Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:avbshit:
I think it was a rhetorical question.
Like “do I really have to explain this to you?” Kind of thing.
giphy.gif

Back in May, the only transfer I felt we needed was a Dembele-esque player since he looks like he only has a season or so left in him. Other than that, I just hoped that we would hold onto as many first team players as we could and we've done that (so far). I really don't think we need players like Zaha or Martial and if Toby does stay that would be better than any transfer.
Although I do hope there is some kind contingency defender lined up if we do sell Toby, especially if we're planning on playing the 3 center back system next season.

Pick the example that bucks the rule, rather than follows it, to prove your point. Classic.

How many Xavi's are there in the world?

Genuinely amazed Guardiola, the fraud, managed to turn Silva into a successful central midfielder when he's making on average less tackles per game than Eriksen every year.

Your creative central midfielder in a 3 isn't there for to top tackling charts. Plus, Eriksen is the best footballer in our team at closing down passing lanes.

That's a special case mate. Barcelona in the Spanish league. In England, your CM needs to know how to tackle.

In a midfield 3, not entirely. Especially if your creative midfielder happens to cover more ground than almost anyone else anyway.

This isn't Ozil we are talking about converting.

Sorry mate, your magnum opus is fundamentally flawed, as it doesn't mention The Hood. So fucking depressing i have him on ignore. I guess he might have brightened up since then, thus your ommission?
Isn't he a gooner like Mindblown? Sure someone outed him a while back? But yea, depressing but didn't make the cut.

Sorry mate, your magnum opus is fundamentally flawed, as it doesn't mention The Hood. So fucking depressing i have him on ignore. I guess he might have brightened up since then, thus your ommission?

I never used to have anyone on ignore but once I broke my duck I went in to a frenzy. It makes some threads tricky to read but the lack of negativity is liberating. Highly recommended.

Genuinely amazed Guardiola, the fraud, managed to turn Silva into a successful central midfielder when he's making on average less tackles per game than Eriksen every year.

Your creative central midfielder in a 3 isn't there for to top tackling charts. Plus, Eriksen is the best footballer in our team at closing down passing lanes.
I understand your perspective here, but you're using anomalies as examples of proof it works rather than the trend.

How could anyone be upset with this formation...

Tripps - Sanchez - Jan - Davies
----------------Dier
-------Eriksen - - - Dele
Lucas ------ Kane -------Son

Why does a CM need to tackle? Honestly?
This isn't the 90s and we're not talking about a cm in a 4-4-2. Is iniesta good at tackling ? How about silva and de buyne? Are Kroos and modric known for their tackling, teams who play with a 3 in the middle tend to have a holding mid and 2 creative midfielders next to them.

Back
Top Bottom