Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Neither Sissoko nor Amos look like DM's to me. Not natural ones anyway. I know Sissoko played there a bit last season but I imagine it was always alongside Wanyama or Dier, a proper DM. I don't necessarily disagree with you, but we can't be 100% sure whether we've properly switched to 4-3-3 until Dier and/or Wanyama are available.

We played Mason/Bentaleb in a midfield two and neither of those were defensive midfielders. Its a pre season friendly, not a league game.

I'm not saying we've 100% switched but the fact we've worked so hard on it would probably be an indicator that Poch is thinking about it. Most of the top teams in Europe play 433. It suits our press. It provides us with more pace and gives us more creativity from the middle of the field.

Seems a no brainer.

Guess we won't know until 11am next Saturday.

Neither Sissoko nor Amos look like DM's to me. Not natural ones anyway. I know Sissoko played there a bit last season but I imagine it was always alongside Wanyama or Dier, a proper DM. I don't necessarily disagree with you, but we can't be 100% sure whether we've properly switched to 4-3-3 until Dier and/or Wanyama are available.

Especially since our performances have gone as those two have gone over the past few years. That role is the fulcrum of the whole thing.

no.gif

United really have more favorable contacts to float bullshit in the media than we do. Work on that, Levy.

Go on then lads...

Premier League newcomers Fulham have signed defender Alfie Mawson from Swansea City on a four-year contract in a deal that could cost up to £20m.

Fulham have already signed Serbia striker Aleksandar Mitrovic for a reported £22m, Spanish goalkeeper Fabri, £5m from Besiktas, German forward Andre Schurrle on loan from Borussia Dortmund, as well as £30m on Ivory Coast midfielder Jean Michael Seri and French defender Maxime le Marchand from Nice.

I actually really like this link to Cook. Classy on the ball, young and English - i rate the fella from what ive seen of him. Also not a shortarse

Go on then lads...

Premier League newcomers Fulham have signed defender Alfie Mawson from Swansea City on a four-year contract in a deal that could cost up to £20m.

Fulham have already signed Serbia striker Aleksandar Mitrovic for a reported £22m, Spanish goalkeeper Fabri, £5m from Besiktas, German forward Andre Schurrle on loan from Borussia Dortmund, as well as £30m on Ivory Coast midfielder Jean Michael Seri and French defender Maxime le Marchand from Nice.

And will still finish bottom half of the table

TFC Sceptics, who do we think will be the first of the #allgood crew to break?

I reckon Sammy and Totti and Airfix will go down with the ship, but I sense that Macch is teetering. Guido might fall after that

:levylol:

Maybe I'll be joining you in the doldrums soon afterall.... :llorishowudoin:

That may very well be true, but the "lost trust" doesn't mean those guys won't require elite players to replace what they have given us.

Davies replaced Rose. 18+ months ago.
Sanchez essentially replaced Toby last year.

...Effectively bench players. Not necessarily a pre-requisite that they're "elite"/world-class.

God-mode Dembele... Gonna be tough to replace tho'. :pochsulk:

Only talking about Toby

How long should we wait for Toby to renew?

What happens if he forces a move away AFTER our buying window closes and leaves us in the shit in terms of CB depth (Foyth injured... Dier shackled to DM til further notice)?

Last edited:
Dembele and Rose past their past = bollocks. Dembele has got better every season he has been with us. Rose didn’t play last season. Season before quality.

Fake news.

Last season: Played for both England & Spurs - Looks nothing like his former self.
Season before: Injured for 2nd half of season. Davies came in... Made #1 his own.

Back
Top Bottom