FA Cup replay vs Newport. 7th Feb, 19:45KO (Moura is ineligible this round due to FA Rules Cup)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is there a reason why you doubt we can beat anyone over 2 legs?
I also believe we are good enough to win the CL, on our day we can beat anyone, the CL acutally suits us as teams will come to play, anyhow onto the match thread, if we have to go full strength to beat fucking Newport (no disrespect :dierpochhug:)
Something is wrong! Surely our squad is good enough to win, while giving the likes of Kane, Eriksen, Jan, Dembele a rest?

If Poch plays Kane and he ends up getting a knock that means he misses the Woolwich game, how can anyone in their right mind say it was worth the risk because the FA Cup is also important. Its genuinely fucking mental, and I will stand by that no matter what the line up.

Its the wrong decision to play these players tomorrow, and will just back up what I said in the window that there is not enough rotation, and having a squad is fairly pointless if games like this, right in the middle of the next fixtures are deemed as not worthy enough to play the fringe players.

I'm heading up with the gf for this. It's a massive ball-ache as she's a teacher so it involves picking her up from work, bombing up the M4, hoping that there no incidents on the way. I'm making the midweek effort cos she has never seen Spurs score live - we've either lost or drawn 0-0. This has to break her duck surely! If it doesn't, either she never attends a game again or we're over! Unfortunately, it quite conceivable that I'll never find anyone if this relationship ends - I'm well aware I'm no oil-painting and seriously punching above my considerable weight - so we have to win!

Easy 4-0 win please :)
Is that her to your left there? ;)

If we’re totally honest, this replay was the last thing we needed. Obviously I’m glad we’re still in the cup, but it’s come at the wrong time.

Obviously it helps with injured players getting some minutes and fringe players getting the chance to impress.

- Vorm -
- Trippier - Alderweirled - Foyth - KWP -
- Wanyama - Winks -
- Lamela - Sissoko - Son -
- Llorente -
Although I know Son will start Saturday as well, we need a threat up there which he offers. Also, we’ll have the benefit on Lucas on Saturday as well.

If we’re totally honest, this replay was the last thing we needed. Obviously I’m glad we’re still in the cup, but it’s come at the wrong time.

Obviously it helps with injured players getting some minutes and fringe players getting the chance to impress.

- Vorm -
- Trippier - Alderweirled - Foyth - KWP -
- Wanyama - Winks -
- Lamela - Sissoko - Son -
- Llorente -
Although I know Son will start Saturday as well, we need a threat up there which he offers. Also, we’ll have the benefit on Lucas on Saturday as well.
Said this earlier it probably wasn’t what we originally wanted but now how timely that we can get a meaningful run out in a competitive game for Rose, Toby, Big Vic and Winks. Aurier hasn’t played for a couple of games and Dier needs a performance to knock some confidence back in. Foyth needs some game time and Moura gets to travel with the team and go through our match routine before the NLD

Said this earlier it probably wasn’t what we originally wanted but now how timely that we can get a meaningful run out in a competitive game for Rose, Toby, Big Vic and Winks. Aurier hasn’t played for a couple of games and Dier needs a performance to knock some confidence back in. Foyth needs some game time and Moura gets to travel with the team and go through our match routine before the NLD
Oh and Lamela

Surely Lucas Moura should start this game? Is there a reason why no one has him in their starting 11’s here?

I hope Poch gives the players coming back from injury a run this game as we have some big games coming up and they’ll need to be sharp for them.

————————Vorm—————————
Aurier—Alderweireld—Foyth————Rose
————-——-Dier—Winks———————
Lucas Moura——Lamela——————-Son
—————-——Llorente————————

Surely Lucas Moura should start this game? Is there a reason why no one has him in their starting 11’s here?

I hope Poch gives the players coming back from injury a run this game as we have some big games coming up and they’ll need to be sharp for them.

————————Vorm—————————
—————-——Llorente————————
He is not allowed to play in this game

If Poch plays Kane and he ends up getting a knock that means he misses the Woolwich game, how can anyone in their right mind say it was worth the risk because the FA Cup is also important. Its genuinely fucking mental, and I will stand by that no matter what the line up.

Its the wrong decision to play these players tomorrow, and will just back up what I said in the window that there is not enough rotation, and having a squad is fairly pointless if games like this, right in the middle of the next fixtures are deemed as not worthy enough to play the fringe players.

The way I also see it, is that if you are one of the fringe players at spurs, and you can't even get some minutes against Newport, when exactly will you get some minutes to impress?

I think now with Toby back, Poch will look to revert to a back 3,

- Vorm -
- Alderweirled - Foyth -Davies-
KWP. - Wanyama - Sissoko- -Rose-
- Lamela - winks
- Llorente -

————————Vorm—————————
—————-——Llorente————————

Sigh....

Rochdale - Millwall about to kick off. I think I'd rather Rochdale won, purely on the basis that all that 45-year old flat cap plenty of claret givin' it large-mob handed dahn our manor in a Bermondsey Market Stone Island knock-off anorak is about as appealing as imagining Piers Morgan and Donald Trump nude wrestling

————————Vorm—————————
—————-——Llorente————————

He is not allowed to play in this game
Maybe someone should rename the thread title: The Moura Ineligible Cup tie

But its not belief alone when you take 10pts off Dortmund and Real madrid scoring 9 goals in the four games.
We have the best striker in the world and in my opinion one of the best managers.

Jan, Toby, Lloris, Wanyama, Dele, Eriksen, Dembele, Son, Moura are among the best players in Europe on their day.
Then we have the likes of Dier, Aurier, Davies, Trippier, Winks, Sanchez, Rose, Lamela who are all top, top draw players on their day. They have proven themselves this season already in the CL.

Its a cup run, and lesser squads have gone all the way and won.
If your'e looking at Newport and turning your nose up at Juve, then Im not sure why you've been longing for top players for the whole of January. Top players dont join teams to take the easy path in domestic cups.

You are writing betwixt stools of belief and luck.

I don't think we will win the Champion's League whoever we play, want to see us take tomorrow seriously by having Kane, Alli and Eriksen on the bench just in case they are needed and nothing more or less.

That's my bit on it. Quite why you are taking a stance when we near enough agree about tomorrow's line-up but respectfully disagree re: the Champions League is beyond me.

You are writing betwixt stools of belief and luck.

I don't think we will win the Champion's League whoever we play, want to see us take tomorrow seriously by having Kane, Alli and Eriksen on the bench just in case they are needed and nothing more or less.

That's my bit on it. Quite why you are taking a stance when we near enough agree about tomorrow's line-up but respectfully disagree re: the Champions League is beyond me.
I just showed you it wasn't luck. We beat Real Madrid and held them away.
I outlined the quality of our players and manager.

You don't think we can win the CL is as valid as me thinking we can, so your views on that are no more than beliefs either.

It's beyond you why I've taken a stance to disagree regarding the CL? Well I do disagree.
Regarding tomorrow, it was you that quoted my initial post with the opening line "mate no", then proceeded to tell me we need to win the game.

I want to win it to. I just don't believe we should have to resort to bringing on Harry Kane or Eriksen to do that, otherwise our fringe players must be pretty fucking shit to be honest and 50% of the squad must need seriously looking at.

Get through this, and it won't be too long until the rest start moaning and/or petitioning the FA to change the venue for the final on the basis that, should we get there, we'd have a de facto home game.

Back
Top Bottom