Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watched the highlights on Spurs TV. For Harry's first goal, Davies turned to the Spurs fan with a clenched fist. Rose never does things like that, and actually when he scores he seems to make a point of not going towards the fans but turns his back on them to go to the players. He should stay back up all season and only be bought in for games where his pace is needed, and then he bugger off back up north in the the Summer and we can bring in Sessegnon perhaps.

Just watched the highlights on Spurs TV. For Harry's first goal, Davies turned to the Spurs fan with a clenched fist. Rose never does things like that, and actually when he scores he seems to make a point of not going towards the fans but turns his back on them to go to the players. He should stay back up all season and only be bought in for games where his pace is needed, and then he bugger off back up north in the the Summer and we can bring in Sessegnon perhaps.
If you don't like what Rose did that's absolutely fine and OK to say that (I hate what he did). But please don't invent stuff just to beat on someone.

If you don't like what Rose did that's absolutely fine and OK to say that (I hate what he did). But please don't invent stuff just to beat on someone.
Really fucking pissed me off when he didn't send me a Christmas card. Fucking cunt.

No, honestly, I noticed this before the article, the guy has a real problem with us, Spurs fans. I don't think he likes us very much. He got a tough time on occasion and there were a lot of negative comments when he signed a new contract when Poch first came and it appears he really took this to heart, which is pretty petty, considering all the positive that come with being a professional footballer.

No, honestly, I noticed this before the article, the guy has a real problem with us, Spurs fans. I don't think he likes us very much. He got a tough time on occasion and there were a lot of negative comments when he signed a new contract when Poch first came and it appears he really took this to heart, which is pretty petty, considering all the positive that come with being a professional footballer.
Nonsense.

Poch said he apologised and it was in the past
If he wants to get away with apologising behind closed doors he should've kept his concerns about his low salary behind closed doors.

He offended the fans, he needs to apologise to the fans or we have every right to boo him till he cries. If he can arrange an interview in a national paper to piss us off, he can arrange an apology in a national paper to try and make amends.

We have every right to boo him till he cries. If he can arrange an interview in a national paper to piss us off, he can arrange an apology in a national paper to try and make amends.

I doubt he is physically able. Where do you think Poch got the "headbutt" idea from?? :)
Has Rose actually been seen at all since the article??

No doubt Davies isn't perfect and has his faults. But Rose simply should not be allowed to walk back into the team until he comes out with a full and proper apology. If he refuses he can sit out the rest of his long contract, "underpaid" as the second choice left back. When he looks back on his career, that Sun interview must be the turning point where it all went downhill for him, not the point where he got his big break like he had been hoping.
Said nothing more than many fans were saying about wanting better players to be bought. Now we have strengthened then he should be happy and I want the best players players not sitting on the sidelines. No disrespect to Davies but Rose is better

I made a post a few weeks ago saying that during the friendlies he was getting into the box more and that Poch seemed to have plans for him. I also predicted he'd be far more involved in goals, scoring and assisting.

Scored against Newcastle.
Made a run into the box and shot, keeper saved and Eriksen scored rebound.
Makes a great cross into Kane for another assist.

I called it spot on. Someone suck off my ego, please. I'm feeling under appreciated and my self esteem is plummeting to new found depths.

Davies is actually very good at those 'inverse runs' that everybody was sucking off Leighton Baines for a few seasons or two ago when he was actually good. He doesn't overlap too much because he isn't blessed with great pace but he makes intelligent movements which help build the attack.

As Jayc1 Jayc1 has mentioned he is finding himself in the box quite often recently which is great for our attacking play to stop us becoming predictable - something we have struggled with in the past. His shot across Pickford for the Eriksen goal was actually a very good shot as well.

Back
Top Bottom