Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Announcing Spurs will listen to offers for Alderweireld and Rose is genius by Levy. It’s no secret United are/have been keen on both, and what this does is makes Woodward and Moutinho play their hand. The news of Spurs willing to listen to offers will interest other clubs, which will worry United.

Levy clearly wants £50m or Martial involved. As for Rose, he disrespected the club, something Poch hates.

Dembele isn’t getting any younger, and he’s starting his last year of his contract. Makes sense to listen to offers now.

What a BOLD fucking cunt Mourinho is thinking we’ll sell him Toby and/or Rose - no problem - but the player we want in return? Nope sorry not fucking happening

Thought it was fair play from Levy to quote then €75 mill for Toby just as a fuck you

Destestable cunt Jose is :dembelefingers:

Dembele peaked in 2015-16, but its not like we have someone who can take his place and perform at the same level he does now.

We saw him make a huge impact in many games (some big) as a starter last year. He's just not a 90min man anymore.

We'll run him into the ground if he stays another year... He'll know this... It's reportedly why he was eyeing up a move in the first place. If all parties are cool with this, then I'll be happy to see him stay, but what Dembele wants plays a big part here and I wish him well whatever he choses.

aurier can play l/b
Yes but he’s another right footed player who’s not comfortable trying to beat , cross /pull back, defend on his left foot.

Most sensible players will put you under the press and force you into turning onto your uncomfortable left.
Look at Maguire in the WC. Having to turn around( going to his left) into limited space becuase of the touchline when closed down. No option to pass forwards with his right and so goes backwards to keeper or accross the box to Stones etc, instead of using his left to release it forwards.
Making unforced errors.

Also messes up the balance imo

No coincidence KWP had his best game v Milan in the ICC.

I think he made one cross with his left foot when at LB.
A decent one it must be said. Yet it was from deep and he had time.

I suppose you have to trust in the manager.

Interesting that Hodgson said Palace don’t have the funds to buy big this summer, but are now paying Neyer a reported £170k a week and reportedly agreed a £20m+ deal for Ings.

Haven't most of our high-priced transfers usually turned out to be flops?

Sissoko
Soldado
Some argue Lamela is
Even Son took a year and a half to settle

Sanchez and Lamela are imo the only high priced players that have been worth their fee so far.

We have a history of buying cheap players and turning them into class. Why do we want to get away from a winning formula?

Sissoko
Soldado
Some argue Lamela is

Sanchez and Lamela are imo the only high priced players that have been worth their fee so far.

We have a history of buying cheap players and turning them into class. Why do we want to get away from a winning formula?
You think Son isn’t worth his fee?

Sissoko
Soldado
Some argue Lamela is

The only problem I have with that is that a lot of those cheap players turned out to be shit too imo.

I feel that for our team you can only say that the transfer price isn't a good predictor of how well the player will or* will not fit in.

Back
Top Bottom