Manchester United @ Old Trafford (Mon 27 Aug)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually though Jose got his tactics spot on in the first half. They were overloading in wide areas so or FBs couldn't get forward to cause damage. Beating the press with cute switches of play knowing dier and dembele aren't mobile enough to get over and cover. Their pressing was good too.

The end result was more thanks to Poch seemingly bringing out a bit more confidence from our boys at half time to play their game. It so easily could have gone to the usual script if lukaku scores that 1 on 1 but the gods were smiling on us yesterday.

Spot on mate.

Just re-watched the game....

Not so I could provide you all with an in depth analysis and tactical break-down... Just so I can enjoy running round the front room with no shirt on all over again! :freundgoal::freundgoal::freundgoal:

Can't express how much I love Poch for what he's done for us... For giving me the pride I so regularly feel.

Mission: League Champs. I believe.

COYS!!!!! :tobyarm:

p.s. Hope those working today don't suffer too much from their hangovers and that you all get a chance to laugh at least one Southern-Manc whilst you go about your day today.

drink-it-in-maaan.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe true......but would you not prefer to be on the side of "told you sos" when the club is top of the league rather than bottom of it?.......
My point is there is no "told you so", as I said, nothing has changed. Rafa76 isn't "right" and the people who think we should have strengthened/that the stadium stuff has been badly handled "wrong". It's just there's other things to celebrate now

My point is there is no "told you so", as I said, nothing has changed. Rafa76 isn't "right" and the people who think we should have strengthened/that the stadium stuff has been badly handled "wrong". It's just there's other things to celebrate now

I guess we will see about that when we have a drop in form at some point - it's always happened that way in the past

Rose started really poorly, but improved a lot in the second half, but I think a lot of that was down to lack of playing time. Aurier is a turkey.

When Aurier was about to come on Poch was trying to give him instructions but, to me, it looked as though the door was open but nobody was at home and Aurier’s wide staring eyes like a deer caught in the headlights did worry me

Clearly a lot of work needed but hey ho nothing is going to get to me today after last night

Even did the lawns earlier with a hangover!!

When Aurier was about to come on Poch was trying to give him instructions but, to me, it looked as though the door was open but nobody was at home and Aurier’s wide staring eyes like a deer caught in the headlights did worry me

Clearly a lot of work needed but hey ho nothing is going to get to me today after last night

Even did the lawns earlier with a hangover!!
Clever, I have to use a lawnmower

The variance between what was considered a foul on a red shirt compared to those on a white was fucking huge - the ref did everything thing he possibly could to help them

And it wasn’t just the penalty

Every 50/50 decision went red

Absolute credit to Dele for not going down for a pen when de Gea tried to foul him

Even Powson would have had to give that and send de Gea off and we could have seriously improved our goal difference

Powson now should be demoted to the championship for ten games

Worse than Anthony Taylor and I never thought I’d ever say that

This is why poch is the most important man at the club. Obviously never saw us in the 60’s or 80’s but since the 90’s by a mile the most impressive thing that’s happened to us.

To think he built and ran this squad on comparatively a pittance is mind blowing.

Back
Top Bottom