Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Juve is going to be incredibly strong...

[formation=433, Szczesny, Cancelo, Barzagli, Chiellini, Alex Sandro, Cuadrado/Can, Pjanic, Matuidi, Dybala, Higuain, Ronaldo][/formation]
I'm not overly impressed with their goalkeeper and midfield. It's night and day if you compare it to Real Madrid's or Man. City's for that matter.

I'm not overly impressed with their goalkeeper and midfield. It's night and day if you compare it to Real Madrid's or Man. City's for that matter.
The goalkeepers are the Polish and Perin, excellent top-level goalkeepers. Buffon is only one. The midfield is with Pjanic, Can, Matuidi, Khedira and offensive players like Cuadrado, Douglas Costa, Bernardeschi.

[formation=433, Szczesny, Cancelo, Barzagli, Chiellini, Alex Sandro, Cuadrado/Can, Pjanic, Matuidi, Dybala, Higuain, Ronaldo][/formation]
Barzagli will almost never play. The company confirmed it to act as tutor to the new Caldara, a very good defender bought two years ago and loaned to Atalanta where he matured. I do not know if Benatia and / or Rugani remain. In midfield I forgot Bentancur, 20 years old in Uruguay (at 18 he was the owner in Boca Junior)

The goalkeepers are the Polish and Perin, excellent top-level goalkeepers. Buffon is only one. The midfield is with Pjanic, Can, Matuidi, Khedira and offensive players like Cuadrado, Douglas Costa, Bernardeschi.
I was replying to his XI with Pjanic, Cuadrado/Can and Matuidi in midfield and it's safe to say that it is nowhere near elite level (Modric, Kroos, Casemiro for example). It's a very decent team though and undoubtedly tough to beat, but I'm not that impressed.

I was replying to his XI with Pjanic, Cuadrado/Can and Matuidi in midfield and it's safe to say that it is nowhere near elite level (Modric, Kroos, Casemiro for example). It's a very decent team though and undoubtedly tough to beat, but I'm not that impressed.
Modric, Kroos and Casemiro have proved to be a great midfield, Juventus has great potential. Pjanic will become the top

JUVE 1 (4-3-3):
Szczesny; Cancelo, Caldara, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Emre Can, Pjanic, Matuidi; Dybala, Cristiano Ronaldo, Douglas Costa

JUVE 2 (4-2-3-1):
Szczesny; Cancelo, Caldara, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Emre Can, Pjanic; Douglas Costa, Dybala, Mandzukic; Cristiano Ronaldo.

Juventus has been planning growth for 10 years. First the new stadium then this year the new sports center Continassa (first was Vinovo) and Cristiano Ronaldo. He surprised all of us Juventus fans.
Not talking bad about them absolutely. Just making a regard in the way juve is just so well planned. Way way above all the other Italian sides

Not talking bad about them absolutely. Just making a regard in the way juve is just so well planned. Way way above all the other Italian sides

I know you are very correct. Andrea Agnelli since the beginning of his presidency (May 2010) has completed the construction of the Juventus Stadium (started in 2009 by the previous President) and above all he has made a player buying campaign (Marotta is the sports director who decides) without ever spending the budget and paying attention to the players expiring contract. Pirlo at Milan was considered a former player but he has done so much for another 5 years. Tevez was discarded by Manchester City, Pogba from Manchester United, Vidal from Bayern Leverkusen. Dybala was taken from Palermo as a young promise. Each year the level is raised. Of course, Cristiano Ronaldo I didn’t expect ...

tuttosport_11_luglio_lrp0x.jpg

Hate to say it, but that's a very good signing for them. Could have a similar impact to Payet IF he decides to put in the effort.
On his day he can be great, just like Arnautovic, Shaqiri and then the ultimate show-pony Konoplyanka. The thing is they very rarely have their day. They are either not selected to be played, having a sulk, just not interested, may be just not that good after all. Yarmolenko was one of those players being pushed by his club and agent heavily 18 months ago, we were linked, which is what you do when you market a player across Europe. He's made just 18 appearances for Dortmund, 18!!!! If he was any good he would have played more, still be at Dortmund. His best game I bet was against us at Wembley when he scored what was a lovely goal despite it being fucking offside in the build up.

So, no doubt there will be a game where he plays very well, everyone will be drawn to this game like a month to a light bulb and then hang onto that until he has another good performance 10 or 15 games latter, forgetting all the average stuff in the games in-between. With these players just go a take a look at what their fans think of them. Stoke fans can't stand Shaqiri, they think he's one of the laziest players they have ever seen. Sevilla fans watched the Youtube clips on Konoplyanka, he scored a couple of gaols early on which put him in good steed but feel by the wayside and hardly seen again. I don't know what BVB fans think of this fella but seeing he's only made 18 appearances my guess there are no tears shed.

Oh yeah, Yarmolenko is a potential flop - but for £17m in todays market he's worth a punt. If he can somehow find anything close to his Kiev form then it'll loop like a bargain.

He'll be a hit with the fans in any case:

In a match in October 2015, Yarmolenko committed a dangerous challenge which almost broke Shakhtar Donetsk player Taras Stepanenko's leg. The two reconciled after the game and exchanged jerseys, but afterwards Yarmolenko threw Stepanenko's shirt on the ground while he thanked the Dynamo fans. In the Shakhtar–Dynamo derby in April 2016, after the former won 3–0, Stepanenko stepped in front of the Dynamo fans kissing his Shakhtar badge. In a brawl that escalated, Yarmolenko kicked and beat Stepanenko to the ground

Back
Top Bottom