New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Popped up and I can confirm that the megastore is fairly mega, Ledley King was doing a meet and greet, the paving around the store is opened but you can't walk past the west stand main entrance yet.

It is going to be impressive, it really does tower on horizon you can see it as far as the dip from seven sisters road unlike the old ground.

And following last nights news.....

Provincial Putz‏ @provincialputz
Congrats @ChrisCowlin on the contract extension with @SpursOfficial #twomoremonths #COYSpic.twitter.com/C72Tw0Bue0
DqgWsjTWkAAQ_LS.jpg

Look doesn’t bother me we are delayed to the new ground, it’s going to be an amazing venue so sometimes patience is needed. Our Jan transfer window is more of a concern for me.
In my eyes, the problem lies with the financial problems and the extra costs, i don't believe the club when they say the transfer and salary fund isn't affected.
Edit: i mean regarding infrastructure delays I'm so used to delays, i just carry on as normal.
For example crossrail to commute to work, electric overground from woodgrange park to Tottenham, roadworks at Stratford (in progress but delay is inevitable), the endless consulting on River Thames crossings, HS2 vs existing line upgrades, Heathrow runways vs other airports...

Last edited:
My thoughts and prayers are with you both and anyone else who has health issues.
I know that the stadium and all things THFC tend to be all-consuming for people, but there are more important things in life, so let's try and keep a sense of proportion. Once it's opened, all these frustrations will be forgotten.

Does your sir name begin with "L" and you quite bald ?

Does your sir name begin with "L" and you quite bald ?
I know humour is a matter of taste, so I don't normally quote/reply if something doesn't make me smile.
However I do think in this case, your remark was uncalled for, as my post was to provide some solace to two of our fellow supporters who are not having the best of times at the moment, and not for you to make a dig at the chairman.
PS - it's "surname"

I know humour is a matter of taste, so I don't normally quote/reply if something doesn't make me smile.
However I do think in this case, your remark was uncalled for, as my post was to provide some solace to two of our fellow supporters who are not having the best of times at the moment, and not for you to make a dig at the chairman.
PS - it's "surname"

And ‘you’re’ instead of ‘you’, but in fairness I’ve seen his other posts so it’s probably reasonable to assume that he’s typing with his fists.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both and anyone else who has health issues.
I know that the stadium and all things THFC tend to be all-consuming for people, but there are more important things in life, so let's try and keep a sense of proportion. Once it's opened, all these frustrations will be forgotten.
Family and the trials and tribulations of life do put a lot of perspective on things.

And you are 100% right Mrs P that when the stadium is opened, in Jan, March or even next season then we won't care and it will all be forgotten because the stadium will be ours to enjoy for the long term.

Some on here enjoy revelling in the misery a bit to much when there is bad news unfortunately. Personally with the number of games in December, I'm glad they have come out and ruled out the lot rather than go game by game or week by week which just messes the fans around more.

benjomess benjomess and BernardMatthews BernardMatthews my thoughts are with you both, hope the baby and wife are doing well. And that your Dad makes the new stadium - I'm sure he will.

With the tragedy up in Leicester - where the owner and others have likely died - it’s worth remembering that some things are more important than football, bricks, glass and so on, for those moaning about the delay.

We will be in the stadium. It will look magnificent. This will all be forgotten. Up there, people have had their lives changed forever, and that’s before you consider the sport aspect. Have some perspective.

Try not being a miserable cunt. You might find yourself enjoying life a little bit more. You should. It’s short.

With the tragedy up in Leicester - where the owner and others have likely died - it’s worth remembering that some things are more important than football, bricks, glass and so on, for those moaning about the delay.

We will be in the stadium. It will look magnificent. This will all be forgotten. Up there, people have had their lives changed forever, and that’s before you consider the sport aspect. Have some perspective.

Try not being a miserable cunt. You might find yourself enjoying life a little bit more. You should. It’s short.
Well said

Family and the trials and tribulations of life do put a lot of perspective on things.

And you are 100% right Mrs P that when the stadium is opened, in Jan, March or even next season then we won't care and it will all be forgotten because the stadium will be ours to enjoy for the long term.

Some on here enjoy revelling in the misery a bit to much when there is bad news unfortunately. Personally with the number of games in December, I'm glad they have come out and ruled out the lot rather than go game by game or week by week which just messes the fans around more.

benjomess benjomess and BernardMatthews BernardMatthews my thoughts are with you both, hope the baby and wife are doing well. And that your Dad makes the new stadium - I'm sure he will.

Cheers.

All to do with his ticker - I’m not really sure going to the ground is the best thing at all tbh based on recent discussions.

After yesterday with Glenn and the Brighton fan then the Leicester accident it’s a massive reminder to be thankful for what you have got and who knows what tomorrow will bring for any of us.

Toby Smith
‏Verified account @tobysmithphoto
10h10 hours ago

Long productive day @LDNOverground White Hart Lane #station upgrade. @TaylorWoodrow1 & @JGLimited excavating, jacking these box sections under the #railway 1 ft at a time without disturbing existing arches.. Getting ready for the @NewSpursStadium @SpursOfficial crowds.
DqiNL5VX0AAhkoM.jpg

I'd guess the runnel work is part of the work to increase number of tracks to 4, which of course will add train capacity

Good to see more activity to increase transport availability at NWHL

In my eyes, the problem lies with the financial problems and the extra costs, i don't believe the club when they say the transfer and salary fund isn't affected.

Yeah, January will be interesting.

With at least 12 games across all competitions held away from NWHL, plus the NFL game, these delays will have cost an absolute fortune. I've heard £4m a game bandied about (between hire fees and lost revenue). Then you have the non match day lost revenue to add on. Oct, Nov and Dec are a peak period for business conferences and other events, so that will have hurt too.

Then the bits we can't even guess at yet, additional construction costs, litigation etc etc. Most may fall at other doors (mace?) But it is difficult to imagine the club won't face some kind of hit here.

The extended borrowing facilities will ease any immediate cashflow issues but presumably there will be covenants on this facility and the future loan notes potentially restricting the ability to go big in any window in the near future.

All told, you'd imagine the odds are that January will look a lot like the summer window just gone.

Top post!

Get thoroughly fed up sometimes with the negativity from some about what we haven't done or what we are failing to do.

What about what we have achieved, because it can all be gone all too soon.

Toby Smith
‏Verified account @tobysmithphoto
10h10 hours ago

Long productive day @LDNOverground White Hart Lane #station upgrade. @TaylorWoodrow1 & @JGLimited excavating, jacking these box sections under the #railway 1 ft at a time without disturbing existing arches.. Getting ready for the @NewSpursStadium @SpursOfficial crowds.
DqiNL5VX0AAhkoM.jpg

I'd guess the runnel work is part of the work to increase number of tracks to 4, which of course will add train capacity

Good to see more activity to increase transport availability at NWHL
I suppose if there is a positive from the delay it is all the work that has been brought forward and is now being completed ahead of schedule.

Yeah, January will be interesting.

With at least 12 games across all competitions held away from NWHL, plus the NFL game, these delays will have cost an absolute fortune. I've heard £4m a game bandied about (between hire fees and lost revenue). Then you have the non match day lost revenue to add on. Oct, Nov and Dec are a peak period for business conferences and other events, so that will have hurt too.

Then the bits we can't even guess at yet, additional construction costs, litigation etc etc. Most may fall at other doors (mace?) But it is difficult to imagine the club won't face some kind of hit here.

The extended borrowing facilities will ease any immediate cashflow issues but presumably there will be covenants on this facility and the future loan notes potentially restricting the ability to go big in any window in the near future.

All told, you'd imagine the odds are that January will look a lot like the summer window just gone.

Yes, lots of lost revenue opportunities. But compared to the results that Spurs announced with the delay until 2019, the main difference will be the extra rent that Wembley will be charging on the per game basis this season - maybe £1m a game (but anyone's guess) ? So the extra 10 games from the recent delay maybe £10m, and the season to date maybe £25m. And at £2m, maybe £50m more for the season to date - but I think that's probably more than it will actually be.

But as an offset the delay has meant work for the last couple of months will have been done mostly at normal day rates rather than overtime rates, so the labour cost for the last couple of months might have halved (it was a 24 hour a day 7 day a week operation). and that cost saving will be tens of millions of pounds. Against that of course Spurs have brought forward work from next summer so the stadium will probably be all but complete but it maybe that we have spent more in the short term even if the final build cost will be lower.

How the cost of contractors sorting out the 'critical safety systems' works is anybody's guess - I'd guess the original contractors would be invited to rectify any work they did which proved faultily so no extra cost. But if the work was wrongly specified, that will not be as straightforward etc so Spurs may end up with a bill for that.

It may well be that negotiations with various contractors involved in the 'critical safety systems' saga go well into 2019 so not even Levy will know with absolute certainty what the costs of it will be.

Re the restrictions on transfers in the banking covenants, there will usually be a 'carve out' for transfers, but what that number is will be a closely guarded secret, but it will not be zero as the bankers are dependent upon on Spurs being relatively successful to generate the funds to repay the bank loans

Back
Top Bottom