Manchester United @ Old Trafford (Mon 27 Aug)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still catching my breath.

Superb win but now consigned to history.

Some changes likely for Watford but a great start.

On Moura lets not yet go overboard but it is no coincidence that he possesses the pace many of us have craved under Pochettino in terms of front players.

Of those expected to have left i thought Rose was mostly poor but kept going, that Alderweireld was excellent and Dembele defied his creaking body with that unique blend of power and poise.

Got up at 4.30 am... ( not easy for me ).

Watched the 1st half and was praying for a draw.

Kane scored, so prayed to hang on to 1-0.

Moura scored, got excited.. He did it again and I had to check the screen...

Been a looong time since I have experienced such elation. The 2nd half was sublime. Moura is living up to our high expectations.

Proud as fooking punch. Well done Poch, well done to all involved. Another hoodoo pissed off :)

Aaaaaaaand sure as shit, all the morning paper talk is about Jose losing the plot and nothing else. He's managed to completely turn this about himself as opposed to our emphatic win last night.

Absolute clown of a manager now.

It doesn't change the fact that even in second gear we took our chances and ripped them apart. It just goes to show how much they have slipped down the ladder and how far we've come to being a top side under a great young dynamic manager. All with Poch still learning the managerial side. He's only getting better - I thought his subs were very good and played to our strengths. Theirs was of sheer desperation (Fellaini when you need a win) :dembelelol: and Sanchez, a man who is well known to disappear when the going gets tough and as sure as water is wet he did exactly that last night. I can only remember hearing his name about twice.

This side keeps managing to impress me in new ways. First half we looked tired and slow but our defence dealt with most things thrown at them and at times rode our luck a bit i felt bit the second half we were dynamic and pressured their midfield, we found our passing and the ability to split their defence as we grew into the game. I felt we gave up posession down our right a bit too much at times but UTD were wasteful when they did get forward down that side. Other than that the defence was very good -Jan was outstanding, Toby was a bit rusty but a rusty Toby was still immense (pay him what he wants ffs).

It appears that UTDs season is over already. SCENES!!!!! :levywhoa:

Many have discussed the good, anyone want to delve into the bad?

Rose looked poor. Aurier, I'm sorry, but he's just a dumb bloke. Dier is still someone I can never decide on.

Who you think did great/poor?

Rose looked poor. Aurier, I'm sorry, but he's just a dumb bloke. Dier is still someone I can never decide on.

To be honest, no mate I haven't looked at the bad.
Im sure over the course of the week, I will find something / some one to critique but right now all i see is 3 zip :).

Emotion rollercoaster.
Epic result , outstanding 2nd half .
Great was Moura , the central defenders , Good was Kane 2nd half , Tripps , central midfield , Lloris.
Still a couple of positions can be improved on but blimey who cares today when you play the devil and spank his tail.

Rose was certainly rusty but he still did a half decent job and put in some good tackles and blocks. Aurier wasn't great but he's still learning under Poch and if he sees something in him then I am willing to ride it out and see him grow. Dier, hit and miss, at the moment he's more of a miss but when he decides to play and put a shift in he's a bastard of a player.

Shame for the United fan who was televised praying to God and then crossing himself. I think God might have been a bit busy trying to sort out other more important stuff, and clearly couldn't get round to his prayer till after full time.

Mourinho doing what he does.. No one really talking about the shite UTD players and the result. He has yet again made it about him and taken the heat off the UTD team. Win, lose or draw it is always about Jose.

Just wanted to single out Dembele as well. When was the last time he put in 90 minutes in a high intensity game like that ? I am sure that may mean he may start on the bench on Sunday against Watford, but thought he was massive in the 2nd half.

Still Buzzing, now off to work to turn some stones over and see if I can find any Manure supporters.

Shame for the United fan who was televised praying to God and then crossing himself. I think God might have been a bit busy trying to sort out other more important stuff, and clearly couldn't get round to his prayer till after full time.

I think he was praying to the wrong side, we already have that tied up.

j4Y1Cnh.jpg

I do love how they are in full blown crisis mode now after losing only 2 games in a row. Fucking lol.

Would it be crisis had Citeh beaten them instead, or is it such a shock losing to us and getting battered no less at home, that is what has triggered this crisis talk?

Got to love the commentators making out Maureen is at a tinpot club with a mere £42k transfer budget, like he is really hard done by not getting enough players. Comedy central ffs.

Long may it continue!

Back
Top Bottom