Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BXNQj49.jpg

I’ve no problem with the vast majority on here. Some of the people I think are cunts are from London and go every game.
Some of the best posters are foreign and never stepped foot in England.
Your smear campaign crashed on take off.
I think you are a fairweather cunt.
It doesn’t mean I think all danish Spurs are.
Just you.

Yet you posted this below a few hours earlier

You’re not connected to Spurs, or London or England. No history or links to us.

What I should give a fuck that some bloke in Alice Springs thinks our signings are shit?

If a supporter lucky enough to live near WHL and attend every match came out with these comments I'd be disappointed, but for someone who themselves lives abroad, rarely if ever attends a match themselves to come out with such comments regarding our overseas supporters is ignorant beyond belief.

It seems what your saying is you'll accept and embrace our foreign and overseas supporters so long as they agree with you, otherwise they can fuck off!

Staggering

Last edited:

If a supporter lucky enough to live near WHL and attend every match came out with these comments I'd be disappointed, but for someone who themselves lives abroad, rarely if ever attends a match themselves to come out with such comments regarding our overseas supporters is ignorant beyond belief.

It seems what your saying is you'll accept and embrace our foreign and overseas supporters so long as they agree with you, otherwise they can fuck off!

Staggering

Staggering
I’ve always found the overseas supporters to be some of the most die-hard. I am one myself nowadays after all. My uncle who lives in England and goes to games probably couldn’t name our starting line up. We’re a global club and we should be proud of it!

The academy is the epitome of not having to spend big or proven.....it backs my point even further. So you mean take them out the list and suddenly the rest of that group look like bad business for 80M?

What, Kane for free is not good......should have bought Lukaku for 70M perhaps?

Lamela took two years to resemble a footballer. Im adressing the notion that spending big to immediately improve the first team is the way to go when it has worked once in some 15 years.
The last one I can remember was Berbatov, and he only cost 10M (admittedly a lot for us then)

How can people look at our squad and say that cheap players from lower or lesser leagues are the minority of success stories for us?
No one was creaming for Eriksen, he was as much as a punt as Son, yet cost 8M less.

Dont just second question my post, explain your thinking.....do you look at Dembele for 8M from Fulham and say "naaaah, dont want that kind of punt on some crap, we need proven"?

Im asking genuionely, I cant fathom the thinking, of disregarding something thats proven to work for us time and time and time again, and favour an approach that has failed for us time and time and time again.
Explain, please...
I understand your point, but relative to Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and now City ( who clubs know will pay extra and players want to join for ££ or their historical/recent success) we can’t compete now.
Didn’t Dembele cost £15m and was then our record transfer arrival. We also bought Vertonghen for £10m .( Woolwich bought Cazorla for £20m Podolski for £11m that year.)
Modric cost £16.5m in 08/09 and was our record transfer.

(Put that into perspective Woolwich and Chelsea’s op spends we’re £15m on Arshavin and 16m for Boswinga )

At the time, Modric, Bent, Dembele we’re not cheap signings they were our record transfers.
£16m Modric cost in 08/09

What we paid for Lloris £8m or £12m if they got the extras wasn’t exactly cheap for a keeper in 12/13 either.
Especially when we have to give Lyon just under a 1/4 of any sell on fee.

Remember when we bought Gascoigne it was the most a British club had paid for a player.

We do things differently now. That’s all.
Spending massive amounts sometimes works.
It doesn’t matter so much to Chelsea, City or Man U if they flop.

Was Lukakau any better when he signed from West Brom?
Chelsea only got £8m more than they paid for him selling him to Everton.
Despite him scoring 17 and 15 league goals in each loan season.
Then scored less league goals in his first season at Everton before bettering his first loan season at WBA by one more league goal the next.
His 25 league goal season made him worth £75m?
32 goals on loan in 2 seasons
53 in 3 after being sold.
That’s £47m increase for 21 more goals over one more season.

Back
Top Bottom