January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The stadium is not ready yet so I doubt very much Levy will be in spending mood.

Isco is available apparently and if £50m and reasonable wages then it will be a good buy.

£50m! club won't pay that.

We have a hell of a team now, don't need to invest 50 millions in players like Isco who shouldn't be ahead of any of our attacking midfielders if bought. Now is the time to buy for the future, the only position I think we could and should improve is midfield and Ndombele would be my first choice, if it's possible to get him.

We have a hell of a team now, don't need to invest 50 millions in players like Isco who shouldn't be ahead of any of our attacking midfielders if bought. Now is the time to buy for the future, the only position I think we could and should improve is midfield and Ndombele would be my first choice, if it's possible to get him.
Our most obvious weaknesses lie in central midfiled and fullback positions. However it would be crazy not to take a punt on a player of that calibre given Eriksen's contract situation.

The points tally this season massively flatters us.

We are conceding more chances and creating much less than both 2016/17 and 2017/18.
We created 76 chances last season according to the PL's own statistics pages. We're at 33 so far this season so we are not far off equaling that. Our offensive is not that far off last seasons with the difference being that we have more players producing goals and not as reliant on Kane.

The stadium is not ready yet so I doubt very much Levy will be in spending mood.

Isco is available apparently and if £50m and reasonable wages then it will be a good buy.

£50m! club won't pay that.

Should try and work a loan move for 18 months - include some future fee if he hits a target agreement.

Bayern did something like that with Rodriguez

There’s your £50 million (& some) gone with N’Dombele.
Would be a great signing, & agree that’s where we should be investing, but he won’t be coming to us cheap.

There’s your £50 million (& some) gone with N’Dombele.
Would be a great signing, & agree that’s where we should be investing, but he won’t be coming to us cheap.
PSG is running away with the French league, but Lyon is still in contention for a champions league spot, so they'd have good reason not to want to let N'Dombele go now.

We'd be fecking smart to pay up (even if a lot) and get a deal done ahead of summer though.

We've been approached with a 'telephone number' offer for Eriksen this January, it's a person-to-person offer and will only be made official if we indicate that we will consider it .... all sorts of rumors flying around at a very high level .... cash, player exchange, loan back? .... Poch is aware no idea what his views are ....
Ok what club? How much?

Back
Top Bottom