Emiliano Sala

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

600k?

times21.jpg

from what I have read on the case insurance will not pay out (due to the nature of the flight he is not insured), Cardiff know this and are now looking at any reason not to pay.

From the latest report Cardiff are trying to make the responsibility fall on Nantes for the flight and trying to get the family on their side as well. Mckay (younger) was working for Nantes and he arranged the flight seems to be the route they are trying. Everything else is muddying the water.

From their side they are hated anyway and £15m is £15m.

At this stage I think both clubs should swallow half of the money, give it to the footballer and the pilots families and show that football really can be more than just a game. Gestures like that will mean so much more than a couple of matches gate receipts

At this stage I think both clubs should swallow half of the money, give it to the footballer and the pilots families and show that football really can be more than just a game. Gestures like that will mean so much more than a couple of matches gate receipts
Its a lovely thought but harsh on Nantes who will have to pay Bordeaux €7.5M and payroll is below €30M (cant find turnover) so the €15M would likely put them out of business when as far as I can see they sold the player to Cardiff.

Its a horrible accident but it does seem that the responsibility lies squarely with Cardiff and its only them muddying the waters that puts Nantes in the frame.

Yep all seems in pretty poor taste. But I guess money talks as always. If they can find some loophole to worm out of parting with £15m, then public perception sadly isn't going to stop them.

Genuinely hope they go down, the way Cardiff arbe behaving is abhorrent. He was was on the plane to attend a Cardiff training session the next day. To argue now that he wasn't their player is shocking.

Genuinely hope they go down, the way Cardiff arbe behaving is abhorrent. He was was on the plane to attend a Cardiff training session the next day. To argue now that he wasn't their player is shocking.
They should go down for Warnock alone

If the BBC are to be believed Cardiff are now officially the lowest form of pond scum on the planet ...

Emiliano Sala: Cardiff set to claim transfer deal 'not legally binding'

Despite having told the world that Sala had signed, despite having registered the international transfer with FIFA those cunts at Cardiff are now trying to use legal loopholes to avoid paying ... so why does this matter?

Well as a Cardiff player Sala's family would be entitled to full compensation for the five years on his new contract, a contract he very publicly signed, as an EPL player Sala's family would be entitled to the full and substantial PFA compensation package for death at work ... now if Cardiff get their way the family will not only have lost a son they will also be denied almost all that compensation ....

Any true Cardiff fan should hang their heads in shame, any Cardiff player should be putting in a transfer request today, the sooner this disgusting club disappears the better ... or at the very least the fans should boycott their club until their despicable owner is kicked out.

Another abhorrent display of greed and lack of human decency ... fuck you Cardiff

If the insurance won't pay out both teams should meet halfway and Cardiff should give Nantes half of the fee and both should let this poor guy's name rest now.

It won't happen and people say money is money but that's exactly what's wrong with the world. Nantes lost a player and a person due to Cardiff signing him, Cardiff got a really raw deal losing a player so quickly after signing but none of that matters in the grand scheme of things.

Cardiff and Nantes are missing a huge opportunity to do the right thing, which is show that the loss of a human life is more important than loopholes and lawyers.

Do the right thing, both clubs meet halfway on the agreed fee and use a little bit of that money to his and the pilots families so they can move on as best they can. Show football is more than just a game as it's so often touted as being

If the BBC are to be believed Cardiff are now officially the lowest form of pond scum on the planet ...

Emiliano Sala: Cardiff set to claim transfer deal 'not legally binding'

Despite having told the world that Sala had signed, despite having registered the international transfer with FIFA those cunts at Cardiff are now trying to use legal loopholes to avoid paying ... so why does this matter?

Well as a Cardiff player Sala's family would be entitled to full compensation for the five years on his new contract, a contract he very publicly signed, as an EPL player Sala's family would be entitled to the full and substantial PFA compensation package for death at work ... now if Cardiff get their way the family will not only have lost a son they will also be denied almost all that compensation ....

Any true Cardiff fan should hang their heads in shame, any Cardiff player should be putting in a transfer request today, the sooner this disgusting club disappears the better ... or at the very least the fans should boycott their club until their despicable owner is kicked out.

Another abhorrent display of greed and lack of human decency ... fuck you Cardiff
Cardiff are the scumbags here... last I read the pfa were pushing for the payment but it may not be definate.

Sala's family could miss out on £600,000 due to contract 'mistake'

If the insurance won't pay out both teams should meet halfway and Cardiff should give Nantes half of the fee and both should let this poor guy's name rest now.

It won't happen and people say money is money but that's exactly what's wrong with the world. Nantes lost a player and a person due to Cardiff signing him, Cardiff got a really raw deal losing a player so quickly after signing but none of that matters in the grand scheme of things.

Cardiff and Nantes are missing a huge opportunity to do the right thing, which is show that the loss of a human life is more important than loopholes and lawyers.

Do the right thing, both clubs meet halfway on the agreed fee and use a little bit of that money to his and the pilots families so they can move on as best they can. Show football is more than just a game as it's so often touted as being
Nantes owe bourdeux 7.5m on the deal.

Its a horrible thing to have happened but from my veiw only Cardiff are responsible, the 15m is not going to the family. Nantes will be giving money to the family I am sure (testimonial/memorial ) but this behaviour by Cardiff is slimey, looking for loopholes which is probably brought on by the lack of insurance due to the nature /legality of the flight.

*not discounting the pilot in this, just not the subject of the 15m

Nantes owe bourdeux 7.5m on the deal.

Its a horrible thing to have happened but from my veiw only Cardiff are responsible, the 15m is not going to the family. Nantes will be giving money to the family I am sure (testimonial/memorial ) but this behaviour by Cardiff is slimey, looking for loopholes which is probably brought on by the lack of insurance due to the nature /legality of the flight.

*not discounting the pilot in this, just not the subject of the 15m

The same applies to Bordeaux then. All 3 clubs should have sat down and figured out something that is manageable under such sad circumstances.

I don't know the ins and outs but I know each team is functioning without the Sala money and won't go skint because of it so a little of the human element from some or one or the parties is required. A shame those teams turned out to be crocodile ones, it will leave a sour taste somewhat and rightly so

The same applies to Bordeaux then. All 3 clubs should have sat down and figured out something that is manageable under such sad circumstances.

I don't know the ins and outs but I know each team is functioning without the Sala money and won't go skint because of it so a little of the human element from some or one or the parties is required. A shame those teams turned out to be crocodile ones, it will leave a sour taste somewhat and rightly so
I don't understand why it's decent, genuinely, the family don't get any financial benefit this way and it's only Cardiff getting dragging this through the press /courts looking for a a way out. I think you are letting them off lightly here, they are acting dispicably.

*I am not using this as an excuse as I don't see bad behaviour on their part but Nantes sold him because they are short of money, the 15m is significant compared to wages /turnover and will impact them massively. It will mean job losses and cuts to normal people as well as footballers because Cardiff are trying not to fulfil their responsibilities.

Back
Top Bottom