back Cahill was getting slaughtered for his eratic performances and the other 2 wern't much better. Do you think its simply a coincidence that they all suddenly looked much better when Conte changed formations? Jesus christ man.
Yes - because you go from 4 to 3 at the back when your CBs are shit... and then all of a sudden they become great and you're the best defensive team in the league. Or you simply drop Terry and Ivanovic. Hmmm

Kante is helping the three centre backs out a lot too. I mean you only have to look at Leicesters defence last season to how they're performing this year without him. Chelsea's three centre halves aren't world class. Amazingly, only Luiz has performed at a high level this season, Azipilicueta is getting praise simply because he's a full back playing well at centre half. Cahill is just shit.

Yes - because you go from 4 to 3 at the back when your CBs are shit... and then all of a sudden they become great and you're the best defensive team in the league. Or you simply drop Terry and Ivanovic. Hmmm
Terry didn't even play in their early season loses to gooner scum and liverpool so what on God's green earth are you talking about?

Terry didn't even play in their early season loses to gooner scum and liverpool so what on God's green earth are you talking about?
Just give up already - you're talking utter bollox. Go wank over Janssen not being on the bench - you seem to be gleeing with joy seeing one of your own fail. Mr Supporter

They aren't shit. They are great defenders. But none of them are without weaknesses. For once I partly agree with Arcspace: They would walk into most teams' back line. They are, however, looking even better than they are, as the 3 CB system helps them disguise their weaknesses.

Look at our Dier: As a CB he's always looked a bit dodgy, a bit lacking on awareness and concentration. That has mostly been invisible in the back trio (except for the Hazard header in the Chelsea game, that was awful).

A Norwegian pundit (Hangeland) recently set up the "best team" picked from the squads of Liverpool and United, ahead of the game tomorrow. The defense was:
Valencia, Matip, Jones, Milner

Seeing that, does anyone still think the Chelsea defenders are bad?

Just give up already - you're talking utter bollox. Go wank over Janssen not being on the bench - you seem to be gleeing with joy seeing one of your own fail. Mr Supporter
Why are you changing the subject lol?

John terry DID NOT PLAY when they lost to Woolwich and Liverpool so how exactly have you decided in your warped mind that droping him was the the reason in an upturn in form and not the formation change?

Why are you changing the subject lol?

John terry DID NOT PLAY when they lost to Woolwich and Liverpool so how exactly have you decided in your warped mind that droping him was the the reason in an upturn in form and not the formation change?
So just to be clear - they went to a 'harder' formation with shit CBs yet they did better defensively than anyone in the league and all that INSPITE of the 3 CBs being any good?

How convenient to ignore the Janssen hate - you're scum in my eyes btw - only scum would want a signing to fail so you can score internet brownie points

They aren't shit. They are great defenders. But none of them are without weaknesses. For once I partly agree with Arcspace: They would walk into most teams' back line. They are, however, looking even better than they are, as the 3 CB system helps them disguise their weaknesses.

Look at our Dier: As a CB he's always looked a bit dodgy, a bit lacking on awareness and concentration. That has mostly been invisible in the back trio (except for the Hazard header in the Chelsea game, that was awful).

A Norwegian pundit (Hangeland) recently set up the "best team" picked from the squads of Liverpool and United, ahead of the game tomorrow. The defense was:
Valencia, Matip, Jones, Milner

Seeing that, does anyone still think the Chelsea defenders are bad?
Nobody even said they were bad or shit or anything (it was only Arcsapce the troll claiming people were saying that). My argument is similar to yours....the formation makes them look better than they actually are and it hides their weaknesses (not just Chelski but most teams that use the formation).

So just to be clear - they went to a 'harder' formation with shit CBs yet they did better defensively than anyone in the league and all that INSPITE of the 3 CBs being any good?

How convenient to ignore the Janssen hate - you're scum in my eyes btw - only scum would want a signing to fail so you can score internet brownie points
Who said their cb's were shit? Point me to where someone said that please?

Nobody even said they were bad or shit or anything (it was only Arcsapce the troll claiming people were saying that). My argument is similar to yours....the formation makes them look better than they actually are and it hides their weaknesses (not just Chelski but most teams that use the formation).

Yeah, I had a look at the previous page and saw that (to no surprise) I actually agreed more with you and Totti.

Back
Top Bottom