Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to a Liverpool fan today and he was actually gushing about the quality of players we had. It felt really fucking weird.
We are in a good place I reckon and when we make some signings which will happen it will feel better:
PS I always feel more confident after a Poch press conference, he must be a terrific motivator!

Im starting to think Poch is becoming even more determined to prove them all wrong and do it his way to be honest
I get your point but that alone is not enough mate, and lest people forget he ain't on the pitch.

Someone needs to get hold of Levy and shake him from his stupor and quickly before the main reason for the majority of players keeping their counsel voices his doubts.

I remember maybe only 5 or so years ago, I'd watch every champions league match I could and every premier league match on tv. I used to actually enjoy it. But these last few seasons have been missing something for me.

That was me as well. Infact, last season, I often couldn't be bothered watching match of the day either and I would set it to record on Sky plus, and I'd end up with 4 or 5 unwatched episodes, and maybe when I had a spare hour and I was bored I'd skim through the big games and then just delete them. Whereas before I'd watch all the Champions League games and Europa live games then every game on match of the day, I don't think I actually watched a single non-Spurs European match last season.

What i've also found is that football is getting to be the same everywhere you go. I used to love watching the world cup as you'd get to see such contrasting styles. The British/Irish up and at 'em hard tackling, pressing and direct balls into the box. Then you'd get the Italian chess pieces, the Spanish and Portuguese flair and technique. The dutch passing and movement. You'd get the slavic countries who were lightweight players but very technical on the ball. The Germans seemed to always just have a good mix of all the European approaches.

But then what i really loved about the world cup was you'd get to see these totally alien styles of play the South Americans with their crazy dribbling skills, their tricks, back flicks and stuff and the crazy goalkeepers. There was always a South American country that had a goalkeeper that was nuts and would take all the free-kicks and penalties. More of the South American players would actually play in South America back then so they were now overly coached like the European players.

Then you'd get the crazy African teams with zero tactical discipline, flying into tactics and just dribbling everywhere and shooting from long range. Although the N. African teams combined that with the more European tactical approach. I just used to love all the different styles.

I also loved how there were more maverick players back then. Like you'd get players like Di Canio or Matt Le Tissier, or Roberto Mancini who just seemed to be given a free-role to do what they liked.

These days, players are all the same bland broad brush of overly coached tactical athlete.

The most maverick they get is having a ridiculous haircut and a range of pants like Pogba.

Football is certainly a lot more boring these days.

I remember maybe only 5 or so years ago, I'd watch every champions league match I could and every premier league match on tv. I used to actually enjoy it. But these last few seasons have been missing something for me.
In my experience, I'd say a lot of that has to do with how things go as you age. I suppose I still know people who are getting on that are massive sport fans but most that I know have slowly lost most of the enthusiasm. When you start getting into your later 20s and on all the other things in life start taking your free time focus, work, family, etc., etc.

I still watch a lot, but not nearly as much as I used to - and that's across the board, I used to watch Wimbledon Day 1...I haven't even tuned in for a final in 4 or 5 years. Spurs and U of Memphis basketball are really the only things I watch these days, both on the tv or live...occasionally an American football game, but that's really just an excuse to drink.

I see Son is available for Sunday......if only we spent 44M on Costa to cover his injury that will keep him out for months
Is he going to start?
He's not played one competitive match pre season and Wanymahas had 45 mins.
Anyway, the club said he would be back in September so those, like me, who assumed he would be were only listening to the club.
Maybe he's only being selected becuase we would be threadbare on the bench otherwise.
We would have only
Wimmer
Wanyama or Dier
Winks
Janssen
Available on the bench with PL experience .
If we play 3 at the back with Sissoko at RWB
Wimmer
Wanyama or Winks
Janssen

I get your point but that alone is not enough mate, and lest people forget he ain't on the pitch.

Someone needs to get hold of Levy and shake him from his stupor and quickly before the main reason for the majority of players keeping their counsel voices his doubts.

Maybe the majority of players chose to respect their renewed contracts and think Rose is a cock

Is he going to start?
He's not played one competitive match pre season and Wanymahas had 45 mins.
Anyway, the club said he would be back in September so those, like me, who assumed he would be were only listening to the club.
Maybe he's only being selected becuase we would be threadbare on the bench otherwise.
We would have only
Wimmer
Wanyama or Dier
Winks
Janssen
Available on the bench with PL experience .
If we play 3 at the back with Sissoko at RWB
Wimmer
Wanyama or Winks
Janssen

I dont know if he'll start......pre season is overratted he played last season and has trained through the summer. It was only May the season finished, its not like he loses his health in 10 weeks.

The point was, he is back in the fold.....I dont believe in signing players to cover a broken arm

I don't know why I'm getting my hopes up for Davinson Sanchez. He's such a perfect fit for Poch's 3 CB system. And that's exactly why it won't happen.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom