Manchester United @ Old Trafford (Mon 27 Aug)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hello everyone.....how are you all today?

I was just wondering how the many many fans who all slated the club off just a mere three weeks ago are doing?

I hope a little piece of you didn’t die last night.
First Poch, then Dier (remember him saying how the squad can’t wait to “shut up” our doubters), now Kane, all talking about building, not buying.

Remember when we going to fail miserably?
We were a joke?
The club had shit on the fans?
Hahahahaha look at Spurs....

Remember when some of you agreed?

How cringeworthy and predictable that you now want to jump on the bandwagon.

Oh! So now you want Moura and not Martial?

Well done there.....good to see you backing the club when it’s all good. Anyone seen that Carlito fella recently?

DOH!

:kaneear:
Nothing's changed, I still think we should have strengthened in central midfield, I still think the stadium delay has been handled poorly, I'm guessing others still do too.
That has nothing to do with celebrating a great start to the season and getting behind the team to hope it continues.
Your post smacks of "Look at me being right on the internet"

I think it is fair enough for him to be criticised, if you're gonna play that crappy football then you got to get results. First two seasons he didn't win a PL or CL - Mourinho is a short term manager and has been backed with a lot of money up until this season. Not winning either of those two titles in his first seasons already put him on thin ice. This season he's made excuses, actually not had too many players go deep in the world cup compared to us or City, then considered six in two games despite playing negative football. Man United are along with Real Madrid the biggest club in the world so not acceptable for them. I don't think the media are taking it easy on him they are actually going in on him to be fair. An example of his failings was seen today. A couple goals down, one of the most talented English youngsters in Marcus Rashford on the bench - instead of bringing him on they bring on Fellaini and lump it long. If you're gonna play like that at United you need instant results and success.
It's just a shame we couldn't have done what we did to them last night in last season's FA Cup Semi... and that day they were ATROCIOUS!
DloabDjW0AAatzV.jpg

762cbd9275d6a725131a1a2fa1bb4ed0.gif
:roseunsure: << he must be the only person connected to Spurs who did NOT find that amusing! Still, at least he didn't have to 'Google' Lukaku... I assume he's already heard of him!

Great result
Lloris paid back the loyalty showed in him.
Some good individual performances.
Moura looked mustard
I did think it had 0-0 all over it after the first half,but we did what we had to in the 2nd.
Bit worried about Kane though.
He still hasn't scored at Old Trafford in the month of August whilst wearing his favourite paisley underpants that he got for Christmas the other year....

He's come out of nowhere tonight & his goal scoring record at Paris in his last season makes me think he can keep it up. What a dark horse I don't think anyone expected that from him tonight. Fucking beautiful!

Not too bothered about signings, but I’m really excited to see how Lucas goes this season. I think he’s going to be immense. Getting Martial would hinder that, so I’m against signing him. Lucas will prove to be the far superior player imo.

:pochhail:

Be nice to see some praise for our excellent recent record at Old Trafford. 3 wins in the last 6 season's I make it (12/13, 14/15, 18/19).
But... but... but that averages a win once every 2 seasons... that's every OTHER year.... like a 50% win rate... AWAY... now correct me of I'm wrong but isn't that pretty GOOD for an away team at the home FORTRESS of a TOP 6 13 team??
:kaneshh::pochfacepalm:
The media REALLY need to check their workings on calculations before 'slanderering' us with such a piss poor record up there!!

Yeah, yeah, a win over Man United is all very well, but let's move on to more important matters such as what impact - if any - it will have on Liverpool's march to the Championship title? (©BBC Sport)

Last edited:
They looked good for the first 30 mins. But on 35 mins for the first time they held off and allowed us to play the ball around the back. At that point I was hoping they had blown themselves out. This is a team that for 2 years has been sitting back and hitting teams on the break. They go 1-0 up then shut up shop. But you can't just switch on a high energy pressing game and keep it going for long if that's not what you're trained for.

I imagine Maureen's tactics were OK. Let's get the goal in the first half, then stifle Spurs. We'll possibly get a 2nd on the break with Spurs pushing up for the equaliser. 1-0 or even 2-0 job done. But if you're going to play like that you need to take the lead or you can get completely stuffed.

Early on they played like a shitter and less drilled version of Liverpool - you just have to not concede when a team is putting in so much effort early on, they always fade eventually.

Nothing's changed, I still think we should have strengthened in central midfield, I still think the stadium delay has been handled poorly, I'm guessing others still do too.
That has nothing to do with celebrating a great start to the season and getting behind the team to hope it continues.
Your post smacks of "Look at me being right on the internet"

Maybe true......but would you not prefer to be on the side of "told you sos" when the club is top of the league rather than bottom of it?.......

Back
Top Bottom