Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs are shoving the “must spend big to compete” mantra so far up everyone’s arses there is a void of confusion for a lot of people, who don’t know what to think.

Spurs fans, oppo fans and media alike, who berated this club and abused Levy and laughed at and mocked us in the summer and weeks following.

Two choices:
Keep pushing the mantra that Spurs are ramming down your throats every week, and look a cunt.

Accept you were wrong, and that every ten thousand word cunt off you got into about it, or article you wrote was a load of bullshit and when push comes to shove your not fit to lace Levy’s boots.

But either way, you look a cunt.

Enjoy January trying to find meaning to your knowledge of what this club is about.

We are under siege.....some of you need to choose which side of the castle walls your on.

Spurs are shoving the “must spend big to compete” mantra so far up everyone’s arses there is a void of confusion for a lot of people, who don’t know what to think.

Spurs fans, oppo fans and media alike, who berated this club and abused Levy and laughed at and mocked us in the summer and weeks following.

Two choices:
Keep pushing the mantra that Spurs are ramming down your throats every week, and look a cunt.

Accept you were wrong, and that every ten thousand word cunt off you got into about it, or article you wrote was a load of bullshit and when push comes to shove your not fit to lace Levy’s boots.

But either way, you look a cunt.

Enjoy January trying to find meaning to your knowledge of what this club is about.

We are under siege.....some of you need to choose which side of the castle walls your on.

Whilst I agree with what you're saying - wouldn't the common response to this be "If we had spent, we may be closer than 6 points" ?

Whilst I agree with what you're saying - wouldn't the common response to this be "If we had spent, we may be closer than 6 points" ?

Possibly. New players aren’t always any guarantee of success. One of the only sensible things that Tyler said during commentary on sunday was that due to a lack of signings we have persevered with players, like sissoko or given opportunities to players like winks and Skipp.

At the end of the day, though, we will never know.

It’s a response that anyone who slagged us off, called the season a write off and the club a joke etc has no right to say though.
None of these people were saying we’d be in the title race in 3rd at Christmas, they were saying we’d be mid table.

So they have no right talking about how we should have spent 140M on Grealish, Ndombele and Zaha to supposedly see us top of the league.

What would have seen us top (wouldn’t even need to be 6pts) was a better approach in the Woolwich game and us not shitting our pants against Liverpool and gifting them two goals.

Nothing to do with the window.

If most of these cretins had their way, Sissoko wouldn’t be here, Trippier and Davies wouldn’t be here and we’d have swapped Toby for Martial who is 10% of the player Son is.
Foyth wouldn’t be here, we’d be bedding in some 60M Eridivisie teenager and probably slagging him off for not being Maldini.
We’d have “Sess” making our flanks a little bit more like Fulhams and NDombele and Grealish doing nothing our own players can’t.

I can promise you, we could have spent 200M, have 5pts less, be in 5th joint with the two scums and all these people would be calling it progress and proof of a great window.
But here we are, and they want to demand signings for a title push.

It’s a response that anyone who slagged us off, called the season a write off and the club a joke etc has no right to say though.
None of these people were saying we’d be in the title race in 3rd at Christmas, they were saying we’d be mid table.

So they have no right talking about how we should have spent 140M on Grealish, Ndombele and Zaha to supposedly see us top of the league.

What would have seen us top (wouldn’t even need to be 6pts) was a better approach in the Woolwich game and us not shitting our pants against Liverpool and gifting them two goals.

Nothing to do with the window.

If most of these cretins had their way, Sissoko wouldn’t be here, Trippier and Davies wouldn’t be here and we’d have swapped Toby for Martial who is 10% of the player Son is.
Foyth wouldn’t be here, we’d be bedding in some 60M Eridivisie teenager and probably slagging him off for not being Maldini.
We’d have “Sess” making our flanks a little bit more like Fulhams and NDombele and Grealish doing nothing our own players can’t.

I can promise you, we could have spent 200M, have 5pts less, be in 5th joint with the two scums and all these people would be calling it progress and proof of a great window.
But here we are, and they want to demand signings for a title push.
I'd be very pleased if we let Vorm leave and brought in a young English keeper for third string duty. No need to use three foreign player slots up all at goal keeper.

Not exactly breaking the bank, but even if we didn't replace them I'd also cut GKN and Janssen loose.

If we had spent, it is likely that things such as Sissoko's revival would not have happened, as there would have been no reason to play him. Same with Foyth, Winks, Kyle Walker-Peters and others. Tottenham have had to make better use of their existing players and youth players to compensate for the lack of players coming in.

This would not have happened if we didn't spend.

I'd be very pleased if we let Vorm leave and brought in a young English keeper for third string duty. No need to use three foreign player slots up all at goal keeper.

Not exactly breaking the bank, but even if we didn't replace them I'd also cut GKN and Janssen loose.

I doubt we’d get any money for either really. Yet both are costing money.

If we had spent, it is likely that things such as Sissoko's revival would not have happened, as there would have been no reason to play him. Same with Foyth, Winks, Kyle Walker-Peters and others. Tottenham have had to make better use of their existing players and youth players to compensate for the lack of players coming in.

This would not have happened if we didn't spend.

...Adding Skip to that list too.

Hmmmm, academy products & making others better through coaching.... Just like the last time our academy gave us a shot in the arm when things looked rough (Harry, Mase, Bentaleb).... Fuck me, you'd almost be forgiven for thinking that was the whole point in Levy investing in such things in the first place.

I know the eternal malcontents will be hoping otherwise, but I for one hope our current ethos doesn't go flying out the window the moment we feel a bit more financially comfy after our moving in party... Sure increase the player budget but let's carry on in the same manner. Evidently it's a leveller in a game where most clubs fill there squad with merc's in hope of success.

Well we probably would have replaced Sissoko.......so, no.

I'll say it.... No Sissoko, no CL knockouts stages.

Honestly, who could we have realistically landed who'd have GUARANTEED to have hit the ground running and delivered the level of performances he has over the last 2 months?

Grealish? Barrios? N'Dombele? Kovacic?

I'll wait.

Honestly, who could we have realistically landed who'd have GUARANTEED to have hit the ground running and delivered the level of performances he has over the last 2 months?

I'll wait.

Grealish is the only one who could have added something, as we could have him in the squad as well as Sissoko.

But nearly all the evidence points to the opposite - Fulham spent 102m - West Ham 96m - Leicester 81m - Everton 80m - Utd 71m ..... how well are they all doing?

The only club who have 'bought' success last summer are the Dippers with 167m ... and yes if we'd spent 160m on two top players we may have a point or two more ... but then again like the majority of big spenders we may also have not .....

Watching MOTD2 again and the commentator has a breakdown when Kane scores our third.
Spurs 3rd goal after 42 minutes!
Everton scored after 24 minutes.

That's 3 goals in under 18 minutes.
I've never heard a commentary where the opening goal was ignored.

Grabs tin hat....

Its fucking weird.

I'll wait.
You cannot know that for sure so pointless argument. New signings might have improved us and seen us lose 2 instead of 4 games. Or made us worse and seen us drop even more points. So the debate is fruitless, imv. This isn’t science

But nearly all the evidence points to the opposite - Fulham spent 102m - West Ham 96m - Leicester 81m - Everton 80m - Utd 71m ..... how well are they all doing?
Spending and spending big on shit are 2 separate things. We were never the latter - instead always looking for a good deal or a young promising player. I don’t recall anyone calling for 150m spend bar the gooner trolls.

To the best of my memory most only wanted a quality CM added which is still the case and possibly a young LB for the future depending on how the Rose saga developed.

The only club who have 'bought' success last summer are the Dippers with 167m ... and yes if we'd spent 160m on two top players we may have a point or two more ... but then again like the majority of big spenders we may also have not .....
and even then, the dippers net spend may 2016 to 2018 was 720K. even now, their netspend since the beginning of that period is in the region of 50 odd million, and ours is 30 odd million. not that much different in the grand scheme of things.

and even then, the dippers net spend may 2016 to 2018 was 720K. even now, their netspend since the beginning of that period is in the region of 50 odd million, and ours is 30 odd million. not that much different in the grand scheme of things.
They have improved their team no doubt - only an idiot would claim otherwise.

Although they had much more ‘work’ to do than us including a new CM partnership, keeper and a CB partnership. Essentially we only needed one new addition - every other position was/is covered well, imv.

Back
Top Bottom