Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exclusive: Toby Alderweireld's Tottenham future in fresh doubt with Belgian to be left at home for Juventus match' | via @telegraph Exclusive: Toby Alderweireld's Tottenham future in fresh doubt with Belgian to be left at home for Juventus match

Fuck him. If he doesn’t want to be here then get rid. It’s no surprise that Poch bought 2 CB’s last Summer. He has planned for this eventuality. I’m not keen on players who hold the club to ransom. So fuck off to Bayern you hair obsessed twat.

Last edited:
Fuck him. If he doesn’t want to be here then get rid. It’s no surprise that Poch bought 2 CB’s last season. He has planned for this eventually.

Couldn't agree more, if he don't buy into the project let's get rid, but I'm not reading to much into this yet, Toby is a great CB, one of the best for sure, but if he is not 100% ready why should we drop Sanchez who has been excellent so far, I also think Jan is now the best CB we have now, not Toby.

Couldn't agree more, if he don't buy into the project let's get rid, but I'm not reading to much into this yet, Toby is a great CB, one of the best for sure, but if he is not 100% ready why should we drop Sanchez who has been excellent so far, I also think Jan is now the best CB we have now, not Toby.

I think Poch, with his recent signings at CB, has anticipated this all along. I fully support him in not taking Alderweireld to Turin. He’s not the future.

Last edited:
I think Poch, with his recent signings at CB, has anticipated this all along. I fully support him in not take Alderweireld to Turin. He’s not the future.

Foyth and Sanchez are brilliant signings, even more so when VVD went for 75 million! if Toby wants to go we can't stop him, I just hope it's not to a rival!any way if he does leave, he will be the one crying when he sees us win the league and CL double in our new stadium next season!

Foyth and Sanchez are brilliant signings, even more so when VVD went for 75 million! if Toby wants to go we can't stop him, I just hope it's not to a rival!any way if he does leave, he will be the one crying when he sees us win the league and CL double in our new stadium next season!

But he’ll have lots of money, and fair enough. I won’t support any player who wants out.

What have contracts got to do with whether a player leaves or stays?

I don't think contracts mean much these days, players and there agents have to much influence on transfers, once a players head is turned there is no way of stopping them really, if you refuse to sell then they will just refuse to turn up to train!

What have contracts got to do with whether a player leaves or stays?

The value the club gets for their player .... it's not rocket science ..... Woolwich have shown how 'not to do it' losing one player for a fraction of his value to an EPL rival and having to pay another player 18m a year to turn up when he feels like it ....

If Toby wants a 'big move' then he will get it, but it will be on DL's terms .....

The value the club gets for their player .... it's not rocket science .....

Well technically you could make the player train and play in the reserves till the end of his contract and then he could leave on a free, doubt many clubs would want to acutally do this though as agents are like a mafia and the club would find it hard to sign players with that kind of reputation

Bayern are not a league rival. This is why it will probably happen.
If he actually wants to go and we got top dollar for him, then so be it. At least the ridiculous price of VVD would give us a barometer for how much to sell for.

We’re like a hydra anyway - cut off one head and we’ll reinvest in talented youth that will probably make us stronger as a whole.

UxpGte4.gif

Though we need to keep our heads about this. If Toby holds the club to ransom and fucks off, then by all means we can slag him off.
However, there could be nothing sinister in this and anyone wanting to fuck him off already is just playing into the scummy media’s hands.

Liverpool did it right with Coutinho - tell the player they can go in the next window, but in the mean time they give everything for the club. IF Toby wants to go I suggest they take that route with him. If he wants a massive salary increase at Spurs, pay the man, because he is close to being the best centre back in the world.

Let's not all melt just yet. He's been out for months. The team is performing. Poch may have sat him down and told him that if he wants to push to start quicker then he needs to get his fitness back. Much better to stay home and work than fly to Italy when he won't be on the bench. I'll start to worry in a few weeks if there still no sign of him.

Ffs he’s only just returning from injury. Most likely not ready to chuck into an extremely important CL tie. Poch rarely rushes players back. Chill y’all.
Voices of reason.
He still has just a tad under 2.5 years left on his contract. No need to lose our shit because he's not going to Turin.

Voices of reason.
He still has just a tad under 2.5 years left on his contract. No need to lose our shit because he's not going to Turin.

Agree. Only worry is if this paper talk isn’t BS (suspect it is), then we’re a CB injury away from looking very short (plus we’ve just removed Foyth from the CL squad)

Back
Top Bottom