Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Best pic yet!
DZuQTwCW4AILPGj.jpg

He really thrives being a villain and not that many his age do. He just has zero fucks to give, its brilliant.
His work in the Eriksen goal typifies his efforts this season, while he doesn't score or assist every game he does bring something always in other ways.
I hope he stays with us a very long time, I absolutely love him.

He really thrives being a villain and not that many his age do. He just has zero fucks to give, its brilliant.
His work in the Eriksen goal typifies his efforts this season, while he doesn't score or assist every game he does bring something always in other ways.
I hope he stays with us a very long time, I absolutely love him.

He probably won’t stay with us. Obviously I hope he does, but he’s single-minded and driven (part of what makes him so good), so if he gets a better offer elsewhere I’d expect him to take it.

That’s not a criticism. It’s just my observations on the kind of person I think he is. It was similar with Bale, and completely different to Kane.

Hopefully we can pay what Dele and Kane want, because right now we have the two brightest home talents in English football.

Benefitted greatly in Kane's absence, seems to be reverting to last years role, way more forward and pro active.
Hope Poch keeps pushing him up there with Harry on the pitch

Hey Sammy ... on your 52" plasma was Dele worth a start?
Benefited greatly in Kane's absence - moronic comment, how does a player benefit from losing a world class player alongside him? Let's drop all our best players to help out the ones left .... doh
Reverting to last years role - it's the same role he's played all feckin' season, well maybe not on your 52" plasma ...
Hope Poch keeps pushing him up there - what bollocks? I guess on your 52" plasma Poch has been playing in defence ....

Sorry mate ... you're just a total loser ...

DELE he's feckin' great .... Sammy he's just a cnut ......

Last edited:
He probably won’t stay with us. Obviously I hope he does, but he’s single-minded and driven (part of what makes him so good), so if he gets a better offer elsewhere I’d expect him to take it.

That’s not a criticism. It’s just my observations on the kind of person I think he is. It was similar with Bale, and completely different to Kane.

Hopefully we can pay what Dele and Kane want, because right now we have the two brightest home talents in English football.

Thing is with Bale he was a one man army and totally outgrew us, it was perfectly natural for him to move on. Dele is growing with us, and while I don't think he has quite the same Spurs blood as Kane, you can't underestimate how good it is to work everyday with people you like and respect, should we add trophies as well it will only help us keep players like Dele.
For the most part I have never seen a more united Spurs team, and this bond should keep them together a while yet.
I really hope so anyway.

Thing is with Bale he was a one man army and totally outgrew us, it was perfectly natural for him to move on. Dele is growing with us, and while I don't think he has quite the same Spurs blood as Kane, you can't underestimate how good it is to work everyday with people you like and respect, should we add trophies as well it will only help us keep players like Dele.
For the most part I have never seen a more united Spurs team, and this bond should keep them together a while yet.
I really hope so anyway.

I think there’s the possibility that he’ll prefer the stability of Pochettino and this Spurs side, but he seems like a gambler who doesn’t care what others think. I like that about him, but I’ve never had the impression that he’s a lifer.

According to sunday supplement, Lingard is now definitely ahead of Dele.

Un-fucking-believable.
How about now?
:allitongue:

Honestly, I'm not even that mad at the shithouse punditry we've seen over the last fortnight making a scapegoat out of him after, what, 30 minutes of play time for England?
If anything, this fuels Dele's fire and makes him determined to prove the doubters wrong.

After the audio rimming of Jesse Lingard I've had to endure listening to Talksport on the way to/from Ikea last week (who is 25 years old, by the way) it's fucking marvellous for Dele to grab the media narrative by the collar and steer it back his way.

I find the narrative that he's having a down year to be a tad trite. He is scoring less, but creating more, which is the same as every player we have except Kane and Son.

Dele is maturing as a player and despite the claims he is an immature diver, he really has proven to be the opposite. This year he's shown an admirable focus on not getting wound up and has stopped giving away the cheap fouls, while he's also a less spectacular but more effective passer in the final third.

If the press and England team want to stick to this "Dele's in a slump" narrative, I'm ok with him getting a more restful summer before breaking their hearts next year.

I find the narrative that he's having a down year to be a tad trite. He is scoring less, but creating more, which is the same as every player we have except Kane and Son.

Dele is maturing as a player and despite the claims he is an immature diver, he really has proven to be the opposite. This year he's shown an admirable focus on not getting wound up and has stopped giving away the cheap fouls, while he's also a less spectacular but more effective passer in the final third.

If the press and England team want to stick to this "Dele's in a slump" narrative, I'm ok with him getting a more restful summer before breaking their hearts next year.
It's almost like Alli's season has been as transitional as Spurs'. We're building the new stadium, ready to kick on our development - and likewise he's been trying to find a way to match his fantastic first two years with us.

Personally, I think he's less 'showy' but been more and more involved in our general play than he was before. In time, I reckon he'll bring it all together to fantastic effect. I mean, Jesus, if Lingard can supposedly 'click' at 25 (and it's an awful lot of premature hype, I feel) then surely Dele can be forgiven some dip in form at 21. His piss-boiling nature (and the fact he plays for us) unfortunately gives him little slack from the media.

For Dele, (and England's sake!) I'd still love to see him go to Russia in the summer. Him and Kane linking up internationally would be a lot of fun.

Good point, I have slated his immaturity but he has really focused the silly kicks at players into just walking off.
Doesn’t even go head to head with people and all that anymore and deserves lots of credit for it.
He gives that feeling of shoving it up oppo fans when he scores that no other player can.

Ive said it before about Alli, he needs to play on instinct. The talent is there he just needs to let it happen. His first goal he reacted to the moment, he wouldn't be able to tell you why it happened. The second was pure determination. Hes over all game is football clever. When he is showboating, trying to be clever to entertain, he loses the plot for me. its not about keeping it simple, its doing whats right. Still young and learning, it would be a travesty if he is not in the England 11.

How about now?
After the audio rimming of Jesse Lingard I've had to endure listening to Talksport on the way to/from Ikea last week (who is 25 years old, by the way) it's fucking marvellous for Dele to grab the media narrative by the collar and steer it back his way.
This. I've got a mate who's a Man Utd fan (from Cornwall, obviously). He was banging on the other night about how Lingard is the future and Dele has had his chance and is past it. Dele is 21, Lingard is 25, how does that even begin to make sense?

Hey Sammy ... on your 52" plasma was Dele worth a start?
Benefited greatly in Kane's absence - moronic comment, how does a player benefit from losing a world class player alongside him? Let's drop all our best players to help out the ones left .... doh
Reverting to last years role - it's the same role he's played all feckin' season, well maybe not on your 52" plasma ...
Hope Poch keeps pushing him up there - what bollocks? I guess on your 52" plasma Poch has been playing in defence ....

Sorry mate ... you're just a total loser ...

DELE he's feckin' great .... Sammy he's just a cnut ......
opions, that was makes football? or stats which i hate as much as Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom