Newport County v. Tottenham Hotspur ||| FA Cup 4th round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't complain about the results. We were fucking horrendous in the first half and they took advantage. All credit to them.

Second half we have little or no creativity until Alli came on.

We will crush them at Wembley but I am pleased in a masochistic way that they are getting a big pay day.

The Everton game was after the Spammers match and was one of our best performances of the season. Last two games have been very poor (Soton and Newport) BUT we didn't lose either of them and hopefully Toby and Eriksen will be back soon.

I'm going on Weds so will be fired up and will get behind the boys.

COYS
Ah yes quite right you are

Still I'm hoping this isn't a trend

Fans and team together need to make a real effort from here on in .... the business end of the season

Im getting stuck in as well

COYS

Just got to put that down to being a totally alien environment. Mess of a soaked Rugby pitch, long balls, time wasting and long throws, blowing a gale, rain, opponents playing on raw adrenaline, hideous Welsh fans (joke boyos). And no little underlying complacency no doubt.

Gah! Fair play, much credit to a smaller side when having a "big team" play them at home. Thank fuck we had Kane on hand to deliver the goods, as it seems the team Poch had out there wasn't doing us any favours. I expect us to do the business properly at Wembley, and will be a nice day out for their fanbase I'm sure!

Actually feel quite proud of the lads tonight. Didn't play well but hung in there and showed some battling qualities if nothing else .
We're still in the cup whereas Spurs of old would have buckled to a humiliating defeat.
They'll get their night at Wembley which they deserve, and we'll go through to the fifth round.

I have had a few beers today mind, so my perspective could change as I sober up.

You've been saying for 6 months "WE ARE THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM" with regards to attracting players, then a game like that fills you with pride

Too many players playing badly. Dier (first half) Llorente Wanyama, Trippier, foyth & Walker Peters not really good enough yet. However Sissoko had a decent game. Why no Eriksen as 3rd sub. Even if ill surely if on bench could manage 10 mins. Just glad still in it and know from previous cup wins that a lucky escape does not mean you cannot win it.

Back
Top Bottom