Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't give a flying fcuk how we play within reason tomorrow as long as we win.

That draws us closer to whoever sits top and would represent probably more points than we might have expected.

The one frustration which we just seem to be unique in is the lack of change.

We will start with an 11 that were here 2 seasons ago. It is only us that seems to not be able to change and impact, notwithstanding Ndombele's oh so typically Tottenham injury.

4 players bought in the summer. 0 starters.
I think we need to come out and start as we do in the 2nd half. We're slow starters which is why we concede early to indifferent teams. Come out on full attack.

Poch explained his reasoning for all this in his press conference yesterday. I thought he made a convincing argument.

He said he's not a scientist - he's not paid to carry out experiments on the pitch. He's a coach - he plays his best 11 for the job in hand - and he lives or dies by his decisions.
Unfortunately, so do we......

#Specsavers.

nintchdbpict0003973245241.jpg
Same barber as Levy.

There is a massive difference between the 2 cases though.

When Kane has been out, it's because he has been injured, and he takes time to get up to speed.. so I and many others believe he shouldn't return straight into the starting XI. The same should apply for ALL the players.

However, in this case Son has been out due to suspension. And Mauricio has stated that he was looking sharp in training... so I don't see why he shouldn't go straight into the team. Just like Kane would if he was suspended.
Good call. Welcome to the forum!! (Madhouse).

In blind tasting tests, sommeliers to non wine drinkers were equally as innacurate as to whether they were tasting red or white wines in a trial carried out a few years ago

In a similar trial so called experts and peasants alike were asked to test champagnes from the finest producers to the supermarket specials - and the one voted the finest turned out to be Sainsbury's best Champagne - I can't remember which, but one of the established marques - like Veuve Cliquot (although I don't remember which it was) was universally voted as the worst.

German whites are the best whites for me usually a Mosel or Nahe spatlese. But there are plenty of good kabinets as well.
Wine "experts " are a bunch of pompous knowitall wankers.

In blind tasting tests, sommeliers to non wine drinkers were equally as innacurate as to whether they were tasting red or white wines in a trial carried out a few years ago

In a similar trial so called experts and peasants alike were asked to test champagnes from the finest producers to the supermarket specials - and the one voted the finest turned out to be Sainsbury's best Champagne - I can't remember which, but one of the established marques - like Veuve Cliquot (although I don't remember which it was) was universally voted as the worst.

German whites are the best whites for me usually a Mosel or Nahe spatlese. But there are plenty of good kabinets as well.
Try Cloudy Bay, N.Z, .The Sauvignon is fantastic. They also do an excellent Chardonnay.

Exactly, wine is like art, the price does not necessarily represent the pleasure it gives to the owner. You raise an interesting point about 'blind tasting' and it's one I must try very,very soon Hic ! :thumbup: ;)
PS
Do you remember the German White called Neirsteiner I think, quite a few years ago now. Everyone was aghast to learn it had anti freeze in it :roflmao: :roflmao: Great for going to work on those cold Winter mornings.
None of this really matters because after the second glass, who gives a shit!

There was a scandal when an Austrian wine was found to have something similar to glycol in it - but that would never happen to a German wine as they have purity laws over there that would have the producer shut down before it ever went to market - due to the stringent testing carried out.
Happened in Italy too.

Quite right..my memory is not what it was but for me Germany/Austria is quite close enough. :roflmao: :thumbup:
I see the Glycol is working it's magic on your memory. Please let me know any other symptoms. It's not quite my field but I have a lot of neurologist friends.

Back
Top Bottom