2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ultimately, football to me is mostly about self expression and creativity, not the transient bragging rights or meaningless baubles that I will never physically touch.

You were doing so well, and I understood what you were getting at until this. There are many ways to skin a cat etc.

But you got football all the way fucked up if you think tribalism isn't a key and major part of the game. You can be above that, cool. But it's you that is the anomaly in this case and you must understand that getting one over your opponents and bragging about it is what provides some of the most satisfactory moments.

But I agree to an extent, I fell in love with the game first and foremost.

Example being, Dennis Bergkamp is such a beauty to watch and a great example of The Beautiful Game.

That said, he's Gooner scum.

Last edited:
Hmmm...

Might get some hate for this, but I'd rather we didn't start down the road of "Tottenham won the World Cup". That's West Ham's cringey shit.
Absolutely not.

This England side has Spurs written all over it. Way moreso than West Ham in '66 (Liverpool had the same amount of players in the squad).

The attitude, the likeability, the oneness, the ethos and the desire for changing of old attitudes stinks of Poch's Spurs and that should be celebrated irrespective of whether we go out to Sweden or win it.

DhQHd9vXcAEoR0h.jpg:large

The above is the low point for me when it comes to England. A group of vile players playing stagnant and uninspired football, turning on the rightfully pissed off supporters that made the journey to South Africa.

Even if we lose to Sweden this team has shown some genuine character, which I think is all that most fans have ever asked for.

I was thinking about this the other day and for me it is a prime example of weak mentality. Put Kane in Rooney's position there, he would never react and if questioned on the boos he would say he understands why the England fans are angry and they are going to put everything in to fix that.

Rooney was a great player but would of been so much more with a better attitude.

I was thinking about this the other day and for me it is a prime example of weak mentality. Put Kane in Rooney's position there, he would never react and if questioned on the boos he would say he understands why the England fans are angry and they are going to put everything in to fix that.

Rooney was a great player but would of been so much more with a better attitude.

I have no doubts Kane is a much nicer guy than Rooney and could end up being the better player as well, but I think management plays a role too and the environment in the camp. I remember that World Cup and it appeared to be a toxic environment - Capello control-freakery in the camp and big egos like "JT" rebelling at every opportunity. The team in charge need to be congratulated for de-toxifying England. However I do agree that individual responsibility plays a key role - Kane seems to know what it means to be an England captain and how one should conduct oneself. In fact all the players have done us proud in that respect so far.

Personally I wasn't nervous at all when Tripper stepped up as he's such a good technician.

Another point - linked to above post. Trippier in his post-match interview actually blamed himself for the late goal being conceded against Col. Refreshing humility - couldn't see "JT"/Rooney taking responsibility like that for their own errors. The massive hype of the golden generation fed too many bloated egos.

I'm loving seeing Spurs players doing so well for England. It definitely makes up for two years ago when we were blamed for England losing to Iceland.

I do appreciate they Spurs have many fans from a variety of countries but the more they shine on the international stage the better it is for us.

Could be the difference between going out in a FA Cup semi-final to going all the way and winning it. CL as well.

Anyway, what do we think of tomorrow's games?

Both 50-50 for me but we shall see.

Another point - linked to above post. Trippier in his post-match interview actually blamed himself for the late goal being conceded against Col. Refreshing humility - couldn't see "JT"/Rooney taking responsibility like that for their own errors. The massive hype of the golden generation fed too many bloated egos.
Likewise Dier reiterating his determination to score his penalty, to make amends for his headed miss towards the end of the game... a miss that wasn't as bad as one or two other missed chances by others on the night!!
Very refreshing attitude...
and not a SINGLE BOTTLE in sight!!!
:kaneear::kaneshh:

Is Cavani definitely out? I forgot about that. Makes France firm favourites if he is.

I made some rash judgements about Brazil and Belgium on Monday so will remain non-committal but it should be a great game.

Uruguay have a tight defence and know when to use the dark arts, think France will sneak it by the odd goal.

Back
Top Bottom