Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Except he didn’t say he wasn’t relaxed and upset about transfers.
He kind of did:

After the pre-season match against Barcelona on Saturday night Pochettino was asked if he was relaxed and he answered: "Yes of course....

However, fast forward a few days to the end of the tour though and it was pointed out to the Argentine that he seemed quite happy if Spurs did not bring in any new players during the window.

"No I am not relaxed. I am a coach and when you are a coach you cannot be relaxed," he said. "You need to be confident and trust in the people that you have, and the way we work.​

There’s not much else left is there.
If you discount the ones like Martial, Zaha, Kovacic....ones that are unlikely.
It looks like there is either a massive surprise coming or just Grealish

Yeah, I've just re-read the quotes and it has been massively taken out of context.

I agree. What I think the case is Poch doesnt want just anyone. I think he has players he wants, and if they are unavailable or really are too expensive then he doesn't want to sign any make do's in their place.

I still think a Martial for Alderweireld plus cash will go to deadline day, and I think the majority of our business depends on this. As long as that's not agreed then they will be keeping tabs on Zaha. Grealish is a maybe as I don't think Levy will pay over the odds, and I don't think he was one of Poch's initial targets. I can see a centre mid coming in though.

Last edited:
"for different reasons it's been difficult to add players who can help us"

I imagine Levy haters will say its because Levy isn't providing the money and backing Poch

Others could argue its because either players have signed new deals, clubs aren't willing to sell or are simply pricing us out.

I still think we'll get signings. Hopefully once the windows over we can all back the team again.

People moan that we usually settle for Pochs 3rd and 4th choices or get in players like NKoudou and Njie but maybe Poch this year has decided he'd rather give youth a chance if he can't get his main choices because he doesn't want to waste money for the sake of it.

RVt0kc1.gif

Please, comment on my post, make me feel better. I think things are looking pretty dark right now
If you seriously think the “things look dark” for Spurs right now, how the fuck did you cope when we were a mid-table side? Or when we battled relegation? This is literally the best we’ve had it for decades, what’s the matter with you miserable fuckers that can’t just enjoy it?? Or are you actually just a 15 year old thats been following Spurs for about 2 years?

The same Trippier who made the right wing-back spot his own for England over Walker? Think your posts through first please....
Hmmm trippier World Cup was amazing. But he only played right back because Southgate wasn’t going to play jones as center back. He trusted more in Walker out of position than a natural like jones. If England played a flat 4 defence tripps would be the Walker backup. Walker is a better player.

Same bunch this time last year, "We're selling our 2nd choice RB for 50mil, excellent business."

Same bunch again this time, "Meh Sanchez is much better than Toby, good riddance".

It's as if they live in alternate universe ffs.
It works both ways. There were some saying we’d struggle for top 6 after last summer. Trippier is good, Walker is better, Sanchez is good, Toby is better - individually. But Poch is clearly going for more than individual talent. He wants people that are committed and want to be here and fit into his system and philosophy. I would imagine that our target list is much shorter than some of our competitors because of this.

I think I identify a behavioral pattern with Mr Levy, that is acting like a scrooge till the last moment, then panicking.

Do all these names ring a bell ?

Saha
Nelsen
Dempsey
Stambouli
Nkoudou
Sissoko
Llorente

I am fed up of all this, personally I now hope we either save it all till the next window and plan properly, or bring 1 or 2 class players in like Ndombele.

My nightmare is yet another last minute panic buy

We need to move upwards with 1-2 top class players, but none is better then wasting money...again !!

Pochettino: “But of course football is always about adding more quality every season like different clubs, our contenders are doing. If we cannot do that we need to try to be creative and of course the help from the younger players would be amazing".

How a man that was there for Poch's comments can misinterpret them is quite amazing.

Thne I remember, he suffers from mediaritis

I share your sentiment, but considering how eager many of our fans are to do the same, honestly who can blame the media for spinning their bullshit?

There’s not much else left is there.
If you discount the ones like Martial, Zaha, Kovacic....ones that are unlikely.
It looks like there is either a massive surprise coming or just Grealish
The feasible in departures Toby and Rose and ins Grealish, Martial and Shaw.
Don't expect anyone else.

Come on we're on the cusp of something special. Once we're in the stadium and the naming rights sponsor is in place virtually clearing the debt you'll start to see us operate at a different level competing more with Pool, Arse and Chelscum, if you're expecting us to go all City or United (or Pool this year) you'll be sadly disappointed. We'll always operate within our means, just our means will be much greater than they ever have been.

Also if the players you mentioned do decide to leave, we'll get a decent fee and replace them with new ones. Chances are though when they start playing in the new stadium they won't want to leave unless a Real or Barca come in for them. If they do.want to go then, we'll replace them.

In 10 years if all goes to plan we'll be seen as one of the big boys but with a period of winning trophies behind us.

Have some faith
Doesn't fill me with confidence, sorry

Back
Top Bottom